Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Michael Thomas 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, rasrar said:

The overreaction here is a little absurd. The entire Saints offense looked like a dumpster fire in the second half.

 

Thomas is still an elite talent. He produced well last year with Bridgewater. He will do just fine with Winston as well. ATL x2 coming up... he will be fine.

The offense went through him last year, it doesnt this year. He is also coming off injury, im sure he will get in a groove, but if you need wins now I wouldn't hesitate to bench someone who is seeing more volume

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Damn. You got it like that huh. I don’t think I know 1 surgeon, let alone multiples. What the heck are you doing here with us peasants. 

And F Sean Payton for having him out there when the game was decided and all the other backups were in.  

How it started: How it’s going:

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, rasrar said:

The overreaction here is a little absurd. The entire Saints offense looked like a dumpster fire in the second half.

 

Thomas is still an elite talent. He produced well last year with Bridgewater. He will do just fine with Winston as well. ATL x2 coming up... he will be fine.

MT is a big reason alot of FF teams are not in the playoffs. Who cares if he starts to produce now. Its to late. Hes a BUST

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JacobThunder15 said:

The offense went through him last year, it doesnt this year. He is also coming off injury, im sure he will get in a groove, but if you need wins now I wouldn't hesitate to bench someone who is seeing more volume


If you’re not playing him against Atlanta next week, you’re never gonna play him.

There is also little evidence that the injury is holding him back in any way.

He was targeted 7 times, most of of any pass catcher. He will continue to be heavily targeted. The Saints offense only threw the ball 23 times today, and his overall performance can be chalked up to that and a lack of chemistry with Winston.

Give him a whole week of full practice with Jameis. Give him an absolute smash spot against Atlanta and he will do well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rasrar said:


If you’re not playing him against Atlanta next week, you’re never gonna play him.

There is also little evidence that the injury is holding him back in any way.

He was targeted 7 times, most of of any pass catcher. He will continue to be heavily targeted. The Saints offense only threw the ball 23 times today, and his overall performance can be chalked up to that and a lack of chemistry with Winston.

Give him a whole week of full practice with Jameis. Give him an absolute smash spot against Atlanta and he will do well.

The targets, but what kind of routes he takes and his ability to do anything after the catch is important. It wont matter if he is targeted 7 times all for 2-5 yds a carry and hope Kamara leads them to the redzone. I dont doubt he will get it going, but his explosiveness is not what it was last year and I think Payton knows that otherwise it would be similar style of offense of last yr

Link to post
Share on other sites

Atlanta game is a barometer game for MT. It's going to Jameis for the next several week, so if Thomas can't produce against the Falcons, he's no longer a guy you can trust. 

I'd say at least 8 targets, 6 receptions, and some looks in the red zone. If he gets another 5 for 50 type game, he's basically a high floor WR3. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/30/2020 at 3:35 PM, ajs723 said:

He had 3 receptions in a game where Brees completed 18 passes and no receiver on the Saints had more than.... 3 receptions. 

That one weird game is not the problem. The injuries are the problem. 

 

On 10/30/2020 at 3:26 PM, ajs723 said:

Okay... I don't call players who get injured busts, but if it helps you. 

He'll be elite again once he gets back out there. 

 

sup bro?

 

really setting the world on fire since his return. 

BUST 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2020 at 11:50 PM, rasrar said:


If you’re not playing him against Atlanta next week, you’re never gonna play him.

There is also little evidence that the injury is holding him back in any way.

He was targeted 7 times, most of of any pass catcher. He will continue to be heavily targeted. The Saints offense only threw the ball 23 times today, and his overall performance can be chalked up to that and a lack of chemistry with Winston.

Give him a whole week of full practice with Jameis. Give him an absolute smash spot against Atlanta and he will do well.



Agreed. You have to keep playing MT since he has the skill and ability to put up 18+ fantasy points per game. Injuries have really hampered his season but if you're an owner who traded for him and didn't have to hold Thomas all season long, this is fine.
Owners who drafted Michael Thomas are understandably mad as hell with his performance thus far. He'll start paying dividends in the playoffs (assuming you make it)

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TrillaTrilla said:

 

 

sup bro?

 

really setting the world on fire since his return. 

BUST 

One more game before I use the B word. If he doesn't put up a WR1 line against the Falcons, then you're right, and I was wrong.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, snerpy said:



Agreed. You have to keep playing MT since he has the skill and ability to put up 18+ fantasy points per game. Injuries have really hampered his season but if you're an owner who traded for him and didn't have to hold Thomas all season long, this is fine.
Owners who drafted Michael Thomas are understandably mad as hell with his performance thus far. He'll start paying dividends in the playoffs (assuming you make it)

I mean, Marvin Jones has the skill and ability to put up 18+ Fantasy points per game right now. Doesn't mean he's a must start.

Again, if MT doesn't beast against the Falcons, he should no longer be considered a must start. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ajs723 said:

I mean, Marvin Jones has the skill and ability to put up 18+ Fantasy points per game right now. Doesn't mean he's a must start.

Again, if MT doesn't beast against the Falcons, he should no longer be considered a must start. 


I would say MT is a must start on most lineups. Of course if teams are stacked and have great depth you can probably make a case to sit MT. 

Having both, I would start MT over Marvin Jones pretty much every week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, snerpy said:


I would say MT is a must start on most lineups. Of course if teams are stacked and have great depth you can probably make a case to sit MT. 

Having both, I would start MT over Marvin Jones pretty much every week.

Well, yeah, right now. If MT has another dud game, and Jones goes over 100 yards with a TD this week, then it's a discussion. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Biggest bust in Fantasy Football the last 10 years at least, I’m too lazy to go back and look. The year David Johnson was selected 1st or 2nd overall and broke his hand, at least you know he is out and you can drop, clear that bench, put him on IR or whatever. You can’t do any of that for this bust. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, ginocan said:

Biggest bust in Fantasy Football the last 10 years at least, I’m too lazy to go back and look. The year David Johnson was selected 1st or 2nd overall and broke his hand, at least you know he is out and you can drop, clear that bench, put him on IR or whatever. You can’t do any of that for this bust. 

Lol are you serious, biggest bust by far was Leveon when he held out, because there was a glimmer of him returning, so you just held him all year. Injuries dont count in terms of busts. In that cases you would have 40 busts a year. 

Busts are guys who have high expectations and do NOTHING. Think juju last year, antonio brown last year, jonathan taylor slightly, etc.

Edited by nmartinez12443
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Thrill22 said:

Anyone think he'll turn this around?

This guy played two games while coming back from an injury. To add to that last game was without brees and the saints bleeding the clock for a whole half. Not having practice reps with Winston coming in etc. I mean people wait for players to turn it around all year but they give up on Thomas after two games? Lol. The logic on these boards is at times completely backwards. Should we be worried? Yes absolutely but to just count him out already is foolish. I’m firing him up against Atlanta and I have other options that some may consider better. But you don’t give up on a player that soon especially after the season he had last year.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

well...he sucked with Brees in there. now Brees is gone. maybe he won't suck? one thing we know about Winston is the dude will throw it if there's a sliver of daylight. 

who really knows? We don't know if Winston's strengths will play to his and we don't know what this offense will look like. Maybe the Saints just run the ball 75 times with Alvin and Murray and Hill? Or maybe him and Winston make an immediate connection and suddenly we have our stud back. One extra thing to keep in mind is I assume after the hit he took last week Tre'quan Smith is out this week so competition for targets will be a little more minimal.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Lol are you serious, biggest bust by far was Leveon when he held out, because there was a glimmer of him returning, so you just held him all year. Injuries dont count in terms of busts. In that cases you would have 40 busts a year. 

Busts are guys who have high expectations and do NOTHING. Think juju last year, antonio brown last year, jonathan taylor slightly, etc.

Michael Thomas literally had the greatest receiving year in the history of the NFL last year. He’s had 3 games where he could have been the teams 5th receiver this year. I’d say that’s a pretty big bust where I cannot think of another player. And Leveon sitting out was just that, he was sitting out. And from the very beginning he said he wasn’t going to play that season. It was other people saying he was bluffing. Leveon wasn’t saying he was bluffing. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

Michael Thomas literally had the greatest receiving year in the history of the NFL last year. He’s had 3 games where he could have been the teams 5th receiver this year. I’d say that’s a pretty big bust where I cannot think of another player. And Leveon sitting out was just that, he was sitting out. And from the very beginning he said he wasn’t going to play that season. It was other people saying he was bluffing. Leveon wasn’t saying he was bluffing. 

This is debatable.  He had the most receptions in one year, that I can agree with.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...