Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Davante Adams 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, this guy right here said:

He's the safest player going after the top 4 RBs and Thomas IMO. In PPR.

I’d say he’s SLIGHTLY safer than Hill and Julio. By a razor margin. However, the ceiling gap between him and those two makes them better picks. I also rather have a Godwin...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whoosh

LaFleur just said he should be good to go Sunday.  

14 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I’d say he’s SLIGHTLY safer than Hill and Julio. By a razor margin. However, the ceiling gap between him and those two makes them better picks. I also rather have a Godwin...

 

You believe there is a ceiling gap between Adams and Julio in Julio's favor?  Why? 

Edited by theSPANKER
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gohawks said:

I’d say he’s SLIGHTLY safer than Hill and Julio. By a razor margin. However, the ceiling gap between him and those two makes them better picks. I also rather have a Godwin...

I can’t fathom taking Godwin over him. Adams has such a higher TD upside to me couple with far less competition for targets. I still think Godwin feasts and that Evans suffers more with Brady. I just fear that between an improved Bucs D, less chasing points with less silly turnovers, and Arians trying to preserve Brady, it’ll be a far lower volume passing attack.

 

Adams’ target share will be through the roof. I think he’ll be back to being an end zone target hog, assuming the run game is less effective than they were last year at the GL (Jones was crazy efficient/tons of attempts from inside the 5), forcing more pass attempts. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't take Godwin over him but Julio and Tyreek yes

The Packers are just not an offense I want much stake in for now or the future--same reason I don't want Kupp/Woods/Akers.

Those teams look like sinking ships to me from now until I see Love play (and maybe even after that if he sucks) or the Rams...well frankly I think the Rams are beyond fixing in the short run

Edited by mocha4313
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

 

You believe there is a ceiling gap between Adams and Julio in Julio's favor?  Why? 

Because for yards Adams ceiling is going to cap out around 1,400 and for receptions around 110. That and Packers seeming set on running the ball more going forward.

In terms of yards, Adams ceiling is Julios baseline. Obviously there’s the TDs but that’s what gives Adams a slightly higher floor.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow interesting. I’ve thought the consus would be MT and Tyreek. Heck even Julio is 3rd. But now there are talks that DA is actually ahead of Tyreek huh. 
 

If I draft a WR and with MT and Tyreek on the board, I would not draft DA. But with MT and Tyreek gone, I would not think twice picking DA. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Olliemets said:

I can’t fathom taking Godwin over him. Adams has such a higher TD upside to me couple with far less competition for targets. I still think Godwin feasts and that Evans suffers more with Brady. I just fear that between an improved Bucs D, less chasing points with less silly turnovers, and Arians trying to preserve Brady, it’ll be a far lower volume passing attack.

 

Adams’ target share will be through the roof. I think he’ll be back to being an end zone target hog, assuming the run game is less effective than they were last year at the GL (Jones was crazy efficient/tons of attempts from inside the 5), forcing more pass attempts. 


agreed.   Godwin doesn’t belong in the conversation for top 5 WRs.  Too many changes and too many weapons in Tampa.   4 tds and 4 picks a game isn’t in the Bucs 2020 gameplan methinks.  
 

MT

Adams

Tyreek

Julio 

Hopkins 

 

 

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Impreza178 said:


agreed.   Godwin doesn’t belong in the conversation for top 5 WRs.  Too many changes and too many weapons in Tampa.   4 tds and 4 picks a game isn’t in the Bucs 2020 gameplan methinks.  
 

MT

Adams

Tyreek

Julio 

Hopkins 

 

 

So Godwin doesn’t belong in the top 5 because too many changes but Hopkins does despite going to an entirely new team with an inferior passing game...

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

So Godwin doesn’t belong in the top 5 because too many changes but Hopkins does despite going to an entirely new team with an inferior passing game...


Pretty much.   I think AZ will give Nuk wr1 targets.    Godwin isn’t even the 1 on his own team...and Brady to Gronk will be a thing. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Anybody know what this is about or the extent?

 

Sounds like he came limping off the field after the play, walked on his own into the locker room, and is now back on the sidelines and was running around...should be fine! 👍

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
Just now, herschel said:

anything new to report here? seems like consistently being taken ahead of julio and tyreek, but not sure im sold on that.  thoughts?

Good QB, solid player, monster target share. 2020 version of MT13. Draft with confidence. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2020 at 9:02 PM, n4sa said:

I would have no problem taking him or MT as the first WR off the board.


CSB coming, but I got MT and DA in a Yahoo Pro League draft and they still gave me a C- for the draft grade. 
 

But I totally agree with MT being a god-tier and then it is DA as the undisputed next WR. He was blowing up, on pace to break a single game receiving record, they can’t stopped him, this is all before he got injured. Then of course with him out of commission they integrated the running game after Arod didn’t get any help receiving wise. So after he came back, he was balling again but definitely not “himself”. With him being healthy, I expect a huge year. HUGE! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...