NBC Sports Edge Forums

Michael Thomas 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Damn. You got it like that huh. I don’t think I know 1 surgeon, let alone multiples. What the heck are you doing here with us peasants. 

And F Sean Payton for having him out there when the game was decided and all the other backups were in.  

How it started: How it’s going:

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Heizz said:

Is Tre’ Smith the add?

16 minutes ago, Breesus said:

Smith may have a decent line once or twice, but I expect the offense to shift to a more grind it out like when Teddy was starting last year. Sanders Cook Kamara & Murray get a bump, I wouldn’t expect any fantasy relevance from anyone else 

Going back to August 27th Brees said the following

Speaking in a Thursday radio interview, Drew Brees predicted a breakout season for third-year WR Tre'Quan Smith.

“Tre’Quan Smith is a guy who I think is ready to really blossom and just explode in this offense," was Brees' full quote. Brees' words come five days after coach Sean Payton hinted at a bigger role for Smith after his lost 2019. Emmanuel Sanders' addition will make it tough for Smith to have a re-draft impact, but Dynasty league players should hold on for one more year if they can spare the roster spot. 

Aug 27, 2020, 6:34 PM ET
2 minutes ago, Fabrini said:

Speaking in a Thursday radio interview, Drew Brees predicted a breakout season for third-year WR Tre'Quan Smith.

“Tre’Quan Smith is a guy who I think is ready to really blossom and just explode in this offense," was Brees' full quote. Brees' words come five days after coach Sean Payton hinted at a bigger role for Smith after his lost 2019. Emmanuel Sanders' addition will make it tough for Smith to have a re-draft impact, but Dynasty league players should hold on for one more year if they can spare the roster spot. 

Quan is garbage that’s Drew being nice. I hope he proves me wrong in his 3rd year though. 

Edited by affliction
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Fabrini said:

Yeah I’ve seen the quote haha, I’ve just seen Smith over the years and I know Drew has gotten older, I think Drew will spread the all out a lot and Payton will try to run the ball more like we did with Teddy B last year. I think the MT injury helps Sanders and Murray more than anyone.

Just my opinion, if you own Thomas I don’t blame you for throwing a dart at Tre’Quan

Edited by Breesus
5 minutes ago, Breesus said:

Yeah I’ve seen the quote haha, I’ve just seen Smith over the years and I know Drew has gotten older, I think Drew will spread the all out a lot and Payton will try to run the ball more like we did with Teddy B last year. I think the MT injury helps Sanders and Murray more than anyone.

Just my opinion, if you own Thomas I don’t blame you for throwing a dart at Tre’Quan

Actually I own Brees and Smith,our benches are quite deep in my 12 man league and Smith is my #6 WR

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

Trading an injured first rounder for an injured fifth rounder? No not a good idea lol.

So what do we throw at the Thomas owner? A 4th rounder? Thomas could come back healthy, but this could be a long process and not see him til the 2nd half of the season at 75%

Just now, JacobThunder15 said:

So what do we throw at the Thomas owner? A 4th rounder? Thomas could come back healthy, but this could be a long process and not see him til the 2nd half of the season at 75%

I offered Tyler Lockett this morning and it was rejected. 

Just now, JacobThunder15 said:

Well thats just another owner being ignorant because Lockett is going to be great this season. Guess its just a hard pill to swallow for guys who drafted him their first pick

Yep I thought it was a good offer and in retrospect I'm glad the other guy rejected it. 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Well thats just another owner being ignorant because Lockett is going to be great this season. Guess its just a hard pill to swallow for guys who drafted him their first pick

I don't get why he is ignorant? Maybe he is willing to wait out the injury, just like the person who trades for him would have to do. It is a good offer, but that offer is being made because even hurt people are valuing Thomas highly.

We literally just had a reboot of our dynasty league last week - I have Thomas on that roster.  15 min after the news,tonight, I got an offer of Golladay & A Rob for Thomas - I turned it down.

Quite a large difference between being reactionary in seasonal leagues & NOT being reactionary in dynasty leagues.

Be patient Thomas dynasty owners.....

Edited by IlliniGuy76
9 minutes ago, kwelch said:

I don't get why he is ignorant? Maybe he is willing to wait out the injury, just like the person who trades for him would have to do. It is a good offer, but that offer is being made because even hurt people are valuing Thomas highly.

Waiting out a high ankle sprain does not really exist. Thomas wont be back to his 100% status til at least week 6 and by then theres tons of upside to Lockett that is in the unknown. You can value Thomas highly, but its not like he is getting a bad player in return

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

We literally just had a reboot of our dynasty league last week - I have Thomas on that roster.  15 min after the news,tonight, I got an offer of Golladay & A Rob for Thomas - I turned it down.

Be patient Thomas dynasty owners.....

you turned down a hurt player and a guy who is not happy with his team right now. Theres more than one reason this trade was not the best option for you, but for many other Thomas owners a trade isnt the worst thing in the world

2 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

you turned down a hurt player and a guy who is not happy with his team right now. Theres more than one reason this trade was not the best option for you, but for many other Thomas owners a trade isnt the worst thing in the world

In dynasty leagues trading Thomas right now - unless you're getting fair value back in return - is a terrible managerial move.

1 hour ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Waiting out a high ankle sprain does not really exist. Thomas wont be back to his 100% status til at least week 6 and by then theres tons of upside to Lockett that is in the unknown. You can value Thomas highly, but its not like he is getting a bad player in return

So if the person who said no is ignorant, is the person trying to get Thomas the same? I am really just asking.