NBC Sports Edge Forums

Michael Thomas 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Damn. You got it like that huh. I don’t think I know 1 surgeon, let alone multiples. What the heck are you doing here with us peasants. 

And F Sean Payton for having him out there when the game was decided and all the other backups were in.  

How it started: How it’s going:

Posted Images

I wanted to laugh at the people suggesting a feud.........but I couldn't absolutely convince myself it doesn't exist.    I don't think there's anything to it, but its not flat earth level crazy to think there's something up there. 

7 minutes ago, BrianM said:

I wanted to laugh at the people suggesting a feud.........but I couldn't absolutely convince myself it doesn't exist.    I don't think there's anything to it, but its not flat earth level crazy to think there's something up there. 

He’s out because of an ankle injury that’s bothered him all season yet he still managed to practice all the time? If a vet has a nagging injury they usually sit out or at the minimum are limited.

Doesn't add up and the timing is just extremely weird. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

Sorry didn’t know he’s a total *****

I wasn’t criticizing you or your post, it was more of a synopsis of such a disastrous season. I felt the same way drafting him in one league and trading for him in another.

• Like 1

Guy fooled everyone. I was scared of the 2nd tier of RBs(Cook, Henry, Kamara, CEH) because they all had bust potential and thought Thomas was a way less risky way to go. That's fantasy for you. Whenever I see someone touting a strategy(no RB, RB heavy, TE early, etc) I'm always thinking naw man just pick the guys who won't suck this year

57 minutes ago, meh2 said:

I wasn’t criticizing you or your post, it was more of a synopsis of such a disastrous season. I felt the same way drafting him in one league and trading for him in another.

I know you weren’t I’m just pissed off MT is such a clown.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Evincar said:

0 catches on 4 targets lol. I guess you can guard Mike. Will this guy even be a top 10 WR off the board next season?

However much he falls - and he will fall - will dictate how much of a steal he will be for those willing to look a bit deeper than what he did in a lost season this year and not resort to parroting inane “slant boy” memes.

2 minutes ago, BMcP said:

However much he falls - and he will fall - will dictate how much of a steal he will be for those willing to look a bit deeper than what he did in a lost season this year and not resort to parroting inane “slant boy” memes.

There are definitely a lot of concerns, who's the QB for the Saints next season, his role on the offense. He might not even be with the Saints for all we know. I think he's more of a high end WR2. He would have to fall for me to consider him, especially with how deep WR has gotten.

Coming into this season he might have been the safest player in all of fantasy football, now he carries a lot of risk. Crazy how fast things change.

7 minutes ago, Evincar said:

0 catches on 4 targets lol. I guess you can guard Mike. Will this guy even be a top 10 WR off the board next season?

He had a rotten season but did you see Drew Brees Sunday? What WR is going to produce with that QB play. 

Saints should push in all the chips on Watson. Failing that they need to shoehorn Winston as their QB1. If neither of these things happen Thomas is waiver fodder imo.

Hill would not be the worst fate for Thomas - not in the slightest.  Unlike Drew, Taysom actually made it a point to pepper his best receiver with targets (maybe no bad blood between them yet?) and Thomas had his only fantasy-relevant games with Hill under center.  If he had simply put up numbers like he did in those games each week, he’d have been a staunch WR2 at the least.

6 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

He had a rotten season but did you see Drew Brees Sunday? What WR is going to produce with that QB play. 

Saints should push in all the chips on Watson. Failing that they need to shoehorn Winston as their QB1. If neither of these things happen Thomas is waiver fodder imo.

Odds are its going to be Brees or Hill as QB next season. The Saints dont have even the assets to trade for Watson but you never know with the Texans.

Not sure what will happen with Winston, he'll probably have to sign another 1 year deal as a backup.

1 minute ago, Evincar said:

Odds are its going to be Brees or Hill as QB next season. The Saints dont have even the assets to trade for Watson but you never know with the Texans.

Not sure what will happen with Winston, he'll probably have to sign another 1 year deal as a backup.

If that's the scenario Thomas is DND AFAIC as stated. "The word" (which of course this early is pretty much worthless) is Brees is done and he's ready to make millions sitting and calling games on TV. 

As bad as Brees was this year if the Saints let Winston go that says a lot about Winston (and most of us already suspect what is being said).

I’ll take him next year with Taysom as a low end WR1. If he falls out of the first round I think he provides value. Who are the consensus picks over him, Adams, hill, hopkins, Metcalf, diggs. Anyone I’m forgetting?