Dalvin Cook 2020 Outlook

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Off the top of your head

Nothing wrong with not being a fan of Cook. The problem is when people make posts like this completely devoid of logic. You're mainly knocking Cook because of lack of track record. Yet you imply CEH(w

Just a few snippets (for fun) to remind you to always consider your source on the boards. Cook #1 OVERALL PPR non-QB, and won players a ton of cash. Well done Dalvin.

21 minutes ago, BarbaricEric said:

Cook and Sanders are my GUYS this year. Sleep on em if you want.

I agree Sanders is a good guy to break out, but idk who is sleeping on the ECR #4 or 5 pick in the draft? The offense looks bad. If anything for Cook you should limit your expectations, he's a good back but you should be worried game script puts Mattison in that backfield more frequently if Cousins doesnt get it going

25 minutes ago, scheibler said:

Workload is concerning

The inept offense is an even bigger one for me.

They have been barely able to cross midfield outside of garbage time. I think the Diggs loss is bigger than we anticipated for this offense. Sometimes we hear that players are "better in real life than in fantasy" I think the opposite is true of a guy like Thielen, the guy is just not a difference making WR in real life. I just look at a pedestrian QB with limited weapons to throw the ball and I wonder how Dalvin Cook is going to find opportunities to consistently score. We Cook owners have ran well in the red zone and with 2 point conversions this season, but I don't think there are going to be enough scoring opportunities, and how often will a Zimmer coached defense be in garbage time? Feels like a lot fantasy dead games for the Vikings this year.

I might be in the minority but I would rather have CEH, Sanders, Jacobs types at this point strictly because of how bad this offense might be.

Edited by RepoMan
4 minutes ago, RepoMan said:

The inept offense is an even bigger one for me.

They have been barely able to cross midfield outside of garbage time. I think the Diggs loss is bigger than we anticipated for this offense. Sometimes we hear that players are "better in real life than in fantasy" I think the opposite is true of a guy like Thielen, the guy is just not a difference making WR in real life. I just look at a pedestrian QB with limited weapons to throw the ball and I wonder how Dalvin Cook is going to find opportunities to consistently score. We Cook owners have ran well in the red zone and with 2 point conversions this season, but I don't think there are going to be enough scoring opportunities, and how often will a Zimmer coached defense be in garbage time? Feels like a lot fantasy dead games for the Vikings this year.

I might be in the minority but I would rather have CEH, Sanders, Jacobs types at this point strictly because of how bad this offense might be.

I agree, especially with Mattison getting involved. I think he is a RB1 ROS but the upside isnt there if this offense looks this bad and with Anthony Barr out ROS this isnt helping the case to use him if they are down

Edited by JacobThunder15
46 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Did anyone else's heart skip a beat when he limped off momentarily? Dude is balling out. 

Correct me if I’m wrong but he’s the rb1 overall so far after 3 weeks?

1 hour ago, ponchsox said:

Did anyone else's heart skip a beat when he limped off momentarily? Dude is balling out. 

did he ever come back? I thought that was his last play of the game, don’t remember seeing him go back in.

If so, Mattison time might be upon us

Most underrated 1st round adp Player so far this year.  I got this cat at 9th overall pick which is crazy, cook is just an animal and with the emergence of Jefferson ..... watch out and get the pop corn ready.  

Safest 1st rounders this year because as long as you cuff him with mattison who is a automatic rb1 as well if cook goes down.  Can’t beat that sorry, him and Kamara are going to be the 1-2 this year for rbs

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Brye said:

Most underrated 1st round adp Player so far this year.  I got this cat at 9th overall pick which is crazy, cook is just an animal and with the emergence of Jefferson ..... watch out and get the pop corn ready.  

Safest 1st rounders this year because as long as you cuff him with mattison who is a automatic rb1 as well if cook goes down.  Can’t beat that sorry, him and Kamara are going to be the 1-2 this year for rbs

The two RB’s who fell in drafts because of injury & contract concerns are absolutely balling right now.

Go figure 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Brye said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but he’s the rb1 overall so far after 3 weeks?

Atm, no. Kamara and Jones are ahead of him, in that order. 

By the end of the season, it'll be just be Kamara, Zeke... and maybe Henry, if he rips off some 200+ yard games. 

With that said, he will be a top 3 RB with RB1 overall upside. If any when Minny goes on their inevitable mid-season run, you will start seeing silly numbers from Cooks. 150/2/5-6 catches a week numbers. What you see Kamara do the past 2 weeks, will be a weekly occurrence, whenever it comes. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, jeremyt7 said:

Any update about that hammy? I know he came back but is it nothing or is it something.

Looked like his ankle but he was back in on the last drive so it's likely nothing.  Practice reports should give some indication today if there is any reason for concern.

5 hours ago, jeremyt7 said:

Any update about that hammy? I know he came back but is it nothing or is it something.

Just now, ColoWrex said:

Looked like his ankle but he was back in on the last drive so it's likely nothing.  Practice reports should give some indication today if there is any reason for concern.

coupla folks watching the game speculated that it could've only been cramps - we'll know soon enuff. 

2 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Another round of negative tests (🙌)...but the fact that they are not back at the facility might make injury reports tough to come by for a bit?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1