Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Michael Thomas 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Damn. You got it like that huh. I don’t think I know 1 surgeon, let alone multiples. What the heck are you doing here with us peasants. 

And F Sean Payton for having him out there when the game was decided and all the other backups were in.  

How it started: How it’s going:

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ginocan said:

 


Harris is the play here. 
 

5/80/1 my prediction for this week. That is Flex worth in any format. 

 

 

He needed was to be a direct replacement? They didn't want to use him until he could step in as the number one? 

He's 5'6 170. 

May he have a game like that?...sure. He could've any random week. Doubt it will be when there are less threats on the field.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Where's all this... "rage drop" and "he won't play again this year" stuff coming from exactly?

 

Seems like the coaching staff is past the disciplinary issue... it was a one time thing. He unfortunately sustained a separate injury in practice this week. We don't know the severity of it, but insinuating that he's fallen out of favor with the coaching staff and that he's done as a Saint makes absolutely 0 sense to me.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Occam's Razor. I think he simply pulled a hammy. 

 

The reason I don't believe this is true, is there is literally no talk from any of the staff or Thomas on this injury. Nothing. Just that he is out from some hamstring thing. As well, past evidence for 4 seasons shows he never missed 1 game until week 2 of 2020. That either means he's an ironman or will play through anything. Now suddenly he has hamstring injury......from practice that will keep him out!? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, TennisDude said:

 

The reason I don't believe this is true, is there is literally no talk from any of the staff or Thomas on this injury. Nothing. Just that he is out from some hamstring thing. As well, past evidence for 4 seasons shows he never missed 1 game until week 2 of 2020. That either means he's an ironman or will play through anything. Now suddenly he has hamstring injury......from practice that will keep him out!? 

Guys pull hammies all the time. There is nothing hard to believe about the official story. It sucks, but it's not far-fetched at all.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TennisDude said:

 

The reason I don't believe this is true, is there is literally no talk from any of the staff or Thomas on this injury. Nothing. Just that he is out from some hamstring thing. As well, past evidence for 4 seasons shows he never missed 1 game until week 2 of 2020. That either means he's an ironman or will play through anything. Now suddenly he has hamstring injury......from practice that will keep him out!? 

There’s also never been a season like 2020 where a lot of player have came into this cold due to covid almost shutting down the season. 
It possible that a lot of these players haven’t been to their full potential due to there being no pre season. 
i mean look at the amount of injuries there has been this year. It’s crazy. 
not to mention players like CMC who have never missed games as well. 
 

i think people are blowing this out of proportion. 
it does suck he won’t be out there but what’s the point of all this speculation. 
 

the fact that people are saying it’s a fake injury is hilarious. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HOF12 said:

 

the fact that people are saying it’s a fake injury is hilarious. 

You do think the team would at least talk about the injury to the press once. I mean this is their star player on a team that is Super Bowl or bust. Last year with Devante was very frustrating, but at least we were getting some team updates weekly on his progress. This was merely a passing mention of a hamstring thing in a blurb that of course resulted in him not playing. It all does come off fishy

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

You do think the team would at least talk about the injury to the press once. I mean this is their star player on a team that is Super Bowl or bust. Last year with Devante was very frustrating, but at least we were getting some team updates weekly on his progress. This was merely a passing mention of a hamstring thing in a blurb that of course resulted in him not playing. It all does come off fishy

It really doesn't. He hurt his hamstring. He's out this week. That's the most normal sequence of events imaginable. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I get it’s been frustrating, but some of the theories ya’ll come up with lol. He pulled his hammy, he’s a real competitor if he was healthy he would be out there playing. Tampa just added AB, Saints can’t afford to lose games because of Thomas drama, he is just hurt.

 

Really really sucks for sure 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think his ego got really out of control. you couldve seen this coming from his twitter rants and takes.... then punching a teammate... the organization sided with keeping things class act, and not with the ego maniac.

i took this guy first round over kamara in a league where we can start 5 WRs... in two leagues... needless to say, i'm almost dead last. money down the toilet

edit- keep in mind, kamara's "bad" knee (from last season's injuries) was a topic during draft time. read something on twitter from a good fantasy football analyst who said it was a "ticking time bomb" 

Edited by dannyz6969
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

I think his ego got really out of control. you couldve seen this coming from his twitter rants and takes.... then punching a teammate... the organization sided with keeping things class act, and not with the ego maniac.

i took this guy first round over kamara in a league where we can start 5 WRs... in two leagues... needless to say, i'm almost dead last. money down the toilet

edit- keep in mind, kamara's "bad" knee (from last season's injuries) was a topic during draft time. read something on twitter from a good fantasy football analyst who said it was a "ticking time bomb" 

 

The irony is that MT being out is contributing to Kamara's record success. If MT is playing, Kamara likely sees at minimum 30% less receptions. Probably loses a TD or two.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

I think his ego got really out of control. you couldve seen this coming from his twitter rants and takes.... then punching a teammate... the organization sided with keeping things class act, and not with the ego maniac.

i took this guy first round over kamara in a league where we can start 5 WRs... in two leagues... needless to say, i'm almost dead last. money down the toilet

edit- keep in mind, kamara's "bad" knee (from last season's injuries) was a topic during draft time. read something on twitter from a good fantasy football analyst who said it was a "ticking time bomb" 

The little twitter war he got into with Parker was ridiculous. Really didn’t care for the guy too much after that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

I think his ego got really out of control. you couldve seen this coming from his twitter rants and takes.... then punching a teammate... the organization sided with keeping things class act, and not with the ego maniac.

i took this guy first round over kamara in a league where we can start 5 WRs... in two leagues... needless to say, i'm almost dead last. money down the toilet

edit- keep in mind, kamara's "bad" knee was a topic during draft time. read something on twitter from a well known analyst who said it was a "ticking time bomb" 

I wasn't worried about Kamara much but yes a lot of people were. Actually feel like it was the epidural shot in his back and the contract situation as well that had people really worried right around draft time but yes the knee from last year was a thing too. It wasn't necessarily the worst advice honestly. You can only go with what you know and Kamara did have some red flags. He just worked through all that and came back ready to dominate. MT had missed 1 game his entire career and caught 150 passes last year. It wasn't possible to predict the different outcomes the two have had so far this year. There's just no way. It does stink when it happens to your team. Just keep trying to win the best you can, that's all you can do.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MrPositive said:

You do think the team would at least talk about the injury to the press once. I mean this is their star player on a team that is Super Bowl or bust. Last year with Devante was very frustrating, but at least we were getting some team updates weekly on his progress. This was merely a passing mention of a hamstring thing in a blurb that of course resulted in him not playing. It all does come off fishy

With a coach like Sean Peyton heck no lol 

you can tell by his demeanor he hats talking to the press. He’ll be as short as possible. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Benjamin1984 said:

I wasn't worried about Kamara much but yes a lot of people were. Actually feel like it was the epidural shot in his back and the contract situation as well that had people really worried right around draft time but yes the knee from last year was a thing too. It wasn't necessarily the worst advice honestly. You can only go with what you know and Kamara did have some red flags. He just worked through all that and came back ready to dominate. MT had missed 1 game his entire career and caught 150 passes last year. It wasn't possible to predict the different outcomes the two have had so far this year. There's just no way. It does stink when it happens to your team. Just keep trying to win the best you can, that's all you can do.

 

totally forgot about the bad back and epidural shot. that was also a big factor in a lot of people's draft day decisions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...