NBC Sports Edge Forums

Michael Thomas 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Damn. You got it like that huh. I don’t think I know 1 surgeon, let alone multiples. What the heck are you doing here with us peasants. 

And F Sean Payton for having him out there when the game was decided and all the other backups were in.  

How it started: How it’s going:

Posted Images

You play your best players no matter what the matchup is, this is a very simple thing to realize however people think a change of qb will destroy someone’s value like Thomas 

Think of Hopkins first two years with the Texans, he had at least 4-6 QBs throwing to him and was still putting up great numbers but do you know why? Talent.

Thomas is a top 5 WR rest of the way.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

Awfully quite in here now. Looks like some people may have traded him a bit too early. This is a prime example of why you wait a few games when players come back from injury. 

It's quiet in here because most of the Michael Thomas owners are probably now out of the fantasy playoffs.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
5 minutes ago, n4sa said:

It's quiet in here because most of the Michael Thomas owners are probably now out of the fantasy playoffs.

That may be true for some but in general this has been an injury riddled season. For example I think just about every team in my league had to deal with it. I can go on and make a list but I just don’t even want to waste my time with it. At the end of the day one player especially a WR shouldn’t make or break your season unless your in a really deep league. And most of the people just kept coming in here screaming bust and leaving. Or how they traded him for peanuts and felt good about it. I don’t think they are feeling that great about it anymore.

Edited by StevenSC400
17 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

That may be true for some but in general this has been an injury riddled season. For example I think just about every team in my league had to deal with it. I can go on and make a list but I just don’t even want to waste my time with it. At the end of the day one player especially a WR shouldn’t make or break your season unless your in a really deep league. And most of the people just kept coming in here screaming bust and leaving. Or how they traded him for peanuts and felt good about it. I don’t think they are feeling that great about it anymore.

He is a bust, lol. First round pick can break your season especially if you started him the last 2 weeks and you're fighting for a playoff spot.

I wouldn't be surprised if a majority of people sat him today too, because Hill starting at QB. Just a really awful season for Michael Thomas owners.

Edited by n4sa
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, n4sa said:

He is a bust, lol. First round pick can break your season especially if you started him the last 2 weeks and you're fighting for a playoff spot.

I wouldn't be surprised if a majority of people sat him today too, because Hill starting at QB. Just a really awful season for Michael Thomas owners.

What I’m saying is there were a bunch of busts this year. Mostly everyone was affected by a player that busted or by injuries in general. One player shouldn’t make or break your team.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

What I’m saying is there were a bunch of busts this year. Mostly everyone was affected by a player that busted or by injuries in general. One player shouldn’t make or break your team.

I'm just going to firmly disagree.

You draft a player in the first round expecting high level production. He gets injured, fine, you replace him with someone else that offers significantly less production. You're probably not a complete wreck at this point. If that injured player returns and you start him 2 weeks in a row and he gives you nothing. That will absolutely break your season.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

This. WR is pretty easily replaceable too with decent production if you lose a guy.

Like I said earlier in this thread, you're out of the playoffs because of one player you probably just suck at fantasy football.

Those that held onto MT>.. congrats, he's going to absolutely rake ROS.

22 minutes ago, n4sa said:

Anyone that benched MT against the Atlanta deserves to lose.

2 hours ago, n4sa said:

This is true for me, but my big money league has a penalty for last place (me) and I've held onto this guy all season.  I think Hill is gonna get smoked out very soon, but maybe he keeps Thomas relevant in the process.

1 hour ago, rasrar said:

Anyone that benched MT against the Atlanta deserves to lose.

lol. he had 10 receptions for a hundred yards or so for the entire season coming in to this game. he was getting a new QB who had 10 completions his entire career. There were good arguments for starting him (always start your studs) and for sitting him (was he even a stud anymore? qb questions, gameplanned out of the offense). This "if you didn't start him you're stupid and deserved to lose" schtick is lame and needlessly insulting. 

Before you come back with "you didn't start him and you're just mad you lost"--I did not start him. i still won. the team I own him on is undefeated, no thanks to MT. 

I was very doubtful about Hill as a starting QB coming in to this game. Whatever ends up happening with him it's clear he has eyes for MT and will give him lots of targets. That's awesome and I'm excited to have MT back as a healthy productive WR. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, rasrar said:

This. WR is pretty easily replaceable too with decent production if you lose a guy.

Like I said earlier in this thread, you're out of the playoffs because of one player you probably just suck at fantasy football.

Those that held onto MT>.. congrats, he's going to absolutely rake ROS.

Your logic is essentially, pick your fantasy team up by its bootstraps or you suck.

This has gotta be the hottest of takes.

2 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Whats the point of holding MT for 2 months just to bench him?

I'm sure a lot of Michael Thomas owners were asking themselves that same question after his biggest stat line for the season was 5 for 50. Now he loses Brees, and Hill is named start for the game. I completely understand why someone would bench Thomas. Even for a guy like Mike Williams or Tee Higgins.

• Like 1

Makes ya wonder if Brees was pissed that MT added fuel to the fire after his statement this offseason.  I doubt it.  Still, I believe now that MT is better off without Brees for fantasy purposes.  

13 minutes ago, n4sa said:

I'm sure a lot of Michael Thomas owners were asking themselves that same question after his biggest stat line for the season was 5 for 50. Now he loses Brees, and Hill is named start for the game. I completely understand why someone would bench Thomas. Even for a guy like Mike Williams or Tee Higgins.

Like I said, you don’t bench your best guys this is fantasy 101 even in the most difficult matchups. Payton knew what he was doing and Hill showed he can truly be a NFL QB. 

Anyone who benched Thomas shouldnt be in fantasy playoffs

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Guccimonster said:

Like I said, you don’t bench your best guys this is fantasy 101 even in the most difficult matchups. Payton knew what he was doing and Hill showed he can truly be a NFL QB. 

This 100%. If you aren’t starting Thomas against the worst pass defense in the NFL, when are you ever starting him?

Benching him is just asinine unless you have 3 other top 10 WRs.

26 minutes ago, n4sa said:

Your logic is essentially, pick your fantasy team up by its bootstraps or you suck.

This has gotta be the hottest of takes.

im saying particularly at a position where it generally isn’t hard to find decent replacement production, if one player getting hurt derailed your season, then yes you probably just suck at fantasy football.

41 minutes ago, rasrar said:

This 100%. If you aren’t starting Thomas against the worst pass defense in the NFL, when are you ever starting him?

Benching him is just asinine unless you have 3 other top 10 WRs.

You were starting him the 2 weeks before where he got you nothing and now was playing with a QB that's never played a full NFL game as a starter.

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, Guccimonster said:

Fantasy 101 goes out the window 11 weeks into the season bud. Start your studs is a motto you tell yourself after you draft your players in the first half of the season. You play the players you think will get you the most points. I feel like I'm talking circles in this thread.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, n4sa said:

You were starting him the 2 weeks before where he got you nothing and now was playing with a QB that's never played a full NFL game as a starter.

Did he play Atlanta 2 weeks ago? Even last week with Winston the targets were there, but Winston was a bit erratic. The biggest takeaway from the last two weeks that I saw was that MT looked fully healthy, that's all I really needed to know to start him going forward. Did you believe that one of the most talented WRs in the league was going to just put up 4 points a game from here on out? Really.

2 minutes ago, n4sa said:

Fantasy 101 goes out the window 11 weeks into the season bud. Start your studs is a motto you tell yourself after you draft your players in the first half of the season. You play the players you think will get you the most points. I feel like I'm talking circles in this thread.

As I've maintained... unless you have 3 top 10 WRs, starting MT gave you the best chance to score points, despite the pedestrian performances the last two games. That is, if you believe one of the most talented WRs in the league that still in his mid 20s lost his talent overnight.

Anyway, it seems like neither of us are going to convince you that your approach is wrong. I'll just say the ability to forecast performances like these and to not overreact from a couple of bad performances are usually what separates people in fantasy football.

The guy has played 2 games since coming from injury and we're going to use that sample size over the years of data we have on his talent/ability. It literally makes no sense. This is offense is more or less the same personnel as last year too.

13 hours ago, n4sa said:

You always start your studs no matter what. Why would I want to bench Thomas after being hurt all season and then having two bad games in a row? I’m going to play him cause his talent alone makes him startable.

looks at zeke in Dallas, rotoworld was literally starting to call him a low end rb 2/high end 3 weeks ago and look what he does yesterday vs the Vikings with a healthy Andy Dalton. 

Always play your best players!