Dalvin Cook 2020 Outlook

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Off the top of your head

Nothing wrong with not being a fan of Cook. The problem is when people make posts like this completely devoid of logic. You're mainly knocking Cook because of lack of track record. Yet you imply CEH(w

Just a few snippets (for fun) to remind you to always consider your source on the boards. Cook #1 OVERALL PPR non-QB, and won players a ton of cash. Well done Dalvin.

1 hour ago, squidthunder said:

I'll be honest, I was considering moving him a few weeks ago cause his playoff schedule is pretty tough - but he's on his own tier right now. Got to roll with him till the end and see what happens. 

Well it is reasonable to think what he's doing is unsustainable.  But it is reasonable to also think he is still going to be a top 3-5 fantasy player ROS...  You'd have to be getting a pretty impressive haul to move a piece like Cook.

I think The Bears commit to shutting him down this week and they keep him under 20 points.  Which normally isn't something to brag about but with Dalvin that is quite the accomplishment these days.

13 minutes ago, FouLLine said:

Well it is reasonable to think what he's doing is unsustainable.  But it is reasonable to also think he is still going to be a top 3-5 fantasy player ROS...  You'd have to be getting a pretty impressive haul to move a piece like Cook.

I think The Bears commit to shutting him down this week and they keep him under 20 points.  Which normally isn't something to brag about but with Dalvin that is quite the accomplishment these days.

Bears is going to be a tough matchup for sure. Good thing with Dalvin, is that he's a capable receiver and may get some more targets vs. the Bears

14 hours ago, Jubanton said:

Better question will Cook remain healthy with this heavy usage?

With the Standard Fantasy trade deadline date approaching - are Cook owners trading for Alexander Mattison to secure his handcuff? I’m a Cook owner and I don’t have. Doesn’t it feel like the bigger the week, the more concerned you are lol

On 11/10/2020 at 2:15 PM, kp96 said:

This guy has to be the best pure runner in the league.  There's nobody as explosive.  Imagine if he were durable.

That's like the worst part of having these hard running backs. Their risk for injury simply due to running style stays high

Chicago (5-4) has won four straight over the Vikings (3-5) and is 4-0 against them since coach Matt Nagy took over in 2018.

Cook has just 86 yards on 34 carries in three career games against the Bears.

Quarterback Kirk Cousins, since joining the Vikings in 2018, is 0-3 with just three touchdown passes, two interceptions and one lost fumble against the Bears with an average of 5.5 yards per attempt.

14 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

Maybe I shouldn't complain about all his work, but 30 totes in 2 of the last 3 weeks. Hopefully he doesn't get ran into the ground.

Get the out

His worst showing of the season, but it was a tough as nails match-up. Double digit score in 5.5PPR and it would've been an even more had the 37 yarder not been called back due to holding.

Hoping for a bounce back game this week against Dallas. 

12 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

The problem is that when the Vikings face a top defense,  Bears/Bucs/Saints, they don't check down to him enough.  Its frustrating because guys like McCaffrey and Kamara are immune to good run defenses but Cook can be stifled.

If 30 plus touches and 15 PPR points is the floor, I'm cool with that. 

3 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

But that won't do when your in the playoffs.  See his schedule.  Its as bad as it gets.  

Bears and Saints weeks 15 and 16. We just saw how they plan to use him against the Bears, I assume the gameplan would be the same against the Saints. Cook is a high floor, high ceiling play in literally any matchup. 

Imagine you trade Cook for a different RB just because of his schedule and he outperforms the RB you received.

I did that years ago giving up Wilson for Luck because Luck had a better postseason schedule and Russ greatly outperformed him. Lesson learned. 

"Dance with the one who brought ya"

He had a 37 or so yard run called back last night on a very flimsy holding call against Rudolph (esp the way the officials were reffing the game)...

He is such a threat to bust big ones, even against great rush D's. Cousins was the weapons and the talent to keep teams honest enough too.