NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Michael Thomas 2020 Outlook

4 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Call me an optimist, but my reaction is nothing but "yaaawn". Fully expecting him to play this weekend with no limitations. Love him in this spot regardless of who is under center as well. 

i don't recall seeing any post (including mine) saying he's gonna sit, or that the sky was falling. 

it's his outlook thread - this is his current status. 

no more. 

no less. 

9 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i don't recall seeing any post (including mine) saying he's gonna sit, or that the sky was falling. 

it's his outlook thread - this is his current status. 

no more. 

no less. 

Naturally. I wasn't criticizing,  just saying I'm not worried. It's noteworthy,  but I have zero concern. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Naturally. I wasn't criticizing,  just saying I'm not worried. It's noteworthy,  but I have zero concern. 

Matthew Berry just removed him from his weekly ranks.

I'm not worried yet either, hopefully he puts in a full practice tomorrow.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, rasrar said:

Matthew Berry just removed him from his weekly ranks.

I'm not worried yet either, hopefully he puts in a full practice tomorrow.

Really need this dude to find the damn end zone. The volume is nice lately, but this is the fantasy playoffs bro, we need you to score. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Really need this dude to find the damn end zone. The volume is nice lately, but this is the fantasy playoffs bro, we need you to score. 

Agreed. 

10/100/1 would be a lot nice than 10/100/0.

Starting if he's active? I'm not worried and I imagine we will know more tomorrow... but I really don't want this to turn into a Keenan Allen situation. I didn't see or hear him aggravating his ankle last game, so I'm guessing this is just extra maintenance, but we'll see.

26 minutes ago, rasrar said:

Agreed. 

10/100/1 would be a lot nice than 10/100/0.

Starting if he's active? I'm not worried and I imagine we will know more tomorrow... but I really don't want this to turn into a Keenan Allen situation. I didn't see or hear him aggravating his ankle last game, so I'm guessing this is just extra maintenance, but we'll see.

If he's playing for the Saints, he's playing for me. I expect him to be in both lineups. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Brees is back.... rip. 

I feel like both QBs are going to play a lot. If Brees is healthy, I agree with the RW blurb that it helps Thomas, because they'll simply throw more. I'm worried that Brees is way less than 100% and Hill will still play a lot of snaps. 

Regardless, I think you have to start Thomas everywhere. 

2 minutes ago, JohnD said:

I feel like it hurts MT to be honest. It helps Kamara the most.

This narrative is silly. MT has averaged like 10 targets per game with Brees for his whole career. He's also way more likely to score a TD with Brees because of increased rushing opportunities for Hill in close. Yes, he had a couple bad games with Brees this season, but are people really arguing that Brees is bad for MT?!

Again, the issue is his health, and how much he will actually play. If he's actually 100% and will be the QB all day, this is GREAT news for Thomas. 

• Like 1