NBC Sports Edge Forums

Michael Thomas 2020 Outlook

5 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

Seriously? Brees was asked about kneeling before the season started and said he "will never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag of the United States of America or our country.” Then Michael Thomas fired off several tweets that attacked Brees saying "We don't care if you don't agree." and "He don't know no better". I'm guessing Brees didn't like those comments from a receiver he helped make into a superstar. Some peeps brought it up after Week 1 and I brushed it off. But now it really seems undeniable at this point.

Florio brought up there were trade rumors leading up to the deadline.  Payton denied them but where there is smoke there is fire. He may have moved himself into LeVeon Bell-Antonio Brown territory with the coaching staff and his teammates.

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • Like 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Damn. You got it like that huh. I don’t think I know 1 surgeon, let alone multiples. What the heck are you doing here with us peasants. 

And F Sean Payton for having him out there when the game was decided and all the other backups were in.  

How it started: How it’s going:

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, rookieadrian said:

7 targets on 23 total pass attempts, with winston playing half the game. Not a bust yet, just 2 bizzare and very dissapointing gamescripts back to back. 130 total passing yards for the saints and they led by 2 tds the whole game. Hopefully Brees is ok otherwise that will give us a real reason to panic. 

Yeah, he ain't ok.

It could just be they fed him non-stop last season and then got to the playoffs and floundered when he was shut down. they had no plan B. This season they're trying to diversify their offense so they're not quite as dependent on him. Might be good for them in the long run but sucks for fantasy. 

3 minutes ago, rookieadrian said:

7 targets on 23 total pass attempts, with winston playing half the game. Not a bust yet, just 2 bizzare and very dissapointing gamescripts back to back. 130 total passing yards for the saints and they led by 2 tds the whole game. Hopefully Brees is ok otherwise that will give us a real reason to panic. 

Can I buy your optimism? Dude never scored below 18 fantasy points last season and this season in 3 games, he has none above 10.1, with 2 below 5 points. He's become straight trash.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, yossarian said:

totally agre...wait..hold on. I have to let this pre-game military flyover go by then i'll finish my thought. 

what were we saying about politics in sports again?

Well at least don't do it with the one teammate that can control your career. lol

• Like 1
Just now, MrPositive said:

Well at least don't do it with the one teammate that can control your career. lol

i mean...you might have a point. 

honestly though others on the team also spoke up and they're doing ok. I would guess the more likely scenario is there's been a change in offensive philosophy to move away from him being the focal point, not for political reasons but for playoff success reasons. that, combined with him missing 3/4 of the season so far has been disastrous. personally, I want off this ride.

1 minute ago, TennisDude said:

Can I buy your optimism? Dude never scored below 18 fantasy points last season and this season in 3 games, he has none above 10.1, with 2 below 5 points. He's become straight trash.

With how many players lost to injury this year a first round pick on the field is a victory in itself. Despite the drama MT is a talented wr and if Brees is really trying to go out on a high note MT will have to be involved.I understand the hate but if you are playoff bound in your league I wouldnt be worried

2 minutes ago, yossarian said:

i mean...you might have a point. 

honestly though others on the team also spoke up and they're doing ok. I would guess the more likely scenario is there's been a change in offensive philosophy to move away from him being the focal point, not for political reasons but for playoff success reasons. that, combined with him missing 3/4 of the season so far has been disastrous. personally, I want off this ride.

Those others were defensive players though. Not much he could do about that. But the guy he purposely pushed to break records for literally punted him under a yellow bus. Brees obviously apologized, but in his heart we all know he honors his grandfather who fought in WW2 most. Regardless, if Brees is out, this isn't going to get better. Winston is only adept at the long ball and that's not Thomas's game. This could be a sad and lonely long ride to the end.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TennisDude said:

Those others were defensive players though. Not much he could do about that. But the guy he purposely pushed to break records for literally punted him under a yellow bus. Brees obviously apologized, but in his heart we all know he honors his grandfather who fought in WW2 most. Regardless, if Brees is out, this isn't going to get better. Winston is only adept at the long ball and that's not Thomas's game. This could be a sad and lonely long ride to the end.

Yeah, Brees didn't seem too concerned when Thomas was suspended for fighting with a teammate. 

11 minutes ago, TennisDude said:

Only adept at the long ball? I remember a certain slot WR last year on the Bucs who is basically the same size/weight as Thomas just not as good doing pretty well. 

18 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Only adept at the long ball? I remember a certain slot WR last year on the Bucs who is basically the same size/weight as Thomas just not as good doing pretty well. 

If you're trying to compare another player to Slant Boy, all I have to say is how dare you.

Not a bust yet? Week 11 coming. Injuries, bad behavior and just nonsense. Plus, Brees isn't throwing to this guy. It absolutely has to do with the fact that MT offended him. Why wouldn't he take it personally? Went out of his way to get someone into the record books, and then he calls me out? Anyone would take that personally. They obviously don't really need MT to win. Saints are stuck with him....just like I am. Bust city.

22 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

If you're trying to compare another player to Slant Boy, all I have to say is how dare you.

I think it's a fair comparison.

Godwin and Thomas are very similar players. Godwin had 1300 yards  9 touchdowns with 121 catches last season with Winston. I could see Thomas having good games, but he's definitely moving to my flex next week.

1 hour ago, rookieadrian said:

With how many players lost to injury this year a first round pick on the field is a victory in itself. Despite the drama MT is a talented wr and if Brees is really trying to go out on a high note MT will have to be involved.I understand the hate but if you are playoff bound in your league I wouldnt be worried

Great take, but I think the chemistry is off, and I think he is still hobbled from his injuries - lacks the explosive athleticism that made him elite.

Just traded for him. Thought I got a steal lol. My take is this guy hasn’t played in a while. Brees didn’t play half the game. The whole second half they were basically just bleeding the clock running the ball. I wouldn’t hit the panic button yet. He plays Atlanta twice and then the chiefs and Vikings week 15 and 16. He should turn it around. Talent doesn’t just disappear at his age.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Just traded for him. Thought I got a steal lol. My take is this guy hasn’t played in a while. Brees didn’t play half the game. The whole second half they were basically just bleeding the clock running the ball. I wouldn’t hit the panic button yet. He plays Atlanta twice and then the chiefs and Vikings week 15 and 16. He should turn it around. Talent doesn’t just disappear at his age.

No but when the targets arent there and you only run routes with hardly any upside and dont get redzone targets til late, it may be too little too late. Its one thing if its week 6 and this is happening, right now he is costing you weeks

1 minute ago, JacobThunder15 said:

No but when the targets arent there and you only run routes with hardly any upside and dont get redzone targets til late, it may be too little too late. Its one thing if its week 6 and this is happening, right now he is costing you weeks

He is but what Im saying is the guy missed half the season and is coming off injuries. It takes some time to get back to game speed. I’ll panic next week if he doesn’t produce against Atlanta.

1 minute ago, StevenSC400 said:

He is but what Im saying is the guy missed half the season and is coming off injuries. It takes some time to get back to game speed. I’ll panic next week if he doesn’t produce against Atlanta.

What Im saying, if you have a guy who is producing every week. Higgins, Claypool, Diggs, K allen, any guy with targets and upside really its not a set and forget. Everyone is up for debate even if his name speaks volume off what he did last season

The overreaction here is a little absurd. The entire Saints offense looked like a dumpster fire in the second half.

Thomas is still an elite talent. He produced well last year with Bridgewater. He will do just fine with Winston as well. ATL x2 coming up... he will be fine.