Davante Adams 2020 Outlook

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whoosh

LaFleur just said he should be good to go Sunday.  

3 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

is this what it's like owning adams?  when you draft him, just assume he will miss a few games due to injury?

I mean he's been pretty healthy in his career outside of last year. Got concussed in 2017, had a knee injury he played through in 2018, but sat out the end of the year since Packers got eliminated from playoff contention. Last year he had the turf toe. From a fantasy perspective, he's been as reliable a player as most, outside of last season.

I could see this being a 50/50 game-time decision, which will end up putting most owners in a tough spot with them having the late Sunday night game. Maybe see if guys like MVS or Trequon Smith are still available and have them ready to go if need be. He could still easily play with no practice at all this week, but hopefully there will be some sort of an idea by Sunday morning before the first slate of games goes off.

I really don’t see him playing this week. Should be good to go next week. The week 5 bye makes me think they might rest him until week 6, however. 

4 minutes ago, Andy Mick said:

I really don’t see him playing this week. Should be good to go next week. The week 5 bye makes me think they might rest him until week 6, however. 

I'm thinking the same thing, especially regarding the bye. Hope everybody has other reasonable options for a bit!

It hurts if he sits, of course. But I'm much happier to lose him for a game or two now to let him get right, then have him aggravate and deal with it all year.

With the Sunday night game, and the backups on my bench, I can't play him even if he suits up. Too risky. I'll have to go with a different option for now.

Edited by JAG_challam
26 minutes ago, Michael Bluth said:

Draft mike Thomas and devante adams they said. It’ll be fun they said...

i came in to this season in my dynasty league with MT and Adams as my WRs. Thought I was on easy street. Now my only actually healthy WR is Scary Terry and I'm hoping Golladay can go on one leg just so I can field a full team. 

I don't think Adams plays this week. He's not even doing the classic "light running and drills", from what I've read. Not only do I not think he's playing this weekend, I'm concerned about next week as well. 

I fully expect him to sit Sunday night.  If you are holding out hope to use him, and are in shallower leagues where guys like this are still available try adding Tre'quan Smith (plays on SNF) or Mecole Hardman (MNF) to cover.  I don't really trust the GB wideouts.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, stevieglick said:

Any idea the severity of this hamstring issue? Wondering what Adams ROS value looks like. Tempted to try and trade for him. 

I'm guessing he sits until after their BYE. Which, as an owner, sucks short term but makes me glad overall that they aren't going to risk aggravating it. Healthy Adams wk 6 forward > gimpy Adams wk 3 forward. If you can pull off a buy low I would go for it.

What are people's thoughts? Would you feel comfortable trying to wait it out and have a guy like Trequan Smith/MVS ready to go as backup plans if they are available? Or just forget it and play someone else in the earlier games? Obviously if you have great options then that's the easy decision, but what about for those who don't have an obvious starter without him?