NBC Sports Edge Forums

Robert Woods 2020 Outlook

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My other WR2’s are Diggs and Moore. Diggs has Ramsey and Moore has Bridgewater. 

Kupp played 82% of the snaps last week. Same numbers as woods.    edit- just double checked it’s woods at 84% and kupp at 85% last week. The real issue is that formation bumps kupp outside of t

Posted Images

2 hours ago, varock said:

Thanks, Trees! Anyway, buying into Bobby depends on how you see the game scripts going. In a game where they’re ahead or even competitive games, this team is still run-first and conservative. In an ideal game script today, he still “only” managed 8 targets compared to Kupp’s 21. To me, he’s a sell-high due to the inevitable touchdown regression. 

Kupp gets more targets but he isn’t a goal line threat. Woods also gets the deep balls and end around runs that he’s already scored twice on. They don’t even have any RBs that are goal line monsters that’s why they run that same play with woods every game. This is one of those years where he will finally have a high TD total that we should keep riding. Targets aren’t everything in fantasy football. 

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 3
15 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Kupp gets more targets but he isn’t a goal line threat. Woods also gets the deep balls and end around runs that he’s already scored twice on. They don’t even have any RBs that are goal line monsters that’s why they run that same play with woods every game. This is one of those years where he will finally have a high TD total that we should keep riding. Targets aren’t everything in fantasy football. 

Kupp is a YAC monster. Bobby Trees is smoooth like butta. I do think that he will have some TD regression tho. Kupp is no slouch in the redzone either, he's just dropped a few this year & Goff seems to have inconsistent chemistry with him

46 minutes ago, yung_fetty said:

Kupp is a YAC monster. Bobby Trees is smoooth like butta. I do think that he will have some TD regression tho. Kupp is no slouch in the redzone either, he's just dropped a few this year & Goff seems to have inconsistent chemistry with him

Yeah what I mean is they don’t target kupp on fades in the red zone like for example how Brady does with Evans etc. They don’t really have anyone on the team that’s a red zone threat. If anything woods is that guy. He can run that end around which he’s done twice already to add to his normal route running. It’s just a nice added bonus. Already two rushing TDs halfway through the season.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, fbi314159 said:

Low/mid RB3 would be my guess.  Fournette/RoJo range.  

Crazy talk...easily worth an RB2.

Woods currently ranked 10th in 0.5 PPR setting.  No one seems to "want" him because he's not a sexy pick but that has been argued over and over.  You will truly never receive fair value for him so keep and reap the rewards.  The guy keeps producing based on his limited usage and the uptick in TDs has been most welcomed.  We knew last year's low TD #s was a fluke but I also don't think people could predict this type of TD production uptick.

• Like 1

I’d definitely hold onto Woods.

Really like the position the Rams are playing from ROS. 5-3 but third in their division. They should easily make playoffs with the expanded format, but you know McVay is going to be fighting for seeding right up until Week 17. I see a lot of potential for fantasy production, and Woods has really only had 2 maybe 3 bad games all season.

Also like the matchups against the Jets and Seahawks in the fantasy semifinals and finals.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

If you have to ask this question while they face the Seahawks' secondary, I don't know what to tell you 😎

I meant if he's going to be the nr.1 RW since the injury of Kupp. Anyways, he should have a lot of points you mean? I understand.

Edited by BennyStocks
1 hour ago, BennyStocks said:

I meant if he's going to be the nr.1 RW since the injury of Kupp. Anyways, he should have a lot of points you mean? I understand.

Woods/Kupp are going up against the worst secondary that is on a historic pace to beat the most yards given up in a season.  So yes, I think both guys are set up for a nice Sunday.

50 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Woods/Kupp are going up against the worst secondary that is on a historic pace to beat the most yards given up in a season.  So yes, I think both guys are set up for a nice Sunday.

I don't understand.... so should I start him?

• Haha 1
On 10/12/2020 at 6:56 AM, Mr_Baller said:

Every week the same here.

7 points: Inconstancy! Kupp is a problem! Goff is not good enough to feed so many mouths.

15 points: What a stud. He looked good. Set and forget WR2 all day.

We're back at it

But now Kupp is not the problem but the heavy running game

Edited by Mr_Baller
12 hours ago, smeeze said:

Thoughts this week against a tough Tampa D? Don't feel great about it.

Was going to ask the same thing.

Looks like Woods will get Carlton Davis who has been very solid this season and add in Goff who usually struggles against a good pass rush and I am not liking this match-up one bit.

Woods seems to have better road splits though if there’s any merit in that.