NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Dalvin Cook 2020 Outlook

Boudewijn

They brought him back in as a decoy before pulling him from the game for good. He spent the rest of the game with his gear on looking antsy on the sideline. They have a week 7 bye so I can see them resting him an extra week as a precaution but I’d be surprised if it’s longer than that. 

25 minutes ago, varock said:

They brought him back in as a decoy before pulling him from the game for good. He spent the rest of the game with his gear on looking antsy on the sideline. They have a week 7 bye so I can see them resting him an extra week as a precaution but I’d be surprised if it’s longer than that. 

That wouldn't be too bad of a scenario. He's a top 3 when he's healthy. He had 19 fpts in one half of football today. Could've had a monster game. I'll take a one week absence for healthy running the ROS.

Surely he'll be held out next week.  This feels like a lost season for the Vikings anyway.  No need to take any chances with guys who can play.  (If they lose next week, Zimmer can be fired and competent management can be installed during the bye.)

2 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

This guy and Kubiak are a match made in heaven...can’t believe I faded him in every league.  Hope owners who smartly took him don’t have to go without this beast for long.

I never really paid attention to the Kubiak RB system until last year - those RB's really churn out the production under a Kubiak run scheme! It's amazing - Cook is so fun to watch

2 hours ago, squidthunder said:

Fingers crossed for a good MRI today. As a Cook owner, having Mattison has a handcuff is crucial. Hopefully a good report today, and with the bye coming up soon, we should hopefully be back Week 8 with lots of time to rest and recover. 

Yup. Hope Cook is back soon, but having Mattison to plug in for him is a no brainer. 

• Like 2

Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said the team will see how Dalvin Cook (groin) does in practice before determining his status for Week 6 against the Falcons.

"It went pretty well," Zimmer responded when asked how Cook's MRI went, "so we'll see how he does [in practice] this week." Alexander Mattison out-snapped Mike Boone 43 to 5 down the stretch and would presumably work as Minnesota's bell-cow if Cook is ruled out. Whomever receives the start against Atlanta will rank as a RB1 since the Falcons have permitted the most catches (43) and receiving scores (4) to opposing running backs this year. Cook's participation in practice this week will be worth monitoring.

Oct 12, 2020, 5:35 PM ET

I am very happy with the news of him sitting to prepare for week 8. Again, draft your obvious handcuffs to RB's who have some inkling of a history to miss games.

By the way - even after Cook gets healthy you better make a trade for Mattinson if he's not already on your team.

• Like 1