NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Michael Thomas 2020 Outlook

8 minutes ago, Kevrunner said:

At least he had a better week than week 1, but monster weeks that were happening on a regular basis last year are going to be rare I would think, looks like Brees is going out of his way to spread the ball out this year and not forcing the ball to Thomas.

Both games were against TB. Just an odd game too, don't think the Saints will have that level of success spreading it around. 

Thomas will get his. He looked healthy and led the team in targets. His breakout game will come. Maybe against a Niners D that just let Davante Adams walk all over them?

17 hours ago, Kevrunner said:

At least he had a better week than week 1, but monster weeks that were happening on a regular basis last year are going to be rare I would think, looks like Brees is going out of his way to spread the ball out this year and not forcing the ball to Thomas.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Let's see how well he does in the next week or so and if their opponents put up any kind of fight. Tampa was a surprising pushover.

3 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Let's see how well he does in the next week or so and if their opponents put up any kind of fight. Tampa was a surprising pushover.

Decimated Niners next week. Could be another blowout. But Thomas is more than capable of putting up big numbers in a half, even if the game gets out of control. 

Just now, ajs723 said:

Decimated Niners next week. Could be another blowout. But Thomas is more than capable of putting up big numbers in a half, even if the game gets out of control. 

True. There were reports he wasn't going to play all the snaps yesterday. It'll take a bit of time for Brees to get back in sync with Thomas. Here's hoping MT can start blowing up before playoffs hit.

• Thanks 1

On 11/9/2020 at 2:08 PM, ajs723 said:

Richard Sherman might be returning and the 9ers are actually ranked 11th for passing defense. Not saying they aren't beatable, but definitely not as much slouch as you're suggesting.

This is coming from an MT owner and 9ers fan who is going to be playing MT regardless.

3 minutes ago, Gootz said:

Richard Sherman might be returning and the 9ers are actually ranked 11th for passing defense. Not saying they aren't beatable, but definitely not as much slouch as you're suggesting.

This is coming from an MT owner and 9ers fan who is going to be playing MT regardless.

He torched everyone last year. Sherman is old and washed up. Thomas biggest concern is his health and snap counts that the saints are going to give him which is tied in to the game flow.

7 hours ago, Gootz said:

Okay so MT will have an even better game then. 

Sherman stopped being great ages ago, and MT is matchup proof when healthy. 

10 hours ago, Gootz said:

As the others said, this isn't really a concern. The Niners likely won't be able to do much offensively with Mullens, no Kittle, no Mostert, no Samuel, etc.

I expect the Saints to have the ball a lot, and they will likely win comfortably. Expecting 10 targets for MT in this one.

Dude has gone from greatest fantasy WR of all time to dart throw flex. I've never seen a fantasy player fall off in his prime this suddenly. 

I'll start him next week because they're playing the Falcons, but you can't even make an argument that MT is an every week plug and play starter anymore. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TennisDude said:

Total disaster bust. Brees simply refuses to throw to him now and Winston has no idea how to use a slant receiver. Unreal.

Perfect example of why you NEVER bring politics into sports. In fact, his ridiculous past years is making it easier to hit other receivers even and ignore him even worse....and still win.

1 minute ago, rookieadrian said:

What did i miss? Ik he punched a teammate but other than that what he do

Seriously? Brees was asked about kneeling before the season started and said he "will never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag of the United States of America or our country.” Then Michael Thomas fired off several tweets that attacked Brees saying "We don't care if you don't agree." and "He don't know no better". I'm guessing Brees didn't like those comments from a receiver he helped make into a superstar. Some peeps brought it up after Week 1 and I brushed it off. But now it really seems undeniable at this point.

• Like 2

made a trade for him giving up the kitchen sink. so i'm trying to find some light at the end of the tunnel. hoping his injury and layoff is the reason for him to be out of sync. next week hopefully is get right matchup but if not, super concerned. winston being QB also isn't reassuring but at least MT had a 7 targets?

On 10/30/2020 at 8:24 PM, Kevrunner said:

The main reason that I don’t see Micheal Thomas getting anywhere near the production he did last year is that Brees won’t force feed Thomas again.  Brees clearly was trying to get Thomas the single season reception record.   If week 1 was any indication, Brees is no longer interested in pumping up Thomas’s numbers.  Thomas will still get a decent amount of targets, but nowhere like last year.  Thomas in 2019, didn’t have any dud games, but week 1 in 2020 he has a dud, kinda of makes you think.  In 2019, Brees was throwing Thomas WR screen passes, just to get him receptions, not trying to gain yardage.

My earlier comment got laughed at, but it’s kinda holding up.

10 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

Perfect example of why you NEVER bring politics into sports. In fact, his ridiculous past years is making it easier to hit other receivers even and ignore him even worse....and still win.

totally agre...wait..hold on. I have to let this pre-game military flyover go by then i'll finish my thought. 

what were we saying about politics in sports again?

• Thanks 1

7 targets on 23 total pass attempts, with winston playing half the game. Not a bust yet, just 2 bizzare and very dissapointing gamescripts back to back. 130 total passing yards for the saints and they led by 2 tds the whole game. Hopefully Brees is ok otherwise that will give us a real reason to panic. 

• Like 1