Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Davante Adams 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whoosh

LaFleur just said he should be good to go Sunday.  

7 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

"Adams is the first player in NFL history to have six plus catches & a receiving TD in eight straight games"

... as i said in the game thread yesterday: best. in. the. biz. 

I've never seen a player be the number one receiving option in the league, AND the goal line back. The other week the Packers were first and goal near the 1, and they threw to Adams four straight times (caught a TD on 4th and goal). 

He's surpassed Mahomes and Kelce as the biggest advantage in fantasy football. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Boo Hoo.

You can't expect 20+ points every single game.

It happens.

 

I can at least expect the consensus number one fantasy WR to outscore my opponent's kicker. I bet he ends a lot of seasons for his owners that needed him this week.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He had an awful game. I counted at least three drops and a few more plays where he lost footing and it cost him more yds. 
 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GarrettHasTheClap said:

I'll never blame Davante.  He was due for a bad game. 


You can’t blame him, it’s just super unfortunate with the timing.

 

He had one real bad drop, but it would’ve only been for about 10 yards.  He missed on another couple somewhat catchable balls that were a bit longer.  They gave Adams bracket coverage on every play and let that bum Lazard run free all night. 

 

No end zone targets tonight that I can recall, and YAC was minimal.

 

This sucks, but if I’m fortunate enough to squeeze through to the ‘Ship, I know Adams will repay us next week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SkinsChargersFan said:


You can’t blame him, it’s just super unfortunate with the timing.

 

He had one real bad drop, but it would’ve only been for about 10 yards.  He missed on another couple somewhat catchable balls that were a bit longer.  They gave Adams bracket coverage on every play and let that bum Lazard run free all night. 

 

No end zone targets tonight that I can recall, and YAC was minimal.

 

This sucks, but if I’m fortunate enough to squeeze through to the ‘Ship, I know Adams will repay us next week.

Most definitely.  The whole offense will look to make a statement.  Rodgers was pissed all night. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

As a Fresno native, but unfortunately a Bears fan, I thank you. But for carrying my team thus far into this dire season. The masses are angry and disturbed, but my belief in you as the WR1 are unresolved! Thank you DA for your clean routes ran, and tons of YAC. Will definitely be taking you next year in the first round! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

As a Fresno native, but unfortunately a Bears fan, I thank you. But for carrying my team thus far into this dire season. The masses are angry and disturbed, but my belief in you as the WR1 are unresolved! Thank you DA for your clean routes ran, and tons of YAC. Will definitely be taking you next year in the first round! 

I definitely won't hold a grudge and would still happily draft him again next year, it just hurts right now watching him sink my chances at a championship this year. He'll probably bounce back nicely next week if you're one of the lucky owners that survives this week. Tennessee won't be able to stop him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't say fantasy football is all luck but there's no doubt once you hit playoffs it's primarly luck. Just how it will always be in a sport where the variable of outcomes are so large for any given player on any given day and your season is decided on a single game for each player.

I don't even own Adams and actually faced him in one matchup but this is how it is. Dude is an absolute stud it just so happened where one of his bad games came in a week where fantasy seasons are on the line.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

I definitely won't hold a grudge and would still happily draft him again next year, it just hurts right now watching him sink my chances at a championship this year. He'll probably bounce back nicely next week if you're one of the lucky owners that survives this week. Tennessee won't be able to stop him.

Watching DA ball out year after year is no shocker to me. Davante is special and watching him get the TV time he finally deserves is About damn time!

Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys crack me up with your lack of perspective. Star players don't roll out their average every week. It goes up and down like a wave.  Four things:

 

1.  He caught SEVEN balls.

2.  Game flow was terrible as this game felt like it was over at halftime.

3.  This was not a smash spot.  It was an average to above average match-up offset by the high likelihood of run game flow, which we got.

4.  NEXT week is an insane smash spot and I think Adams will deliver a big Christmas gift next week to anyone who can pull his emotions together and cobble together a winning score this week.  Buck up!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Packers are a funny team. They always seem to throw in offensive stinkers like this now and again. The Jacksonville game threatened to be another game like this for Davante but he ended up catching a late TD and salvaging

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

You guys crack me up with your lack of perspective. Star players don't roll out their average every week. It goes up and down like a wave.  Four things:

 

1.  He caught SEVEN balls.

2.  Game flow was terrible as this game felt like it was over at halftime.

3.  This was not a smash spot.  It was an average to above average match-up offset by the high likelihood of run game flow, which we got.

4.  NEXT week is an insane smash spot and I think Adams will deliver a big Christmas gift next week to anyone who can pull his emotions together and cobble together a winning score this week.  Buck up!


Not sure why we crack you up, 98% of the people in here are saying the same thing you just did.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...