NBC Sports Edge Forums

Robert Woods 2020 Outlook

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My other WR2’s are Diggs and Moore. Diggs has Ramsey and Moore has Bridgewater. 

Kupp played 82% of the snaps last week. Same numbers as woods.    edit- just double checked it’s woods at 84% and kupp at 85% last week. The real issue is that formation bumps kupp outside of t

Posted Images

1 hour ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Tough Thursday matchup. I think you generally have to start him but I will be benching to play Diontae Johnson this week.

Can't say I blame you. Woods has a better catch rate, but DJ just gets so many targets that the volume and not playing in a short week would be too much to overlook for me. Good luck yo!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

🌲 cat gets no cotdamn respect ... i expect a very productive evening - see ya here later 🌲

pst0385bobross_grande.jpg?v=1539795661

Well, that went the way I feared......

He’s ranked as a borderline wr1, but I’m concerned gamescript will be like last week with the Rams relying on the run and playing lights out defense. Essentially he’ll have 1/2 the game to accumulate stats... someone talk me out of benching him? 🙁

8 minutes ago, willwc said:

He’s ranked as a borderline wr1, but I’m concerned gamescript will be like last week with the Rams relying on the run and playing lights out defense. Essentially he’ll have 1/2 the game to accumulate stats... someone talk me out of benching him? 🙁

... and he sat with a thigh injury yesterday - 

now, it certainly doesn't seem to be too worrisome, but ... coupled with the potential gamescript, who's to say they don't yank him early to get ready for @the Seahags next week, where he'll be needed in tip-top shape for that NFC West Division title battle 🤔

it's legit concern ... no disrespect to ol' Trees here, but McVay has bigger fish to fry than the cotdamn J-E-T-S!JETSJETSJETS!!1!

6 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... and he sat with a thigh injury yesterday - 

now, it certainly doesn't seem to be too worrisome, but ... coupled with the potential gamescript, who's to say they don't yank him early to get ready for @the Seahags next week, where he'll be needed in tip-top shape for that NFC West Division title battle 🤔

it's legit concern ... no disrespect to ol' Trees here, but McVay has bigger fish to fry than the cotdamn J-E-T-S!JETSJETSJETS!!1!

This all plays into me benching him this week. It's a gamble but after seeing what happened last week and now a bit of an injury concern. I'm setting him for Aiyuk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
21 minutes ago, AnchorDown said:

29.9% target share in their past 4 games (that's elite). Averaging 11.5 targets, 8.5 receptions, 82 yds, .25 TDs. That's 18pts per game average. If he plays you have to play him.

Point taken. However 3 of the 4 games were competitive and when games aren't, like the Chicago & NE games, he's been disappointing. I don't think this game will be competitive. 

59 minutes ago, willwc said:

Point taken. However 3 of the 4 games were competitive and when games aren't, like the Chicago & NE games, he's been disappointing. I don't think this game will be competitive. 

If we expect a blowout the points have to come from somewhere. The Jets have played very few competitive games this year and yet they are 6th worst against opposing WRs, so clearly points are being scored by WRs in non-competitive games against the Jets. 

You can do mental gymnastics on any player to justify why they won’t perform in a given week, but most teams shouldn’t even be considering sitting Woods, a top 14 option at worst, in the fantasy playoffs given his recent production and role on the team. 

Edited by AnchorDown
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, AnchorDown said:

If we expect a blowout the points have to come from somewhere. The Jets have played very few competitive games this year and yet they are 6th worst against opposing WRs, so clearly points are being scored by WRs in non-competitive games against the Jets. 

You can do mental gymnastics on any player to justify why they won’t perform in a given week, but most teams shouldn’t even be considering sitting Woods, a top 14 option at worst, in the fantasy playoffs given his recent production and role on the team. 

BINGO. Surprises me that people still fail to see that.

He was limited in practice today but also of concern:

Rams coach Sean McVay said the team had a positive COVID test come in Thursday, and that the team is working with the NFL through the protocol. Per McVay, the Rams have identified five players who could be affected by the situation, including OL Bobby Evans, OL Brian Allen, OLB Ogbonnia Okronkwo, OLB Justin Hollins and S Nick Scott. The Rams have not officially placed any player on the reserve/COVID list.

47 minutes ago, Jubanton said:

He was limited in practice today but also of concern:

Rams coach Sean McVay said the team had a positive COVID test come in Thursday, and that the team is working with the NFL through the protocol. Per McVay, the Rams have identified five players who could be affected by the situation, including OL Bobby Evans, OL Brian Allen, OLB Ogbonnia Okronkwo, OLB Justin Hollins and S Nick Scott. The Rams have not officially placed any player on the reserve/COVID list.

This is great news. Gives the Jets a smidge of hope to try and keep it competitive meaning more plays and targets for Woods! ...or Kupp :(

Regret the Keenan fiasco, but feel more confident playing woods. Limited Thurs, hoping for full Friday. Ride or Die😓

Edited by mjb