NBC Sports Edge Forums

Michael Thomas 2020 Outlook

5 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I benched him in favor of Scotty Miller in a money league.

If this doesn't mean he is playing I don't know what does.

I started Miller too. If it was 100% known that MT was playing I would've benched Miller for Shenault.

But I felt like I had to start Miller because I may need Shenault to replace MT (if we find out by Sunday that he's not playing).

Sticky situation, but I'm hoping we gain some clarity by Sunday.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Damn. You got it like that huh. I don’t think I know 1 surgeon, let alone multiples. What the heck are you doing here with us peasants. 

And F Sean Payton for having him out there when the game was decided and all the other backups were in.  

How it started: How it’s going:

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Guccimonster said:

Only a fool would think he’s playing Monday night, they just want the chargers to keep thinking he might suit up.

bench him, don’t risk playing him for Monday night 

I'm torn, as usual. I feel like I'd rather risk it, for the upside. Really hope we get some sort of clarity by Sunday morning. 

Just now, ajs723 said:

I'm torn, as usual. I feel like I'd rather risk it, for the upside. Really hope we get some sort of clarity by Sunday morning. 

If Manny or Smith or available just have them on standby if you can. I doubt MT plays, but if he does you will regret it. If he doesn't no biggie. If you have a pretty solid lineup that you can miss another week of him without much drop-off then by all means do that too and just start your best guys. Until he's ruled out you have to assume the best and prepare for the worst.

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

If Manny or Smith or available just have them on standby if you can. I doubt MT plays, but if he does you will regret it. If he doesn't no biggie. If you have a pretty solid lineup that you can miss another week of him without much drop-off then by all means do that too and just start your best guys. Until he's ruled out you have to assume the best and prepare for the worst.

This seems simple, but I have strong alternatives on Sunday, or decent alternatives on Monday night if he doesn't play, so... torn.

I ultimately think his upside is too high to bench him unless he's ruled out. This is the overall WR1 in fantasy, and by a lot. 

1 minute ago, DiddleThatKitty said:

Saints can win without Thomas. That will weight heavily on their decision to hold him out.

Very much so, but you can't sleep on the Chargers

4 minutes ago, DiddleThatKitty said:

Saints can win without Thomas. That will weight heavily on their decision to hold him out.

They’re 1-2 without him. Not as easy to move the ball when your QB can’t throw further than 10 yards and doesn’t have a safety blanket. 

29 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

They’re 1-2 without him. Not as easy to move the ball when your QB can’t throw further than 10 yards and doesn’t have a safety blanket. 

Hardly threw to him in that first game though.

4 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Yes let’s look at that ONE game instead of the sixty before it. 

I mean, you did say they are 1-2 without him. The one game they had him he wasn't thrown to. Only 2020 matters. No bonus points for what was done in the past. So his spirit is 1-0.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I mean, you did say they are 1-2 without him. The one game they had him he wasn't thrown to. Only 2020 matters. No bonus points for what was done in the past. So his spirit is 1-0.

I mean if Fitzmagic was Michael Thomas' QB we know he would of had 30 FP game 1.

• Haha 2