Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dalvin Cook 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Off the top of your head

Nothing wrong with not being a fan of Cook. The problem is when people make posts like this completely devoid of logic. You're mainly knocking Cook because of lack of track record. Yet you imply CEH(w

Just a few snippets (for fun) to remind you to always consider your source on the boards. Cook #1 OVERALL PPR non-QB, and won players a ton of cash. Well done Dalvin.

6 hours ago, Cleanface said:

Looks like Hicks is playing. Mack still questionable.  

I expect this to be a game where Cook is heavily involved in the screen game. They also never go away from him, so even if the Bears D is stout early, it won't be the end of the world. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mack and Hicks expected to play, starting CB and nickel CB are out ... Minnesota's TDs will probably come through the air like in Week 10.

Quote

On Saturday the Bears ruled starting corner Jaylon Johnson and reserve safety Deon Bush both out. These two defensive backs will now join nickelback Buster Skrine on the sidelines, as Skrine was listed as out yesterday.

Outside linebackers Khalil Mack (shoulder) and James Vaughters (knee), and tight end Jimmy Graham (hip) remain questionable for Chicago, and it’s expected that all three will play on Sunday.

 

https://www.windycitygridiron.com/2020/12/19/22190888/chicago-bears-injury-update-jatylon-johnson-deon-bush-out-xavier-crawford-activated-practice-squad

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

Mack and Hicks expected to play, starting CB and nickel CB are out ... Minnesota's TDs will probably come through the air like in Week 10.

 

https://www.windycitygridiron.com/2020/12/19/22190888/chicago-bears-injury-update-jatylon-johnson-deon-bush-out-xavier-crawford-activated-practice-squad

Against top tier rush defenses this year, Cook has produced:

15 points against these Bears.

19 points against the Bucs.

17 points against the Colts.

19 points against the Seahawks (not a great rush D, but a good one)

He should be fine, if not amazing, this week and next week against the Saints.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was relatively pessimistic earlier in the season about this matchup for our boy, but one of the better run stuffers in the league Malcolm Brown is out today for the Saints. The Saints have been susceptible to the run the last two games. No wonder Brown has been out for those two games. Trey Hendrickson (pass rusher) is also out. He had two sacks against Mahomes last week putting him at 12.5 for the season.

In other news, Alex Mattison is out today as well.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, USWAY said:

I was relatively pessimistic earlier in the season about this matchup for our boy, but one of the better run stuffers in the league Malcolm Brown is out today for the Saints. The Saints have been susceptible to the run the last two games. No wonder Brown has been out for those two games. Trey Hendrickson (pass rusher) is also out. He had two sacks against Mahomes last week putting him at 12.5 for the season.

In other news, Alex Mattison is out today as well.

Ham is out for the Vikings, which isn't ideal, but hopefully won't have a huge impact. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

16.5 points in championship week has to be a little disappointing for his owners.  

For those who went against Cook, it almost feels like a win.

Puzzling usage down around the goal line.  Relying on Cousins to throw it in is exactly what the Saints wanted them to do.

Looking to next year...is Cook the consensus PPR #1?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CooL said:

16.5 points in championship week has to be a little disappointing for his owners.  

For those who went against Cook, it almost feels like a win.

Puzzling usage down around the goal line.  Relying on Cousins to throw it in is exactly what the Saints wanted them to do.

Looking to next year...is Cook the consensus PPR #1?

I think CMC still has a shot to go ahead of him.  Same with Saquon although maybe with the injuries maybe not.  And I could see some drafting Kamara ahead of Cook depending on the QB situation in NO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CooL said:

16.5 points in championship week has to be a little disappointing for his owners.  

For those who went against Cook, it almost feels like a win.

Puzzling usage down around the goal line.  Relying on Cousins to throw it in is exactly what the Saints wanted them to do.

Looking to next year...is Cook the consensus PPR #1?

There is this guy from New Orleans that is supposed to be pretty good...

 

But seriously top 5 should be 

1. Cmc

2. Kamara with Brees.

3. Cook 

4. Henry (meh)

5. Possibly Barkley.

6. Possibly Zeke. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, not the finish us Cook owners were hoping for. But, he had a great season so it's kinda hard to complain. I blame the play calling and his lack of involvement today more than anything, especially with how good he looked. SMH...

IMO, he's definitely in the conversation for top 3 pick next season the way it all stands right now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree. A bit disappointing given the start. The Boone TD was just unfortunate. The end of the game was just ridiculous. Wonder why they kept him out on that last drive.

 

 

Edited by USWAY
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

But seriously top 5 should be 

1. Cmc

2. Kamara with Brees.

3. Cook 

4. Henry (meh)

5. Possibly Barkley.

6. Possibly Zeke. 

 

Good list.  Week 14-16 schedule will play a role in their rankings.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cooks points fell off last year in the fantasy playoffs as well . I’m fading on him next year , team stinks and usage is too much early on that he’s just not that effective in week 16 .  
 

it’s not his fault their line gets abused every year but as long as Rodgers is around and the bears and lurking this team isn’t going to be playing for much when you need it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RUGOO said:

Cooks points fell off last year in the fantasy playoffs as well . I’m fading on him next year , team stinks and usage is too much early on that he’s just not that effective in week 16 .

 

He just played a brutal stretch of games (the #1, #3, and #9 defenses vs RBs) and put up top 5 numbers.

You're lucky they took away downvoting posts.

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RUGOO said:

Cooks points fell off last year in the fantasy playoffs as well . I’m fading on him next year , team stinks and usage is too much early on that he’s just not that effective in week 16 .  
 

it’s not his fault their line gets abused every year but as long as Rodgers is around and the bears and lurking this team isn’t going to be playing for much when you need it.

 

Yeah, cause he missed a game and a half, of course his points would fall off.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nap Time said:

 

He just played a brutal stretch of games (the #1, #3, and #9 defenses vs RBs) and put up top 5 numbers.

You're lucky they took away downvoting posts.

 

Yeah the "not effective" part was also ridiculous. Dude was slicing up New Orleans yesterday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...