Davante Adams 2020 Outlook

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whoosh

LaFleur just said he should be good to go Sunday.  

11 minutes ago, JAG_challam said:

This game definitely hurt. A lot. Hopefully those of us that rode him this far can get through this week and look for the Adams we all know and love to return to our lineups next week in the chip.

[...] On the bright side, most of us can probably attribute a lot of the success we had this year due to this guy carrying us most weeks, and for that I'm grateful. Sign me up again with a late first rounder for him next year.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story -- Nobody cares about your fantasy team.

So much whining. DA really spoiled you owners this season. He's been on an insane run but the odds of him keeping it up and blowing up EVERY week for like 3 months straight were slim. He still had a pretty solid week. If you can't survive one week without a 20+ point score from him your team straight up doesn't deserve to be in the finals.

1 minute ago, owenmills said:

So much whining. DA really spoiled you owners this season. He's been on an insane run but the odds of him keeping it up and blowing up EVERY week for like 3 months straight were slim. He still had a pretty solid week. If you can't survive one week without a 20+ point score from him your team straight up doesn't deserve to be in the finals.

This is a pretty generalized and arrogant statement. You should have a look at the stat lines from all the completed games so far this week - Adams is not the only stud to have disappointed so far, and so a lot of owners have other factors going on that you clearly aren't aware of. But sure haha

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Agree. He still netted double digit PPR points. As someone who lost Fuller I'd take that from my WRs right now.

I've been wondering for weeks "is this guy every going to lay an egg like every other player?"

WR a volatile position. It happens. If you've built a solid team around your #1 pick you should be able to make up the difference. If Adams ridiculous performance has been covering blatant gaps in the roster you haven't filled, oh well.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, JAG_challam said:

This is a pretty generalized and arrogant statement. You should have a look at the stat lines from all the completed games so far this week - Adams is not the only stud to have disappointed so far, and so a lot of owners have other factors going on that you clearly aren't aware of. But sure haha

I don't want to be aware of what's going on with everyone's fantasy teams. I don't care 🤷‍♀️

But if that's the reason for all the angst then why isn't the crying in the vent and rank thread instead of DA's thread?

22 hours ago, owenmills said:

I don't want to be aware of what's going on with everyone's fantasy teams. I don't care 🤷‍♀️

But if that's the reason for all the angst then why isn't the crying in the vent and rank thread instead of DA's thread?

If you don’t roster DA then no reason to be on this thread. If you do, then follow your own lead and keep your feelings to yourself. What exactly is the purpose of bashing DA owners which is exactly what you are doing.

This is going to sound insane... but could you make a serious case drafting this guy #1 next year? I mean due to top end RB's losing their seasons due to injury...it could very well happen again due to RBs being more prone to injury than WRs. Sign me up for locked and loaded high-end WR1 production (major understatement).

6 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

This is going to sound insane... but could you make a serious case drafting this guy #1 next year? I mean due to top end RB's losing their seasons due to injury...it could very well happen again due to RBs being more prone to injury than WRs. Sign me up for locked and loaded high-end WR1 production (major understatement).

In full PPR, definitely wouldn't fault you for it. I'd probably still take the few elite tier RBs, but absolutely up in that conversation and a top 5 pick in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

Sounds like you're making the case.

Thing is, Adams has had injury issues too.  It's just football.  The case could've been made for Michael Thomas this year, or AB in the past.  But I think position scarcity still favors going RB, even with a slightly higher injury risk.

I think the #1 pick is wide open next year, more than I can remember.  I'd say it's Kamara, McCaffrey, Henry, Barkley, Cook in contention, and you could throw Adams in there too.  Any of them would be worthy picks.

32 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

Taking him first in PPR wouldn’t be insane but you also have to take into account this is only the second time in his career he’s hit 1,000 yards. Of course he was 3 yards short twice so it’s pretty much a technicality but the point is Adams hasn’t been the healthiest WR out there himself.

In standard yes it’s a reach and in PPR there’s a case but I still rather have guys like Kamara, Cook, and CMC.

• Like 2

The best part of this is it's not one of those situations where a guy is given a ton of work for no reason. Rodgers and the Packers offense are considerably better when Adams is getting force-fed targets. When he's not, they struggle.

It's beautiful to watch Rodgers make it a point to call out the fact Davante wasn't involved enough after last weeks game, and make a conceited effort this week to fix that. Football doesn't always have to be hard

9 hours ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Sounds like you're making the case.

Thing is, Adams has had injury issues too.  It's just football.  The case could've been made for Michael Thomas this year, or AB in the past.  But I think position scarcity still favors going RB, even with a slightly higher injury risk.

I think the #1 pick is wide open next year, more than I can remember.  I'd say it's Kamara, McCaffrey, Henry, Barkley, Cook in contention, and you could throw Adams in there too.  Any of them would be worthy picks.

I think its still clearly CMC. He was as good or slightly better than last year (in very limited time albeit). In three games he averaged 28ppg in 0.5 (would've been over 30; he left early one game and davis came in and scored 11 pts).  He had no injury history and had bad injury luck this year. None of the injuries should carry over to next year.  

• Like 1