Dalvin Cook 2020 Outlook

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Off the top of your head

Nothing wrong with not being a fan of Cook. The problem is when people make posts like this completely devoid of logic. You're mainly knocking Cook because of lack of track record. Yet you imply CEH(w

Just a few snippets (for fun) to remind you to always consider your source on the boards. Cook #1 OVERALL PPR non-QB, and won players a ton of cash. Well done Dalvin.

20 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

Is that the best 2-game fantasy performance (478 yards, 6 TDs) for a RB in NFL history?    It must be.

Off the top of my head...
Jay Ajayi had 433 and 3TDs
Bryce Brown had 347 and 2TDs
CJ2K had 399 and 2TDs
Jamaal Charles had 373 and 7TDs
Le'Veon had 480 and 3TDs
Todd Gurley 456 and 6
LT had 432 and 6
but...
Doug Martin had 486 and 6TDs

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

CJ2K had 399 and 2TDs
Le'Veon had 480 and 3TDs
Todd Gurley 456 and 6
LT had 432 and 6
but...

Ah yes, the beast Jay Ajay, good stretch there for a moment

33 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

CJ2K had 399 and 2TDs
Le'Veon had 480 and 3TDs
Todd Gurley 456 and 6
LT had 432 and 6
but...

Off the top of your head :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

What a season. Special, considering he missed 2 games. 

Really hoping he does not slow down. Seems utterly ridiculous, but maybe we see a 20-25 TD season on tap? We're at 13, with 7 games left. 1.5 scores a game does not seem like an insane thing, all things considered. The Vikings literally give him the ball at every single opportunity. Mind bogglingly simple, yet effective, for the best runner in the league. 

On 8/14/2020 at 6:17 PM, PisEdiRin said:

Firmly on my Do Not Draft list.

This guy is way too risky to take in the 1st round, let alone in the Top 5.

Vikings lost Diggs. They have 2 slot receivers and no deep threat, teams will stack the box on Cook. Cook will face 8-9 in the box on a weekly basis. He won't catch a whole lot of passes. He will be very ineficient running the ball. He will get worn down and likely get hurt at some point.

Your 1st round pick cannot be a Bust. Cook has enormous Bust potential.

12 players who are wiser investments than D Cook in Round 1:

CMC

Saquon

Zeke

Kamara

Thomas

CEH

Adams

Mixon

Tyreek

Julio

Henry

Drake

I know Pis (fitting name tbh) here is unironically trolling (or ironically, who knows), but if anyone on these forums have listened to this man's calls this season across ALL positions... congratulations. You've played yourself. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
On 8/18/2020 at 7:04 AM, PisEdiRin said:

No chance of Cook being efficient without Diggs or a quality deep threat on the field. The less speed on the perimeter, the more defenses play closer to the LOS. Defenses aren't stupid - it's obvious that if you stop Cook, you stop the 2020 Vikings from doing anything. They have no other threats on offense. Then factor in the Injury risk.

Drafting a guy like Dalvin Cook in Round 1 is exactly how you lose your league on Draft Day.

People like you just still do not get it - YOUR FIRST ROUND PICK IN FANTASY CANNOT BE A BUST.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
4 hours ago, FFCollusion said:

CJ2K had 399 and 2TDs
Le'Veon had 480 and 3TDs
Todd Gurley 456 and 6
LT had 432 and 6
but...

Okkkkkay Douglas !!

Oh man, brings back memories of some truly good times. 

On 9/21/2020 at 12:23 AM, Soafanforlife said:

In both weeks, he has absolutely been one of the only bright spots in real life (not just fantasy) in the Vikings horror show. Hard to establish a rhythm as a run and pound team, when your defense is giving up the farm every single week.

.. and yet, he's still been an RB1 in every format that you're playing in. Outscored through 2 weeks the likes of: Barkley, Henry, Mixon, CEH. Depending on how Kamara and Jacobs looks tomorrow, he could still be well ahead, although those 2 had monster week 1s. 

RBs ahead of him after 2 weeks of scoring: Jones, CMC (hurt), Zeke, Mostert (hurt), Carson. He's the RB6 overall, with a floor at RB9, with a team that probably would've lost to the Jets today (looking at you Zimmer).

Once he gets back to a 25 touch week, ceiling games will be back in play. Hold strong, and cuff hard with Mattison. I think if it all shakes out well, he might outscore Kamara and end up top 3, depending on what Jones and Jacobs looks like at the end of the season. 

On 9/10/2020 at 10:13 PM, PisEdiRin said:

If you drafted Dalvin Cook over CEH in the last 2 weeks, you made a huge mistake.

I am NOT tooting my own horn. Like many other users on RW, I appreciate some good old trolling, and hot takes (lord knows I have my moments) too. They're to be expected, and part of what makes fantasy fun, esp when you're wrong and can admit it. 

What ISN'T fun is when someone is completely unironically a homer/awful fantasy player, who does not follow, or understand how talent + opportunity correlates very highly to production. There are people on these forums who thump their chest and feed you GARBAGE fantasy analysis. Stuff that if you somehow took at face value, will cost you VERY close weeks, and probably a playoff spot and league. Heed the warning, and avoid people who the community actively calls out for bad and awful takes. Last post on this matter, since I'm not going to beat a dead horse. 

In fantasy related news, if people are wondering if I'm worried about weeks 14-16: yes, I am. The Bucs, Bears and Saints are all awful matchups for the playoffs. There is a high chance that Cousins gets ransacked by those front 7s, and throw a couple of early picks. But you will not get back anything close to value in a trade (who trades THE RB1??), and you will probably get RB2 weekly numbers as a floor, given his red zone usage and pass catching role. The threat of a 60 yard bomb to the house is ALWAYS there, so hold strong, and keep the faith... 

3 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Is Cook peaking too early?  Might be wise to trade him for Kamara.

Please discuss.

I have both, I watch both week in week out. They are both incredible.  They both are the center pieces of their offense (throw out yesterday's blowout for AK). But, the one thing Cook has going for him is he's the center piece in the redzone as well. He is always the first option to score. I'm happy AK finally ended the TD drought last night, but it's clear to me they have really started to use him as a decoy because defenses SELL OUT to stop this guy when they get close to the endzone. Zimmer/Kubiak think "run it again" with Dalvin. Payton thinks "run it with Latavius, Hill, pass to Thomas, Smith, Sanders, a TE, etc. etc. Maybe it changes as teams get more tape with the Saints using other options to score, but unless I'm in a full PPR league I'm probably just keeping Dalvin.

On 11/9/2020 at 7:09 AM, Pooskay said:

Is Cook peaking too early?  Might be wise to trade him for Kamara.

Please discuss.

I have Kamara and I’m thinking of doing the opposite. I’d have to throw in a WR though in standard. If I own Cook, there’s no way I’m flipping him for Kamara straight up.

I guess PPR might be a different story, but Cook’s ROS looks a lot better than Kamara’s.

2 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

I have Kamara and I’m thinking of doing the opposite. I’d have to throw in a WR though in standard. If I own Cook, there’s no way I’m flipping him for Kamara straight up.

I guess PPR might be a different story, but Cook’s ROS looks a lot better than Kamara’s.

also MT just came back and will soak up some of those "dump down" targets from Brees.

Minny next 3 home games are cakesssssssss

Dare I say, after a 2-5 start, this team have a pretty good chance of making the playoffs. Crazy to think about it. 

Cook would be in the MVP discussion once their record is above .500 and if he can keep up the pace. 

Love what Jason said on the Fantasy Footballers podcast from yesterday:

Over the last 2 weeks, Dalvin Cook is on pace for (in a 16 game season):

2,952 rushing yards
40 rushing TDs
872 receiving yards
8 receiving TDs

Yes please.

Edited by pepperono
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, pepperono said:

Love what Jason said on the Fantasy Footballers podcast from yesterday:

Over the last 2 weeks, Dalvin Cook is on pace for (in a 16 game season):

2,952 rushing yards
40 rushing TDs
872 receiving yards
8 receiving TDs

Yes please.

And those numbers would be honey for my soul. Seriously tho this kid is straight ballin' and will, assuming health, win many leagues this year.