Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Michael Thomas 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

Lmao someone really said the biggest bust in the last 10 years 🤣

the lev bell hold out year was the worst. 
and to think owners would not trade him away with hopes that he would play 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Damn. You got it like that huh. I don’t think I know 1 surgeon, let alone multiples. What the heck are you doing here with us peasants. 

And F Sean Payton for having him out there when the game was decided and all the other backups were in.  

How it started: How it’s going:

Posted Images

4 hours ago, yossarian said:

Agreed. Randy Moss, Jerry Rice, Calvin Johnson, etc would all like to have a word.

Michael Thomas had 149 receptions last year. Of those 3 you listed, the next highest is Calvin Johnson at 122. Johnson had more yards that year. So I guess it depends on the parameters which matter to you most. But as far as fantasy years for receivers, Thomas's last year was definitely one of the top 3 ever period. Honestly, I actually agree that, so far, this is the worst bust I've experienced in my years of fantasy football. And I owned Leveon that dreadful season. But I knew that risk when I drafted him. He clearly said before the drafts that he absolutely wasn't playing that season for the Steelers and I listened to Rappaport or the other tool instead of Leveon himself. But this year for Thomas is 3 times as excruciating for me. Not only has he put up 3 suck games, but almost every week he practiced and then didn't play right at the end. And he punched his own teammate. I mean good lord. Shrug

Edited by TennisDude
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HOF12 said:

Lmao someone really said the biggest bust in the last 10 years 🤣

the lev bell hold out year was the worst. 
and to think owners would not trade him away with hopes that he would play 😂

 

High draft picks that don't play do suck but, those that occasionally play...and put up garbage numbers when you play them....suck more.

If Thomas keeps this up the OP is correct. If returns to his old form for the the next six games he won't be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Lol are you serious, biggest bust by far was Leveon when he held out, because there was a glimmer of him returning, so you just held him all year. Injuries dont count in terms of busts. In that cases you would have 40 busts a year. 

Busts are guys who have high expectations and do NOTHING. Think juju last year, antonio brown last year, jonathan taylor slightly, etc.


Yea I’m serious. With Bell you know he is not going to play. With Thomas every damn week is questionable. And the last 2 games he did play, he sucking a donkey penis. Yea I’m serious.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, HOF12 said:

Lmao someone really said the biggest bust in the last 10 years 🤣

the lev bell hold out year was the worst. 
and to think owners would not trade him away with hopes that he would play 😂


You had option with Bell. You can trade him away or majority did get his backup and he did performed well. But with Thomas you can’t do a damn thing the whole year. 
 

Don’t be ridiculous. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DiddleThatKitty said:

Good news is that he isn’t a bust yet.... we have the most important games still ahead of us.

Exactly, however...

If Thomas puts up low end WR3 numbers the rest of the year, I'd say he's not just in the running, but easily the biggest fantasy bust of all time. We're not talking about a hold out, retirement, or old guy falling off a cliff. We're talking about a Hall of Fame, best of his generation player, right in his prime, becoming  a JAG. We've never seen anything like this. 

Edited by ajs723
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TennisDude said:

Michael Thomas had 149 receptions last year. Of those 3 you listed, the next highest is Calvin Johnson at 122. Johnson had more yards that year. So I guess it depends on the parameters which matter to you most. But as far as fantasy years for receivers, Thomas's last year was definitely one of the top 3 ever period. Honestly, I actually agree that, so far, this is the worst bust I've experienced in my years of fantasy football. And I owned Leveon that dreadful season. But I knew that risk when I drafted him. He clearly said before the drafts that he absolutely wasn't playing that season for the Steelers and I listened to Rappaport or the other tool instead of Leveon himself. But this year for Thomas is 3 times as excruciating for me. Not only has he put up 3 suck games, but almost every week he practiced and then didn't play right at the end. And he punched his own teammate. I mean good lord. Shrug

Randy Moss caught 23 touchdowns in a single season and had an ADP of like...45. I think that season belongs on the list. I'd argue it's probably more like a top 5 and how you sequence them can come down to preference or scoring or how they measure up to their competition from that season or...etc etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hill named the starting QB. 

****! *****! ********* ******** ****!

Seriously, what the hell do we do? I don't know how to start this guy, but I don't know how to bench him. Best case scenario Hill has a dumpster fire game and this is a one and done thing. Otherwise, it might all be over for MT. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Benching him this week.  Playing Meyers maybe even Snead.  He’s been bad even with Brees. 
 

At least McAffrey has a handcuff and people have been able to drop Barkley.  He’s been One of the worst first round picks I’ve ever had the pleasure of making.  If not the worst.  I’ve been playing since 1995.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, snerpy said:

[...]

How's it looking for MT this week? Will Taysom throw short passes to slant boy or are we looking at another 5pt game.

I was feeling ok with Winston at QB but, I'm feeling a quite nervous about MT's production with Hill at QB.  It's hard to bench him (for me that is) [...]

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Kilo said:

Does anyone have a clue about Hill's skills as a passer?  I can't recall if I've ever seen him attempt a pass.

He has 10 completed passes his entire career, as far as i know. It's....not encouraging. I said this in the Hill thread but I can't believe the Saints are going to go with him as anything more than a "change of pace" qb as he's been used up until now (maybe higher usage) with Winston being the main QB. 

That all being said I had finally come to terms with starting him against the Falcons given their defensive failings and I was hoping maybe Winston's tendency to just throw it would lead to him getting some increased targets. This "Hill is the starting qb actually" stuff is a fly in that ointment. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I could see the Saints running the ball 35 times against Atlanta, and Hill having a line of like 12/20 passing with 150 yards and 15 carries. 

MT is borderline unstartable. Might be benching for Cooper Kupp on Monday night. This feels like a funeral.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, yossarian said:

He has 10 completed passes his entire career, as far as i know. It's....not encouraging. I said this in the Hill thread but I can't believe the Saints are going to go with him as anything more than a "change of pace" qb as he's been used up until now (maybe higher usage) with Winston being the main QB. 

That all being said I had finally come to terms with starting him against the Falcons given their defensive failings and I was hoping maybe Winston's tendency to just throw it would lead to him getting some increased targets. This "Hill is the starting qb actually" stuff is a fly in that ointment. 

 

7 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I got to say that was a great looking pass and his mechanics look pretty good. He had to show SOMETHING as a thrower for him to get that contract.  I think ATL could force the issue and have him throw more than we think. Time will tell, but no sugar coating from me this is bad news as a Thomas owner with no other options. 

Edited by nmartinez12443
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

 

I got to say that was a great looking pass and his mechanics look pretty good. He had to show SOMETHING as a thrower for him to get that contract.  I think ATL could force the issue and have him throw more than we think. Time will tell, but no sugar coating from me this is bad news as a Thomas owner with no other options. 

This guy is the biggest BUST OF ALL TIME. If you drafted him you should be required to wear a clown 🤡 outfit on Sunday's. Kids will point and laugh at you, as you are taken through the town square and ridiculed by all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...