NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chase Claypool 2020 Outlook

4 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

We know you’re used to it lol 

Hey man, how was that loss to a team without a coach and missing starters?

😘😘

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Longtime lurker and Steelers fan, but I've been watching Claypool closely since the rave reviews started coming out of camp, so I'm going to wade into this debate. I think this take is pretty reasonab

When Jimmy watches Chase catch 1 pass for -2 yards.

And the loser here is Aaron Rodgers.  I was wondering what Rodgers must be thinking, here is an historically deep and freakishly talented rookie WR class....and Green Bay drafted a backup QB and a 3rd

Posted Images

Does every Steelers WR act like an edgy 13 year old?  
Not to mention having Biff from back to the future throwing them the ball, as about an obnoxious group on offense you can probably find,  should pipe down. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
28 minutes ago, Chippa said:

spacer.png

THIS DUDE IS STILL TALKING

People really overrate the steelers "classiness"

the wide receivers over there are just all insufferable jagwads

Agreed...Big Ben multiple legal accusations , AB legal accusations ....to a much lesser extent Bell, JuJu, Claypool me me me me me guys, yeah these doofuses are the epitome of class 

Edited by CroNY
45 minutes ago, Chippa said:

spacer.png

45 minutes ago, Chippa said:

THIS DUDE IS STILL TALKING

People really overrate the steelers "classiness"

the wide receivers over there are just all insufferable jagwads

Ahhhhh! its a broken link, I wanna know what he's whining about now, lol.

16 minutes ago, kdko said:

Ahhhhh! its a broken link, I wanna know what he's whining about now, lol.

spacer.png

Now he retracted his statement and is talking about "all love" between pittsburgh and cleveland"

obviously his agent told him to shut up

spacer.png

• Haha 1
Just now, Chippa said:

spacer.png

Now he retracted his statement and is talking about "all love" between pittsburgh and cleveland"

obviously his agent told him to shut up

spacer.png

The backtracking 🤣

I think ppl are really over exaggerating this. it was dumb and childish but he’s 22 years old I think most of us have said and done much worse at 22.

But hopefully all the hate he’s receiving makes him realize ppl are quick to tear down idols and he keeps it more classy from here on out and I pray he doesn’t become another AB.

1 hour ago, Stonej14 said:

I think ppl are really over exaggerating this. it was dumb and childish but he’s 22 years old I think most of us have said and done much worse at 22.

This. If you read up about his life story, legitimately seems like a good dude. Some silly trash talk and minor missteps like this at 22 really aren't a big deal. I don't know why people expect these young guys to make zero missteps along the way, it's not like he got a DUI or some other serious issue going on.

4 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

But hopefully all the hate he’s receiving makes him realize ppl are quick to tear down idols and he keeps it more classy from here on out and I pray he doesn’t become another AB.

2 hours ago, trilly said:

This. If you read up about his life story, legitimately seems like a good dude. Some silly trash talk and minor missteps like this at 22 really aren't a big deal. I don't know why people expect these young guys to make zero missteps along the way, it's not like he got a DUI or some other serious issue going on.

We're not saying he's a criminal

we're saying he's a clown. A steeler clown. Just like Bell, and Brown, and Schuster

• Like 3

I was really responding more to the guy who said let's hope he's not another AB bc he's a guy with legit issues. Fair to group him w Juju's silliness, I bet he rubbed off on him.

Edited by trilly
9 hours ago, Chippa said:

We're not saying he's a criminal

we're saying he's a clown. A steeler clown. Just like Bell, and Brown, and Schuster

Bell and Brown have at least multiple all-pro seasons to their name.

JuJu was on and off and Chase is a rookie.

Their all clowns, but I can somehow forgive someone who delivered.

Maybe it is time to think about the Steelers organization why they produce clowns like that 🤷‍♂️

On 1/15/2021 at 6:48 AM, thebadferret said:

Bell and Brown have at least multiple all-pro seasons to their name.

JuJu was on and off and Chase is a rookie.

Their all clowns, but I can somehow forgive someone who delivered.

Maybe it is time to think about the Steelers organization why they produce clowns like that 🤷‍♂️

I am not even a Steeler fan, but some of this is so overblown. Joe Namath freaking guaranteed to beat a team and gets lionized for it; juju is by all accounts a great dude and does tons of charity work around the area. Leveon Bell held out for a contract; Steelers and Jets both said he was a good teammate and hard worker.

Javon Belcher murdered his wife and blew his brains out in the team parking lot. Tyreek Hill and Frank Clark are woman-beating pieces of trash. The Chiefs signed the aforementioned Bell. Do we need to worry about their culture? The culture of the Pats for having an actual repeat murderer on their team? The Titans for the whole freaking team or defense of whatever committing the horrible sin of dancing on a logo like Juju?

• Like 1
On 1/14/2021 at 5:36 PM, Stonej14 said:

I think, sadly, AB had an actual mental health issue going on. Either Tomlin was really really good at keeping him under control the first few years (and then not good at it at all) or he just went off the deep end pretty much all at once

2 minutes ago, donslaughtonslaught said:

I am not even a Steeler fan, but some of this is so overblown. Joe Namath freaking guaranteed to beat a team and gets lionized for it; juju is by all accounts a great dude and does tons of charity work around the area. Leveon Bell held out for a contract; Steelers and Jets both said he was a good teammate and hard worker.

Javon Belcher murdered his wife and blew his brains out in the team parking lot. Tyreek Hill and Frank Clark are woman-beating pieces of trash. The Chiefs signed the aforementioned Bell. Do we need to worry about their culture? The culture of the Pats for having an actual repeat murderer on their team? The Titans for the whole freaking team or defense of whatever committing the horrible sin of dancing on a logo like Juju?

We’re poking fun at a couple of guys for being idiots

calm down. It’s not the end of the world. Juju and Claypool don’t need your help

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Chippa said:

We’re poking fun at a couple of guys for being idiots

calm down. It’s not the end of the world. Juju and Claypool don’t need your help

If you are from around Pittsburgh the amount of crap Tomlin gets for stuff out of his control is insane. That guy specifically referenced worries about the organization “turning out clowns.” There are clowns on every team in the league.

4 minutes ago, donslaughtonslaught said:

If you are from around Pittsburgh the amount of crap Tomlin gets for stuff out of his control is insane. That guy specifically referenced worries about the organization “turning out clowns.” There are clowns on every team in the league.

The Steelers have been very clownish the last 5 seasons. 

No need to be offended that people are trashing the precious Steelers. They’ve always got off easy compared to other organizations.

16 minutes ago, Chippa said:

The Steelers have been very clownish the last 5 seasons. 

No need to be offended that people are trashing the precious Steelers. They’ve always got off easy compared to other organizations.

Jesus dude I said I am not a Steeler fan. I think pearl-clutching about 22 year old dudes making TikTok videos is silly. You acting twice like I have a personal stake in the Steelers or any of these players is kind of weird though. Just because I disagree with your point doesn’t make me a sheep or whatever.

4 hours ago, donslaughtonslaught said:

This was solely about how there have been a lot of clowns on the Steelers over the last years. More than other teams. That the only thing I'm questioning. Nobody said they are bad people.  Maybe it's just me, but if I was on the Steelers and JuJu was dancing on the Logo after the third loss in a row, I'd have a problem with that. 

And coooome on...of corse there are people who did much worse. No need to compare that here. Nobody said that the Steelers are worse than actual crimes. And that the Titans dancing on the logo is a clapback for last season when it was done to them if I remember correct. How is that comparable to JuJu dancing on the team logo before any game? That's off fiel issues you don't find on other teams in that amount. All this was of corse accelerated by the Steelers being without a loss and then becoming cocky. Them blowing their season is just enjoyment for everybody. It's a basic human pleasure. Germans have a word for that: "Schadensfreude".

51 minutes ago, thebadferret said:

This was solely about how there have been a lot of clowns on the Steelers over the last years. More than other teams. That the only thing I'm questioning. Nobody said they are bad people.  Maybe it's just me, but if I was on the Steelers and JuJu was dancing on the Logo after the third loss in a row, I'd have a problem with that. 

And coooome on...of corse there are people who did much worse. No need to compare that here. Nobody said that the Steelers are worse than actual crimes. And that the Titans dancing on the logo is a clapback for last season when it was done to them if I remember correct. How is that comparable to JuJu dancing on the team logo before any game? That's off fiel issues you don't find on other teams in that amount. All this was of corse accelerated by the Steelers being without a loss and then becoming cocky. Them blowing their season is just enjoyment for everybody. It's a basic human pleasure. Germans have a word for that: "Schadensfreude".

Sorry man; I jumped into the convo late.  I just know in the Pittsburgh area Tomlin gets a ton of flack, and it isn’t all about football if you know what I mean. Honestly Steeler fans (some of my best friends and family) are annoying, and I get the schadenfreude aspect. I just wish more of it was directed where it belongs, which was basically letting a very talented (but very stupid) QB have too much control of a team.

Just now, donslaughtonslaught said:

Sorry man; I jumped into the convo late.  I just know in the Pittsburgh area Tomlin gets a ton of flack, and it isn’t all about football if you know what I mean. Honestly Steeler fans (some of my best friends and family) are annoying, and I get the schadenfreude aspect. I just wish more of it was directed where it belongs, which was basically letting a very talented (but very stupid) QB have too much control of a team.

I was complaining to you about stuff you didn’t really say. I just do know being in the market that Juju and Chase (while for sure immature, and Juju was way overrated by the Yinzers because they were mad at AB) seem like pretty ok dudes otherwise

6 hours ago, donslaughtonslaught said:

It's his team, in the end it's his responsibility. If JuJu doesn't get that his antics will antagonise teams unnecessarily, it's Tomlin's job to teach him (in whatever way). If Chase doesn't get that coming back like a 5yo ("they did it first") is stupid, then they need to get that in his head.

And if this kind of thing happens with 3 WRs in 2 years, then you seriously need to review that part of the organization. That's his job. Responsibility goes uphill.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, donslaughtonslaught said:

the steelers didnt have these problems with cowher. Mayse some dirty hits, sure. But nothing where the players are acting like jabronies

Remember AB filimg himself in the locker room when Tomlin was cutting a speech? He has to stop that stuff before it happens. It's like he's enabling this stuff.

Edited by Chippa
44 minutes ago, Chippa said:

the steelers didnt have these problems with cowher. Mayse some dirty hits, sure. But nothing where the players are acting like jabronies

Remember AB filimg himself in the locker room when Tomlin was cutting a speech? He has to stop that stuff before it happens. It's like he's enabling this stuff.

Greg Lloyd was nuts under Cowher. Bam Morris tried selling all of the drugs. Harrison beat his wife.