NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dalvin Cook 2020 Outlook

8 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

He had a 37 or so yard run called back last night on a very flimsy holding call against Rudolph (esp the way the officials were reffing the game)...

He is such a threat to bust big ones, even against great rush D's. Cousins was the weapons and the talent to keep teams honest enough too.

That was 100% a hold

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Off the top of your head

Nothing wrong with not being a fan of Cook. The problem is when people make posts like this completely devoid of logic. You're mainly knocking Cook because of lack of track record. Yet you imply CEH(w

Just a few snippets (for fun) to remind you to always consider your source on the boards. Cook #1 OVERALL PPR non-QB, and won players a ton of cash. Well done Dalvin.

On 8/27/2020 at 9:34 AM, PisEdiRin said:

Cook is a "Coin Flip Player" with an astronomical Bust Factor. Not worthy of a 1st round pick.

In 3 years in the NFL, Cook has had a nice little 8 game stretch to show for it, before he (predictably) tailed off completely and got hurt as usual. You're drafting him based off one 8 game stretch in 3 years.

He now enters the 2020 season after the Vikings lost their best Offensive player in Stefon Diggs, a guy whom every team had to shift their entire defense for, to Cook's benefit. The Vikings primary Deep Threat in 2020 is Olabisi Johnson, a 7th round pick.

Same script every game Cook plays in 2020: 8-9 guys in the box on every play. Zero gamebreakers on the perimeter whatsoever. A Kirk Cousins led Offense with 0 legit gamebreakers/deep threats = recipe for disaster. That entire offense is one to avoid.

Checks log through 11 weeks of football:.

Dalvin Cook: RB1 Overall. 

Adam "0 legit gamebreakers/deepthreats" Thielen: WR3 overall

Justin "The Vikings primary Deep Threat in 2020 is Olabisi Johnson" Jefferson: WR 13 overall 

😆😆😆

• Haha 5
39 minutes ago, Neptune said:

Took a wicked shot in the second quarter, I'm glad he's ok

yeah. With how violent that hit was and how much pain he looked like he was in I was already coming to terms with him missing some weeks and making that internal "well...hopefully he's just out a couple weeks and heals up and comes back as strong as ever" deal. He's a tough SOB.

• Like 1
On 11/23/2020 at 10:48 AM, Pooskay said:

As bad as Mattison was in the one week Cook was out, you still have to roster him in case Cook goes down.

Agreed.  I’ve got MSanders and Dalvin cuffed.  Haven’t done it much before this year, but feel like w those two I might need a little security.  Plus their backups really are great.  

8 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

At least Cook came back in today. Hopefully it isn't serious.

Personally Id rather we knew he was out. Youre never benching him, but this is becoming more and more of a trend and you dont want your RB1 going down with the toughest Playoff schedule as is. 

3 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Personally Id rather we knew he was out. Youre never benching him, but this is becoming more and more of a trend and you dont want your RB1 going down with the toughest Playoff schedule as is. 

As much of a stud he is, it seems he's always one play away from crushing your title dreams. Could have been much worse today. 

13 hours ago, ninersdd said:

At least Cook came back in today. Hopefully it isn't serious.

I don't think he's coming back in the game if it was serious. He might log one or two limited practices this week but I expect he's going to be good to go. 

6 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

source?

Source?  

If you’re a Cook owner, you should have already had him.

No news about him being hurt currently.  You just need him on the event Cook gets hurt again (which appears to be on a weekly basis now).

5 minutes ago, nn4mz said:

Source?  

If you’re a Cook owner, you should have already had him.

No news about him being hurt currently.  You just need him on the event Cook gets hurt again (which appears to be on a weekly basis now).

You sure about that? This is the first I've heard of this Mattison guy. Can anybody else come in here and tell us about this Mattison guy and whether or not he's the guy to have as Cook's backup? Should I have drafted him? I thought Asiata was his backup. Are we sure it's not Asiata?

/s

Edited by yossarian
  • Haha 2
44 minutes ago, yossarian said:

You sure about that? This is the first I've heard of this Mattison guy. Can anybody else come in here and tell us about this Mattison guy and whether or not he's the guy to have as Cook's backup? Should I have drafted him? I thought Asiata was his backup. Are we sure it's not Asiata?

/s

Running to grab Chester Taylor RN. 

• Haha 3
57 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

source?

There are Multiple Sources:

Owning Dalvin Cook for Dummies”

Page 1, Paragraph 1.

“A Beginner’s Guide to Owning Dalvin Cook.”

Chapter 1, Paragraph 1.

“So you Drafted Dalvin Cook! A Complete Guide.”

Section 1, Paragraph 1.