NBC Sports Edge Forums

Michael Thomas 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Damn. You got it like that huh. I don’t think I know 1 surgeon, let alone multiples. What the heck are you doing here with us peasants. 

And F Sean Payton for having him out there when the game was decided and all the other backups were in.  

How it started: How it’s going:

Posted Images

Just now, brosephd said:

im hoping that taysom hill starting is just payton tryna be cute to throw the team off guard then switching to winston. 

Except schefter said that there are no plays for Winston and he won't be involved unless Hill is hurt. It was also reported that he took the first team reps. Plus why play mind games with a terrible ATL team and your on a 6 game win streak?

That being said it is possible and I think ATL will score forcing the issue, lets hope Ridley plays. 

1 hour ago, ajs723 said:

I could see the Saints running the ball 35 times against Atlanta, and Hill having a line of like 12/20 passing with 150 yards and 15 carries. 

MT is borderline unstartable. Might be benching for Cooper Kupp on Monday night. This feels like a funeral.

Exactly.  Their game plan is going to be even more wonky than it has been.  I'll go one futher and say I wouldn't be surprised if HIll throws for under 100 yards, even if he plays all snaps.  They are going to run, run, run.

Edited by mikeflavaz
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, mikeflavaz said:

Exactly.  Their game plan is going to be even more wonky than it has been.  I'll go one futher and say I wouldn't be surprised if HIll throws for under 100 yards, even if he plays all snaps.  They are going to run, run, run.

Which is possible IF Atl doesn't score, but I think they will forcing Hill to pass. I don't think he will be throwing bombs, but short slants and intermediates could be beneficial to Thomas and right up Hills wheelhouse. In 2019, the majority of Hills passes were to Thomas 3/7 I believe. That being said, I have no other options and it could go either way. 

16 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Which is possible IF Atl doesn't score, but I think they will forcing Hill to pass. I don't think he will be throwing bombs, but short slants and intermediates could be beneficial to Thomas and right up Hills wheelhouse. In 2019, the majority of Hills passes were to Thomas 3/7 I believe. That being said, I have no other options and it could go either way. 

I hope the game script allows Hill to throw the ball more often. Looking at his old college mixtapes, he does pretty well throwing short passes and running the ball. Probably forced to start MT this week as the other options are looking quite grim. 

Edited by snerpy

Idk I’m feeling like MT could get 12-15 targets.  ATL will be so thrown off w Taysom and Kamara running wild, if MT is the only one Hill is throwing to it could be a big day.  ATL definitely a D you could do it to.  

all the gadget plays, misdirection, running etc could open up MT all day.  Idk

This guy embodies all that sucks about fantasy football.

Supremely talented, hurt most the season, comes back to not be involved in the offense, starting QB gets hurt, 🤕. What a nightmare.

He could go off, he could bust yet again and he is almost certain to do the opposite of what you decide to do with him in your lineup. Good grief.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
10 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Except schefter said that there are no plays for Winston and he won't be involved unless Hill is hurt. It was also reported that he took the first team reps. Plus why play mind games with a terrible ATL team and your on a 6 game win streak?

That being said it is possible and I think ATL will score forcing the issue, lets hope Ridley plays. 

Hold on. You think ATL is a terrible team? Did you know since the interim coach takes over, they have been one of the hottest teams along with Minny. Even though both of their records are below .500, they have talents everywhere. 

Julio finally is healthy and still can put up 100 yards in his sleep. 

You mentioned Ridley. There is also Ryan, who I would take over any QB on that NO team. Even Brees when he is healthy this year. And isn’t Gurley like leading the NFL for rushing TDs? 

I have no inputs for Thomas this week. And not looking for a fight. But I absolutely disagree with your assessment that ATL is a terrible team. Just saying. 

• Like 3
8 hours ago, ginocan said:

Hold on. You think ATL is a terrible team? Did you know since the interim coach takes over, they have been one of the hottest teams along with Minny. Even though both of their records are below .500, they have talents everywhere. 

Julio finally is healthy and still can put up 100 yards in his sleep. 

You mentioned Ridley. There is also Ryan, who I would take over any QB on that NO team. Even Brees when he is healthy this year. And isn’t Gurley like leading the NFL for rushing TDs? 

I have no inputs for Thomas this week. And not looking for a fight. But I absolutely disagree with your assessment that ATL is a terrible team. Just saying. 

I think he meant ATL is a terrible pass defense, which they are. 2nd worst in the NFL actually.

44 minutes ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

With Taysom, With Jameis or with a Bag of potato chips. You start him!

I agree MT has a decent chance of a good game, but the guy is the 131st WR in average points per game played (so not even factoring in his missed games).

It's a small sample size sure, but six weeks of 0's and three weeks of WR10 performances (and not the WR10 but a WR10 as in you would have been better off playing a WR1/WR2/WR3/WR4/WR5/WR6/WR7/WR8/WR9 over him in those three weeks) is not what you expect from an auto-start-no-doubt player.

Edited by vercrazy
  • Like 2
8 minutes ago, vercrazy said:

I agree MT has a decent chance of a good game, but the guy is the 131st WR in average points per game played (so not even factoring in his missed games).

It's a small sample size sure, but six weeks of 0's and three weeks of WR10 performances (and not the WR10 but a WR10 as in you would have been better off playing a WR1/WR2/WR3/WR4/WR5/WR6/WR7/WR8/WR9 over him in those three weeks) is not what you expect from an auto-start-no-doubt player.

You must not play madden. Lol