NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chase Claypool 2020 Outlook

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Longtime lurker and Steelers fan, but I've been watching Claypool closely since the rave reviews started coming out of camp, so I'm going to wade into this debate. I think this take is pretty reasonab

When Jimmy watches Chase catch 1 pass for -2 yards.

And the loser here is Aaron Rodgers.  I was wondering what Rodgers must be thinking, here is an historically deep and freakishly talented rookie WR class....and Green Bay drafted a backup QB and a 3rd

Posted Images

So he is healthy now though right? I'm starting him over Jakobi Meyers. Don't have any other WRs. I'm hoping last week was a fluke, who knows though this team is tough to figure out, I think he is their best weapon on O but they seem to disagree

2 of his 6 targets tonight were pretty much uncatchable, and 1 was very well defended and knocked away. Ben looks worse every week. They can't run the ball. Worst timing for him to fold into oblivion.

He looks like he's just not being game planned anymore. But he continues to draw PI calls. 

Edited by Thrill22

Man I feel ya [...] . Thought I had a set and forget for the rest of the year back early in the season. Hopefully he can get back on track against the Bungles.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

Starting him this week barring some announcement that he is getting benched or injury/COVID news. PIT can't run. Big Ben is throwing 40 times a game. His last 2 games have been bad, and PIT lost those games. If anything he is a red zone weapon. Hard to guard 6'3 or whatever

1 minute ago, Thrill22 said:

Starting him this week barring some announcement that he is getting benched or injury/COVID news. PIT can't run. Big Ben is throwing 40 times a game. His last 2 games have been bad, and PIT lost those games. If anything he is a red zone weapon. Hard to guard 6'3 or whatever

Also, hard to ignore the coaching staff not realizing the red zone weapon... or in between 20s weapon. They have DK kind of guy and are not playing him or giving him respectable routes. He’s better next year than this one imho. 

• Like 1

Tomlin said they reduced his snaps to avoid the rookie wall. They played 3 games in 12 days and he’s been at like a 44% snap rate. Now that the schedule will be normalized hopefully he goes back to his normal allotment of snaps. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Tomlin said they reduced his snaps to avoid the rookie wall. They played 3 games in 12 days and he’s been at like a 44% snap rate. Now that the schedule will be normalized hopefully he goes back to his normal allotment of snaps. 

That is very interesting I hadn't seen that. It also seemingly explains everything - I really hope it is that simple because I'm likely going to have to roll him out there again this week.

1 hour ago, Ryansm11 said:

Weeks 12-17 last year D Johnson never had less than 69% snap share and only had 2 games under 80%

Claypool has been under 68% snap share the last 4 games, 2 of which were losses. 

I'm not saying Tomlin is a liar but I think the rookie wall stuff is just an excuse to hide his true reason for limiting claypool while running Diontae "drops" Johnson out there.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Weeks 12-17 last year D Johnson never had less than 69% snap share and only had 2 games under 80%

Claypool has been under 68% snap share the last 4 games, 2 of which were losses. 

I'm not saying Tomlin is a liar but I think the rookie wall stuff is just an excuse to hide his true reason for limiting claypool while running Diontae "drops" Johnson out there.

tomlin isn't being truthful  clearly. 

They've been benching him/ reducing his snaps in crucial game situations in which they've been trailing.  Not shockingly they've gone 1-2 since his reduced usage.  He's dynamic and the failure to use him and continue to play inferior receivers is costing them.

Edited by JetsAwesome
  • Like 2
47 minutes ago, JetsAwesome said:

tomlin isn't being truthful  clearly. 

They've been benching him/ reducing his snaps in crucial game situations in which they've been trailing.  Not shockingly they've gone 1-2 since his reduced usage.  He's dynamic and the failure to use him and continue to play inferior receivers is costing them.

^ Exactly, you can’t explain away, taking one of the NFL’s most dynamic WR & placing him on the Bench; when others are dropping multiple targets every game. He’s slinging a lot of Bullshit.