NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chase Claypool 2020 Outlook

6 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

I'm sorry but what's so impressive about this play?  Regardless, it doesn't matter what you think.  The coaching staff clearly doesn't view Washington as someone they don't want on the field and it's Claypool that will pay for this.  Claypool won't come off the field next year but for now he's still a rookie and 3rd in the pecking order with #4 nipping at his heals.

That 4th hasn't nipped all year until last night

• Like 1
  • Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Longtime lurker and Steelers fan, but I've been watching Claypool closely since the rave reviews started coming out of camp, so I'm going to wade into this debate. I think this take is pretty reasonab

When Jimmy watches Chase catch 1 pass for -2 yards.

And the loser here is Aaron Rodgers.  I was wondering what Rodgers must be thinking, here is an historically deep and freakishly talented rookie WR class....and Green Bay drafted a backup QB and a 3rd

Posted Images

1 game fluke... I do not know how a guy can have the season he is having and then they switch gears to keep him down??? Like what's the mindset? Teams figured out how to guard 6 foot 4 freaks? No evidence of that...

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

It should be a shoot-out, but with dwindling snaps and hardly playing in the RZ, there is no way you can play him with any reasonable confidence.

"Dwindling" implies this has been a trend. He was right around 60-70% of snaps every game before the last one, which right now is an outlier. 

I haven't noticed him coming out in the RZ either. He and JW have been given whole series at a time as far as I can tell. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, hard1 said:

1 game fluke... I do not know how a guy can have the season he is having and then they switch gears to keep him down??? Like what's the mindset? Teams figured out how to guard 6 foot 4 freaks? No evidence of that...

Maybe trying to keep him hungry and focused? And help keep JW engaged? Good a guess as any. Hope it doesn't mess with his mojo. Some players get all head f'ed when coaches start playing games with their snaps. 

Edited by Drewfus
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, Drewfus said:

Maybe trying to keep him hungry and focused? And help keep JW engaged? Good a guess as any. Hope it doesn't mess with his mojo. Some players get all head f'ed when coaches start playing games with their snaps. 

Tomlin def seems like a manipulator until he has his guy... then there is no question, which kinda makes me wonder if he got his bell rung on that 30 yarder... cause he gets them in close with a huge catch takes a shot and pt goes down immediately??? Does not compute just like him going from 65 percent of all game snaps most of the year to 30??

Tomlin manipulating something else imo

2 hours ago, Theschill38 said:

Honestly I wouldn't play him at this point. I don't know what happened exactly but he's definitely lost snaps and it's gonna be hard to depend on the TDs. 

Likely the dropsies are starting to effect his playing time. His targets/snap count this weekend should be a good indicator of his ROS outlook. 

24 minutes ago, THall0890 said:

Likely the dropsies are starting to effect his playing time. His targets/snap count this weekend should be a good indicator of his ROS outlook. 

Is he even the worst dropz offender on the team? From what I've seen it seems like errrbody been droppin in the last couple games. 

Why would he be the only one punished? He's clearly their most dynamic weapon. I just don't understand why you'd stop fueling it after it's proven itself in battle. 

Edited by Drewfus
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

The world wide web says that he is going to play this Sunday.

I wish I knew how much he would play. 

I was really hoping that there'd be a story on the interwebs this week about the drastic shift in snaps. 

1 hour ago, THall0890 said:

Not sure why his snaps decreased but I doubt it's the drops bc Diontae leads the league in drops and that hasn't affected him.

Its not the drops 

Seriously dude got layed out on that 30 yarder that was a bad throw that he caught to get to the Red zone then got benched??? Nah he got drilled... but no story about it means we can speculate, no reason to speculate 1 week was not a trend..

On 12/8/2020 at 12:16 PM, hard1 said:

Yeah let's play james washington instead 

I know he got up right away cause thats what you do... hop up act like nothing or honestly didn't feel anything at the time. But don't make that play then get benched. Unless tomlin has the covid brain.

35 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I read tredavious white would cover claypool. Is that accurate?

I don't know which side White plays but if that is true claypool is an easy sit.bi was hoping white would be on Johnson or Juju

According to Mike Clay, White will be on Diontae and Claypool (when on the field) will be in the coverage of Levi Wallace--a pretty good matchup for him.

• Like 1

Also makes sense for White to be on Diontae from a size perspective (White had a rough game against Metcalf). I'm not rolling him out there until there's better clarity on what's happening with his snaps.

Edited by trilly