Dalvin Cook 2020 Outlook

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Off the top of your head

Nothing wrong with not being a fan of Cook. The problem is when people make posts like this completely devoid of logic. You're mainly knocking Cook because of lack of track record. Yet you imply CEH(w

Just a few snippets (for fun) to remind you to always consider your source on the boards. Cook #1 OVERALL PPR non-QB, and won players a ton of cash. Well done Dalvin.

22 hours ago, kmoore1521 said:

seeing as Dalvin Cook played 14 games last season........................no Alexander Mattison didnt "work out" last year smh #facepalm

If you draft Cook and dont snag Mattison, you.........are a big gambler

I was trying out a free league and didn't realize there was a draft limit on RBs. So when I got around to drafting him I wasn't allowed. I agree, drafting Cook you have to get Mattison.

Edited by FitzMagic
3 minutes ago, FooserX said:

Or you just save your FAAB until Cook goes down, and you plan to outbid everyone for Mattison.That way you get to keep an extra roster spot all season until you need it.

Mattison is basically a top 2 handcuff, if not #1. He's owned everywhere unless you're in an 8 team league. I'm in a 10 team and he was drafted in the 10th/11th. 

• Like 2

We saw the inklings of a time share last year.  INKLINGS...I say.  I would not be surprised if Mattison started working himself into this offense more.  It does not make sense to only give the ball to one RB even though you have another totally acceptable, if not just as dangerous, RB on the depth chart.  It is sort of silly that they do not get Mattison in the mix....regardless....Mattison is nice to have on the roster starting Day 1...Cook has a nice injury history and we have already forgotten about it because he almost made it through the entire season last year. 

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

We saw the inklings of a time share last year.  INKLINGS...I say.  I would not be surprised if Mattison started working himself into this offense more.  It does not make sense to only give the ball to one RB even though you have another totally acceptable, if not just as dangerous, RB on the depth chart.  It is sort of silly that they do not get Mattison in the mix....regardless....Mattison is nice to have on the roster starting Day 1...Cook has a nice injury history and we have already forgotten about it because he almost made it through the entire season last year. 

Not good for FF, but absolutely makes sense in the real world. Just like Steelers saying Conner will get a break here and there with Snell and McFarland. It just makes sense to limit a player's workload when you have another strong back who can get the same production.

10 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

If you drafted Dalvin Cook over CEH in the last 2 weeks, you made a huge mistake.

Sounds good in September... We'll see once games are played and CEH inevitably hits the rookie wall especially with how Reid grinds his RBs... 

Gary Kubiak offense just might be the best offensive system for fantasy football RBs... Best RB Kubiak has had since Arian Foster and Foster averaged 1900 yds from scrimmage and 16 TD per year over a 3 year span in his prime with Kubiak.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

Sounds good in September... We'll see once games are played and CEH inevitably hits the rookie wall especially with how Reid grinds his RBs... 

Gary Kubiak offense just might be the best offensive system for fantasy football RBs... Best RB Kubiak has had since Arian Foster and Foster averaged 1900 yds from scrimmage and 16 TD per year over a 3 year span in his prime with Kubiak.

He played 15 games in college last season and didn't seem to hit a wall with 270 touches. Hunt in his rookie season got 325 touches. CEH is on pace for 400 touches, but I bet that will be dialed down a bit. I can see him handling about 300+ touches fine. With how weak the division is they won't overuse him and I'm sure he will get some rest toward the end of the season once they have the division all wrapped up. He will probably be getting about 18-20 touches a game which is plenty for him to do damage once he starts being used in the passing game.

Edited by FitzMagic

If you drafted Cook over CEH and grabbed mattison, literally zero to worry about hah Cook will be more involved in the passing game if we are basing everything off last night, and apparently CEH cant convert inside the 5 and apparently they prefer Williams on 3rd down for his pass blocking.......oh and CEH has the rest issue thing for fantasy playoff time

see knee jerk reactions can go both ways lol

• Like 2
1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

He played 15 games in college last season and didn't seem to hit a wall with 270 touches. Hunt in his rookie season got 325 touches. CEH is on pace for 400 touches, but I bet that will be dialed down a bit. I can see him handling about 300+ touches fine. With how weak the division is they won't overuse him and I'm sure he will get some rest toward the end of the season once they have the division all wrapped up. He will probably be getting about 18-20 touches a game which is plenty for him to do damage once he starts being used in the passing game.

Touches on college are nothing like NFL 😆 ... Getting hit by college LBs and secondary is nothing like the punishment you take in the NFL.

Funny you mention Hunt... After opening the season the first 5-6 weeks with a heavy workload he disappeared for about 7 straight weeks his rookie year. 

The first pass Cook catches on Sunday he will be +1 on CEH for the season. 

Cook's issue is health though.

14 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Why the heck are we posting about CEH so much in a Cook thread? 

In many threads you will find other players being mentioned that fantasy footballers had to pick between on draft day, i think its pretty normal to compare players at similar ADP's at the same position to discuss who may perform better

25 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

Touches on college are nothing like NFL 😆 ... Getting hit by college LBs and secondary is nothing like the punishment you take in the NFL.

Funny you mention Hunt... After opening the season the first 5-6 weeks with a heavy workload he disappeared for about 7 straight weeks his rookie year. 

The first pass Cook catches on Sunday he will be +1 on CEH for the season. 

Cook's issue is health though.

Never said college was the same. But playing in the SEC is the closest thing. Also, Hunt had almost 1800 all-purpose yards and 11 total TDs, and led the league in rushing. Sorry he wasn't perfect enough for ya as a rook.

Edited by FitzMagic
13 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Never said college was the same. But playing in the SEC is the closest thing. Also, Hunt had almost 1800 all-purpose yards and 11 total TDs, and led the league in rushing. Sorry he wasn't perfect enough for ya as a rook.

Not the best comparison - Hunt would have had 200+ all purpose yards on Houston last night...

33 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

In many threads you will find other players being mentioned that fantasy footballers had to pick between on draft day, i think its pretty normal to compare players at similar ADP's at the same position to discuss who may perform better

I know what you mean, but it does make rather more sense before the draft than after the season starts. If Dalvin Cook's outlook is "should have drafted CEH" it doesn't really help me all that much. I guess it's a fair discussion ./

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, 13.5 2 1st said:

Not the best comparison - Hunt would have had 200+ all purpose yards on Houston last night...

I know someone came on here talking about CEH, but not sure why you are trying to make CEH look bad. Dalvin and CEH are going to be great this year as long as they stay healthy. Sorry the rookie doesn't impress you.

Just now, FitzMagic said:

I know someone came on here talking about CEH, but not sure why you are trying to make CEH look bad. Dalvin and CEH are going to be great this year as long as they stay healthy. Sorry the rookie doesn't impress you.

I mentioned in my prior post that of course he looked solid/good. I do think there's an overreaction to it today, especially the declarations vs. Cook after Week 1.