NBC Sports Edge Forums

Robert Woods 2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, gotamancrushontombrady said:

I wonder who was covering DJ last week?  I think bears use shadow coverage, so of attention was shifted away from DJ that’s doesn’t bode well for Woods, only Kupp.

Bears fan here. They don't shadow. Both Kyle Fuller and Jaylon Johnson (rookie) stick to their side. The Panthers picked on whoever Johnson was covering last week. Prior to last week, Johnson had been playing extremely well, so I'm curious to see how he rebounds. 

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My other WR2’s are Diggs and Moore. Diggs has Ramsey and Moore has Bridgewater. 

Kupp played 82% of the snaps last week. Same numbers as woods.    edit- just double checked it’s woods at 84% and kupp at 85% last week. The real issue is that formation bumps kupp outside of t

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Tomei7 said:

Don’t like this matchup at all, Trees is riding pine for me

1 hour ago, Prezkot said:

Fir real.

36 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Oa-k

Some reddit level sh*t right there haha!

• Haha 2

Isn't this guy supposed to be a low WR1 during drafts.

He even went ahead of Ridley in some drafts. Lot of WRs drafted after him are balling - K Allen, S Diggs, T Boyd, etc.

There are around 10 waiver picks that are doing better than him.

The last few games have destroyed his trade value.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, zen25 said:

Isn't this guy supposed to be a low WR1 

He's always been more of a WR2 to me but yeah a lot of people think he's WR1-ish. He is as times. This feels somewhat commonplace for what he does. He's currently 20th at WR. He will likely perform slightly better then what he has so far and some others will drop off a bit and he'll finish like 15th. I feel like everyone always wants him before the season every year and then a lot of people sour on him and there's a reason...it's just not all that exciting lol. You look back at the end of the year and realize he was a lot better then you thought. 

Edited by Benjamin1984
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

He's always been more of a WR2 to me but yeah a lot of people think he's WR1-ish. He is as times. This feels somewhat commonplace for what he does. He's currently 20th at WR. He will likely perform slightly better then what he has so far and some others will drop off a bit and he'll finish like 15th. I feel like everyone always wants him before the season every year and then a lot of people sour on him and there's a reason...it's just not all that exciting lol. You look back at the end of the year and realize he was a lot better then you thought. 

👆 this is exactly what’s it’s like

2 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

As I've said in the Kupp thread, don't panic. Buy low if you can.

Yep. I've pretty much stopped drafting him entirely I will say. I just trade for him if I want him. He isn’t exciting for a lot of people and he really doesn't have the name brand of the other WRs in his range. Unless it's a serious Robert Woods truther in the league that has him, he's usually fairly easy to get.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

Yep. I've pretty much stopped drafting him entirely I will say. I just trade for him if I want him. He isn’t exciting for a lot of people and he really doesn't have the name brand of the other WRs in his range. Unless it's a serious Robert Woods truther in the league that has him, he's usually fairly easy to get.

This right here. You look up WR2 in the fantasy dictionary and you find:

Woods.jpg

Edited by Silent-Trader
  • Haha 4

Thanks, Trees! Anyway, buying into Bobby depends on how you see the game scripts going. In a game where they’re ahead or even competitive games, this team is still run-first and conservative. In an ideal game script today, he still “only” managed 8 targets compared to Kupp’s 21. To me, he’s a sell-high due to the inevitable touchdown regression.