NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chase Claypool 2020 Outlook

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Longtime lurker and Steelers fan, but I've been watching Claypool closely since the rave reviews started coming out of camp, so I'm going to wade into this debate. I think this take is pretty reasonab

When Jimmy watches Chase catch 1 pass for -2 yards.

And the loser here is Aaron Rodgers.  I was wondering what Rodgers must be thinking, here is an historically deep and freakishly talented rookie WR class....and Green Bay drafted a backup QB and a 3rd

Posted Images

Anyone else seeing him as a fade this week?

Big Ben had only 182 passing yards last game vs Baltimore, and weather not looking good Tuesday night? ...Basically TD or bust game most likely.

I have guys like Devante Parker, Brian Hill over him at WR2/flex in one league this week.

1 minute ago, Whitemist said:

Anyone else seeing him as a fade this week?

Big Ben had only 182 passing yards last game vs Baltimore, and weather not looking good Tuesday night? ...Basically TD or bust game most likely.

I have guys like Devante Parker, Brian Hill over him at WR2/flex in one league this week.

Im not starting any PIT/ BAL players if i dont have to. This game could leave you with 0 if it gets canceled late

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, zorndogs said:

Claypool is their best at short routes right and YAC? I assume if the Skins have any sense they will be bringing a lot of pressure to the QB with their robust D Line. I can see a lot of dump offs to Chase

Diontae gets the most short area targets on the team by far, lots of 5-7 yard catches, but Claypool gets used on a couple gadget plays a game like end-arounds and usually get a few deep targets up the seam and stuff.  It's kind of a crapshoot.  I think out of all the WR's for the Steelers I'm most nervous about Claypool for this one and most confident about Diontae but we'll see how it goes. 

I agree to an extent, but these are two of the teams I watch the most, I'm a Skins fan. I think theres going to be a tricky gadget type TD play to Claypool. The skins D line is the best right now IMO, and I think the Steelers would be best off letting Claypool create his own plays with quick dump offs in this game. 

3 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

The shine is starting to wear off.  I guess I'm seriously going to have to consider Keke over this cat.

It's not like his play has fallen off, at least not that I can see. He just got benched at the expense of the team. 

14 minutes ago, TheDude4bides said:

The few plays I saw him in on, he was often corrected and told he was in the wrong position, once even the wrong side of the formation altogether... I'm confused, as I didn't remember that being a weak spot for him...

I noticed this too. Kinda weird this late in the year for someone who's played so much. 

18 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

pretty bad timing with playoffs starting next week. Idk how you can start him without Tomlin coming out and literally saying "Claypool is out of the doghouse". Bummer of a situation

First time under 60% of snaps since week 2. Washington's most snaps since week 5. That's one way to help your rookie's confidence down the stretch, I guess. 

I wonder if this actually started last week. I thought it was odd that CC wasn't on the field in crunch time in that game. And then Washington made a nice grab to ice the game.