NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chase Claypool 2020 Outlook

4 minutes ago, donslaughtonslaught said:

Greg Lloyd was nuts under Cowher. Bam Morris tried selling all of the drugs. Harrison beat his wife.

fair enough. But there's always guys like that in NFL locker rooms. Always

this chad johnson esque attitude from AB, Schuster, and Claypool is just embarassing. Something's up in that locker room where receiver after receiver after receiver is just a total idiot. That falls on Tomlin

• Like 1
  • Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Longtime lurker and Steelers fan, but I've been watching Claypool closely since the rave reviews started coming out of camp, so I'm going to wade into this debate. I think this take is pretty reasonab

When Jimmy watches Chase catch 1 pass for -2 yards.

And the loser here is Aaron Rodgers.  I was wondering what Rodgers must be thinking, here is an historically deep and freakishly talented rookie WR class....and Green Bay drafted a backup QB and a 3rd

Posted Images

JuJu and Claypool are both under 25 years old and received instant spotlight due to being productive at the flashiest position. Doesn't help that they are on one of the most popular teams in the league. I think you guys are looking a little too much into this. They're just immature young players that value their social media image, which is pretty common for people their age.

10 hours ago, sSektor said:

JuJu and Claypool are both under 25 years old and received instant spotlight due to being productive at the flashiest position. Doesn't help that they are on one of the most popular teams in the league. I think you guys are looking a little too much into this. They're just immature young players that value their social media image, which is pretty common for people their age.

I don't think anyone disagrees with the bolded parts. Young kids do stupid stuff, young kids with money do stupider stuff and young kids with money and loads of attention, whoah brother.

The point is: teams need to help guide that a bit before it hurts the team. Belichick would have zero patience with this, and so would Brady (Brady played happily with AB, but there was zero funny business). I don't think Reid or Rivera would accept a lot. 

And I don't think that's just me being a grumpy old git. There've been some fantastic players who were also terrible characters (especially WRs), but they usually had their best results when their antics were held slightly in check. The less energy they spend on BS, the better it is for the team and their careers.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/17/2021 at 11:59 PM, Boudewijn said:

I don't think anyone disagrees with the bolded parts. Young kids do stupid stuff, young kids with money do stupider stuff and young kids with money and loads of attention, whoah brother.

The point is: teams need to help guide that a bit before it hurts the team. Belichick would have zero patience with this, and so would Brady (Brady played happily with AB, but there was zero funny business). I don't think Reid or Rivera would accept a lot. 

And I don't think that's just me being a grumpy old git. There've been some fantastic players who were also terrible characters (especially WRs), but they usually had their best results when their antics were held slightly in check. The less energy they spend on BS, the better it is for the team and their careers.

I was very happy to get Claypool in a couple of my dynasty leagues. And I was very pleased in the early season and preseason when he was saying all the right things and was seemingly humble. Then with the growing success also came a growing ego. I know a lot of it is unavoidable and part of the dynamic of being a rising star in the league, but just the same, it is troubling to see it. Too many distractions and groupies. I hope the kid can stay out of trouble and keep working to achieve greatness.

Unrelated, replacing Roethlisberger is going to be an issue as well. They have no heir apparent on that roster.