Agreed 100% 

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Off the top of your head

Nothing wrong with not being a fan of Cook. The problem is when people make posts like this completely devoid of logic. You're mainly knocking Cook because of lack of track record. Yet you imply CEH(w

Just a few snippets (for fun) to remind you to always consider your source on the boards. Cook #1 OVERALL PPR non-QB, and won players a ton of cash. Well done Dalvin.

9 minutes ago, Brye said:

Agreed 100% 

But you all still take Kamara over Cook in non-ppr?

Kamara never rushed over 900 yds in any season, and is likely to lose out of redzone opportunity with Murray and Hill. Also the knee rehab is concerning. I get that Cook has injury concerns, but i’m looking at Cook over Kamara.

Edited by whips02
  • Like 2
10 minutes ago, whips02 said:

But you all still take Kamara over Cook in non-ppr?

Kamara never rushed over 900 yds in any season, and is likely to lose out of redzone opportunity with Murray and Hill. Also the knee rehab is concerning. I get that Cook has injury concerns, but i’m looking at Cook over Kamara.

Nah only would take Kamara in ppr over cook 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Mustangt125 said:

Dalvin Cook and the Vikings break off contract talks.  Can he holdout still?

• NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Vikings RB Dalvin Cook "broke off" contract talks with the team and will focus on preparing for Week 1. 

Cook, who this week pushed back on reports that he planned to hold out in 2020, will apparently ride out the final year of his rookie deal and resume contract talks with the Vikings after the season. Barring injury, Cook is a lock to be franchise tagged in 2021. 

Aug 19, 2020, 1:31 PM ET

•  

It looks like he will focus on week 1 and resume contract talks after the season.
14 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Overall rb1 is not out of the question.  

added bonus of knowing that if you snag Mattison you're golden - ya gonna have to reach, but, to paraphrase one Clarence Worley: "i'd rather have Mattison and not need him than to need Mattison and not have him"

🚀 it ain't rocket surgery 🚀

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

Overall rb1 is not out of the question.  

It's completely out of the question.

Dalvin Cook will not even be a Top 10 RB in 2020. 

Dalvin Cook should not be a 1st Round Pick in 2020.

Drafting a Dalvin Cook in Round 1 is a prime example of how you can Lose your league on Draft Day.

DND.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
1 minute ago, PisEdiRin said:

It's completely out of the question.

Dalvin Cook will not even be a Top 10 RB in 2020. 

Dalvin Cook should not be a 1st Round Pick in 2020.

Drafting a Dalvin Cook in Round 1 is a prime example of how you can Lose your league on Draft Day.

DND.

Easy there....don’t have a stroke stroking your ego.  

regale us with your reasoning.    Cook was a top 5 rb most of 2019.    

1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

Cook is a "Coin Flip Player" with an astronomical Bust Factor. Not worthy of a 1st round pick.

In 3 years in the NFL, Cook has had a nice little 8 game stretch to show for it, before he (predictably) tailed off completely and got hurt as usual. You're drafting him based off one 8 game stretch in 3 years.

He now enters the 2020 season after the Vikings lost their best Offensive player in Stefon Diggs, a guy whom every team had to shift their entire defense for, to Cook's benefit. The Vikings primary Deep Threat in 2020 is Olabisi Johnson, a 7th round pick.

Same script every game Cook plays in 2020: 8-9 guys in the box on every play. Zero gamebreakers on the perimeter whatsoever. A Kirk Cousins led Offense with 0 legit gamebreakers/deep threats = recipe for disaster. That entire offense is one to avoid.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Cook was good in 2019 = Cook is likely to not be good in 2020.

Coin Flip Players like Dalvin Cook typically do not string together back2back strong seasons.

There's a 1st Round Bust every year and this year just screams Dalvin Cook.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, PisEdiRin said:

Cook is a "Coin Flip Player" with an astronomical Bust Factor. Not worthy of a 1st round pick.

In 3 years in the NFL, Cook has had a nice little 8 game stretch to show for it, before he (predictably) tailed off completely and got hurt as usual. You're drafting him based off one 8 game stretch in 3 years.

He now enters the 2020 season after the Vikings lost their best Offensive player in Stefon Diggs, a guy whom every team had to shift their entire defense for, to Cook's benefit. The Vikings primary Deep Threat in 2020 is Olabisi Johnson, a 7th round pick.

Same script every game Cook plays in 2020: 8-9 guys in the box on every play. Zero gamebreakers on the perimeter whatsoever. A Kirk Cousins led Offense with 0 legit gamebreakers/deep threats = recipe for disaster. That entire offense is one to avoid.

Nothing wrong with not being a fan of Cook. The problem is when people make posts like this completely devoid of logic. You're mainly knocking Cook because of lack of track record. Yet you imply CEH(who has no NFL track record) is an easy choice over him. Head scratching indeed. When I see stuff like that I just disregard the person's take, because they clearly are posting for entertainment and not useful fantasy football discussion purposes.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

They could pull fat Eddie Lacy off the sofa and insert him into kubiaks system and still likely produce rb1 #s. 

The only concern is injury

Edited by scheibler
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Top 2 ppr ppg

• Like 1

Dude is super talented, this offense is going to run through him. Injury concerns are once again an issue, but I think he is a locked and loaded top 5 RB when healthy. If you are worried about an injury, maybe you can flip him for Zeke, Saquon, etc. if he starts out strong like last year.

Look, I understand some players are more injury prone than others but at the RB position anyone can go down at literally any time. If not for injury concern Cook with be in the Barkley and CMC tier.

In half PPR over the first 10 weeks dude got over 25 points 5 times, 20 points 7 times, and  his worst game was 12.4 points.

Dude is a clear cut #4 pick IMO. No need to over think it. 

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Look, I understand some players are more injury prone than others but at the RB position anyone can go down at literally any time. If not for injury concern Cook with be in the Barkley and CMC tier.

In half PPR over the first 10 weeks dude got over 25 points 5 times, 20 points 7 times, and  his worst game was 12.4 points.

Dude is a clear cut #4 pick IMO. No need to over think it. 

Such an amazing talent & a joy to watch. Honestly he’s one of the main reasons I even made playoffs last year.

But the Mattison cuff is mandatory just to sleep soundly at night haha. Although I am slightly concerned about Diggs leaving. 

Without that deep vertical threat, DC’s across the league will try and hone in on the run game. But any dip in efficiency he should makeup in pure volume alone.

I remember plenty of 4th quarters where the Vikings were winning with a decent lead. Then they would rest Cook & give Alexander the rock, which by the way would annoy me to no end. But I don’t see that being the case this year. 

21 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Such an amazing talent & a joy to watch. Honestly he’s one of the main reasons I even made playoffs last year.

But the Mattison cuff is mandatory just to sleep soundly at night haha. Although I am slightly concerned about Diggs leaving. 

Without that deep vertical threat, DC’s across the league will try and hone in on the run game. But any dip in efficiency he should makeup in pure volume alone.

I remember plenty of 4th quarters where the Vikings were winning with a decent lead. Then they would rest Cook & give Alexander the rock, which by the way would annoy me to no end. But I don’t see that being the case this year. 

You have to cuff Cook for sure but cuffing him isn’t anything absurd like it was with Gurley where you’d have to blow a 6th round pick. Mattison has an ADP in the triple digits. Even if you have to reach just a bit you’re not really doing it to miss out on some solid player but rather more of a dart throw. Having to use a 9th or 10th round pick to cuff a back that is in the CMC/Barkley tier when healthy is 100% worth it. 

• Like 5
On 8/27/2020 at 9:36 AM, PisEdiRin said:

Cook was good in 2019 = Cook is likely to not be good in 2020.

Coin Flip Players like Dalvin Cook typically do not string together back2back strong seasons.

There's a 1st Round Bust every year and this year just screams Dalvin Cook.

that's...that's not how that works at all. not even a little bit. That's like saying that you just flipped a coin, and since it just landed "heads up" the next flip will land "tails up". The previous flip has absolutely no bearing on the next one. If you provided some sort of info about him being over-worked the previous season or that he had gone over the "400 touch" limit (he didn't, just an example) and therefore he was going to flop you'd have a leg to stand on. "He was good last season so this season he's going to be bad DND" is just a bad argument. It's not even an argument at all. it's just you continuing to post "DND" in every thread I see you in, generally with nothing to back up your statement. 

• Like 3

Kubiak offenses always produce good RBs, and this is for a head coach who wants to run like crazy. And now their defense has improved with the Ngakoue trade, game scripts should be golden. If he plays he should finish as a top five RB. The contract situation is worrisome, admittedly, but the beat writers are insistent he will play, and there’s the off-chance the Vikings decide to run him into the ground then let him go, the way the Cowboys did with Demarco Murray.

I guess what I’m saying is that while his floor has lowered of late, so has his ceiling risen. And I prefer this contract situation to Kamara’s, though I think Kamara’s is far more likely to get sorted before the start of the season.