NBC Sports Edge Forums

Michael Thomas 2020 Outlook

On 11/30/2020 at 9:33 PM, StevenSC400 said:

Did you guys watch this game? The way the saints played it ANY WR would have had a bad game. Hill had 78 passing yards and Thomas had 50 of those! Do you want him to pass to himself? Lol. This isn’t going to happen every week. The arrow is pointing up as far as I’m concerned. Hill will hold back some of his ceiling due to his rushing Yards and TDs but it’s going to be alright until brees gets back. This is the type of game that gives me zero concern. The next two weeks are the games we should be paying attention to. 

The season is already over lol. He's a complete bust. Hopefully ya'll made it to the playoffs and have some quality receivers.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Damn. You got it like that huh. I don’t think I know 1 surgeon, let alone multiples. What the heck are you doing here with us peasants. 

And F Sean Payton for having him out there when the game was decided and all the other backups were in.  

How it started: How it’s going:

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, n4sa said:

The season is already over lol. He's a complete bust. Hopefully ya'll made it to the playoffs and have some quality receivers.

I don't know what league you are in, but mine are just hitting the meaty part. Shrug

25 minutes ago, TennisDude said:

I don't know what league you are in, but mine are just hitting the meaty part. Shrug

It's week 13 bud and Michael Thomas has had one good game all season.

14 minutes ago, n4sa said:

It's week 13 bud and Michael Thomas has had one good game all season.

Well I've got a colossal matchup this week to make the playoffs, so there's still hope for Thomas helping me out. The matchup couldn't be more juicy on paper. No defense has given up more fantasy points in total than the Falcons. None. It's indoors and Ryan will be doing his usual 50 passes a game, so plenty of offensive chances for the Saints, unlike last week's rushing grind fest in colder weather.

1 hour ago, brosephd said:
  1. only question for me is if brees will target him when he gets back. 

Before people were worried about starting him with hill. Now your worried about starting him when brees comes back. Just start the guy period lol. He’s going to get the ball. He’s the best WR by far on that team finally healthy. 

12 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Awfully quite in here. He could win people some championships down the stretch. 

I think most people who needed him to win championships are done for the season and not hanging out around here so much. He's been a huge bust and had exactly 2 good games (just yardage, no TDs), both against the Falcons, who he doesn't get to play anymore. Furthermore he's had those games with the backup QB while the starting QB seems completely uninterested in giving him any targets. 

20 minutes ago, yossarian said:

I think most people who needed him to win championships are done for the season and not hanging out around here so much. He's been a huge bust and had exactly 2 good games (just yardage, no TDs), both against the Falcons, who he doesn't get to play anymore. Furthermore he's had those games with the backup QB while the starting QB seems completely uninterested in giving him any targets. 

There isn’t enough data to validate your point. He could have not been getting that many targets with brees because he was still injured. They barely played 2 games together. He looks healthy now. And again a WR shouldn’t stop you from getting to the championship. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

There isn’t enough data to validate your point. He could have not been getting that many targets with brees because he was still injured. They barely played 2 games together. He looks healthy now. And again a WR shouldn’t stop you from getting to the championship. 

This. Anyway, I'm a MT owner that's 8-5 going into the playoffs. Let's talk about Michael Thomas' Week 14 matchup vs. Philadelphia.

How should we view him if Slay plays (got roasted by DK Metcalf and Davante Adams) and how should we view him if Slay is out?

Another thing to consider is the QB change in Philadelphia. I firmly believe that MT's role is much, much better in games where the opponent can keep it close with the Saints, or at least be a threat offensively. That is why MT had a great game against ATL x2 and a pedestrian game against DEN--because the gameplan shifted to running the ball. That said, can the Eagles keep it close to force Hill and the Saints to throw often enough to give MT a high floor volume.

Have a lot of tough decisions this coming week, and one of them is whether or not to flex MT... would love to hear some thoughts.

Thanks!

1 minute ago, rasrar said:

This. Anyway, I'm a MT owner that's 8-5 going into the playoffs. Let's talk about Michael Thomas' Week 14 matchup vs. Philadelphia.

How should we view him if Slay plays (got roasted by DK Metcalf and Davante Adams) and how should we view him if Slay is out?

Another thing to consider is the QB change in Philadelphia. I firmly believe that MT's role is much, much better in games where the opponent can keep it close with the Saints, or at least be a threat offensively. That is why MT had a great game against ATL x2 and a pedestrian game against DEN--because the gameplan shifted to running the ball. That said, can the Eagles keep it close to force Hill and the Saints to throw often enough to give MT a high floor volume.

Have a lot of tough decisions this coming week, and one of them is whether or not to flex MT... would love to hear some thoughts.

Thanks!

So as I said previously the Denver game was a complete anomaly. I think his first game vs Atlanta was where he was finally just about fully healthy. This week vs Atlanta confirmed it. To predict the game flow vs philly next week is too hard because there’s too much unknown about the QB situation etc. but I know I’m starting Thomas regardless. He looks healthy. He clearly has chemistry with hill and he has yet to score a TD on the year. You know it’s coming. Unless your team is really stacked I personally find it hard to sit him from here on out.

3 minutes ago, rasrar said:

Thanks!

Taysom looks his way almost every play, Slay can’t guard Mike 1 v 1. Throw the Denver game out of the window.

I think Mike is a rock solid start RoS, he’s finally getting healthy and was making some nice catches today. Should be a solid WR2 with upside until Drew comes back.

3 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

So as I said previously the Denver game was a complete anomaly. I think his first game vs Atlanta was where he was finally just about fully healthy. This week vs Atlanta confirmed it. To predict the game flow vs philly next week is too hard because there’s too much unknown about the QB situation etc. but I know I’m starting Thomas regardless. He looks healthy. He clearly has chemistry with hill and he has yet to score a TD on the year. You know it’s coming. Unless your team is really stacked I personally find it hard to sit him from here on out.

Agreed.  Payton even came out and said on friday they changed their game plan once a wr was named QB.  MT is healthy and a WR1 in ppr and WR1-2 in non ppr.  Biggest issue is scoring a td which he will but overall I don't think that will change much.  MT has never been a big play guy and Payton would rather run Hill, Kamara or Murrary from 15 yds and in.

6 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Agreed.  Payton even came out and said on friday they changed their game plan once a wr was named QB.  MT is healthy and a WR1 in ppr and WR1-2 in non ppr.  Biggest issue is scoring a td which he will but overall I don't think that will change much.  MT has never been a big play guy and Payton would rather run Hill, Kamara or Murrary from 15 yds and in.

The way I look at it is from his point of view this is basically just the start to his season. He’s like a yo-yo getting wound up ready to have a huge game. He’s never been a big play guy. But he’s been THE guy all last year. It’s only a matter of time. Idk if it’s going to happen vs philly because again there’s a lot of unknown about how that game flow can go. But the matchup vs KC and the Vikings I would push all my chips in that he has a great game in both of those matchups. For me he’s a High end WR2 vs philly and a WR 1 week 15 and 16. 

Edited by StevenSC400
1 minute ago, StevenSC400 said:

The way I look at it is from his point of view this is basically just the start to his season. He’s like a yo-yo getting wound up. He’s never been a big play guy. But he’s been THE guy all last year. It’s only a matter of time. Idk if it’s going to happen vs philly because again there’s a lot of unknown about how that game flow can go. But the matchup vs KC and the Vikings I would push all my chips in that he has a great game in both of those matchups. For me he’s a High end WR2 can philly and a WR 1 week 15 and 16. 

Yep.  I mean we are talking about who was considered the best WR in football going into this year.  Owners should get encouragement by the fact he has two 100 yd games with Saints backup QB.  So obvious he is the first read on most passes.

• Like 1
Just now, youngrice said:

Yep.  I mean we are talking about who was considered the best WR in football going into this year.  Owners should get encouragement by the fact he has two 100 yd games with Saints backup QB.  So obvious he is the first read on most passes.

That’s exactly what I mean. He didn’t score the TD that everyone was hoping for but he solidified his role in the offense from last year. The TDs will come. It’s only a matter of time.

3 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

That’s exactly what I mean. He didn’t score the TD that everyone was hoping for but he solidified his role in the offense from last year. The TDs will come. It’s only a matter of time.

Yeah TD's can be flukey.  Targets and catch rate are biggest thing to worry about.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, MrPositive said:

Even if Brees hates him for his comments, he's seen HIll use him well. If Brees is back in there next week, he simply has to throw to him or it's gonna look REALLY REALLY bad at this point.

Can we please drop this. Brees is like a 20 year NFL veteran, first ballot Hall of Fame QB. You really think he's going to let some offseason comments unrelated to football dictate where he throws the ball. No chance. Zero. Complete lunacy. 

MT will continue to be the top target in this offense whether it's Hill, Brees, Winston, or anyone else at QB. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ajs723 said:

Can we please drop this. Brees is like a 20 year NFL veteran, first ballot Hall of Fame QB. You really think he's going to let some offseason comments unrelated to football dictate where he throws the ball. No chance. Zero. Complete lunacy. 

MT will continue to be the top target in this offense whether it's Hill, Brees, Winston, or anyone else at QB. 

You to me that’s crazy. These guys dedicate their lives to winning championships. Even if hypothetically they aren’t the best of friends. Drew Brees is a 41 yo QB that came back only to win a second ring. He wants to be in that Peyton, Eli conversation of having two championships. If Thomas gives him the best chance to get there I highly doubt he’s going to ruin that opportunity. This is a job for them. They don’t have to be best friends off the field just like anyone else in the real world.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, StevenSC400 said:

Predicting game flow is an exercise I feel like I unfortunately have to conduct.

Don't want to derail the thread with my team, but I do have some tough decisions. My WRs are Davante, ARob, and MT. My RBs are Ekeler, Mostert, Drake, and Hunt. So I do have to really consider volume when making a decision--can't play everyone.

I would just hate if this one of those games where Hill just throws the ball 16 times like he did against Denver. What're the chances of that?

50 minutes ago, rasrar said:

Predicting game flow is an exercise I feel like I unfortunately have to conduct.

Don't want to derail the thread with my team, but I do have some tough decisions. My WRs are Davante, ARob, and MT. My RBs are Ekeler, Mostert, Drake, and Hunt. So I do have to really consider volume when making a decision--can't play everyone.

I would just hate if this one of those games where Hill just throws the ball 16 times like he did against Denver. What're the chances of that?

Well I’m not going too get to specific because it might be bumped to the AC threads but out of those options in my opinion I would have him in my line up. The 2 knowns is that the odds of another game like Denver is slim to none. Your talking about a QB that got pulled on like a 1-2 day notice from the practice squad. From what I understand he wasn’t even an NFL QB but was a college QB trying to transition to WR. Long story short that game script isn’t happening again. The other known is the philly D is generally good up front. So I think no matter what the saints will have to pass in order to win the game. I wouldn’t expect huge numbers but he would be in my line up 100% out of those options. But again that’s just my opinion. 

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Thanks 1