Davante Adams 2020 Outlook

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whoosh

LaFleur just said he should be good to go Sunday.  

7 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

he's not gonna "rush it ..."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/02/davante-adams-wont-rush-himself-onto-the-field/

draw your own conclusions 🤷‍♂️

This quote gives me some hope. Was close to playing last week and felt good but played it safe. 

“It was close. I felt good, but I wanted to be as smart as possible so we decided to hold off on that.”

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Chippa said:

why even play this week when their bye is the week after..?

Rest this week, rest during the bye, come back guns blazing

Because the NFL is only 17 weeks a year. Not 82 games like NBA or 1,000 games like MLB. 

1 minute ago, ginocan said:

Because the NFL is only 17 weeks a year. Not 82 games like NBA or 1,000 games like MLB. 

...yea, and? playing 14 games out of 16 is still pretty good.

mlb has 162 games :)

Just now, Chippa said:

...yea, and? playing 14 games out of 16 is still pretty good.

mlb has 162 games :)

I agree with your logic.

But I mean why players got concussions but yet want to go back into the game. 

There are guys that have incentives to hit, love the game, just want to F people up on the field, or whatever the reasons. There are guys that know their time is limited and want to get on the field as much as possible. 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Chippa said:

why even play this week when their bye is the week after..?

Rest this week, rest during the bye, come back guns blazing

They already lost Lazard. He said he felt good last week I expect him to play on Monday if he feels good.

Its the nfl no win is guaranteed, the falcons have a great offense. They need him to play, they’re competing for a #1 seed every NFC game is crucial

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Jordan23 said:

Is he playing for sure? Monday night game and the Lazard insurace policy got cancelled. 

Exact same boat for me. Either I sit him early, or I use the backup Brian Hill insurance policy ....

If he plays, I'm playing him. I'm willing to risk having to flex Brian Hill. Better than watching Adams go off on my bench.

3 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Because that makes too much sense.

As long as they stay undefeated they should never play Adams...Only break glass in case of emergency....Hell why don't we sit Rodgers as well!

I am sure the sponsors of MNF would love the selective benching of perfectly healthy players in the middle of the season.

Typical medical perspective on this thread just like Covit. No one does anything and we will have no Covit deaths. Dramatic increases in murders, suicides, depression, financial ruin...but no Covit deaths... so we are good. Tunnel vision.

There are a lot of inputs to the process of playing Adams...including his desire...making comments such "as makes to much sense" short sighted and ill informed. We are ignorant to the nuances of this situation, yet we all have a opinion on how it should be.

Maybe the discussion can focus on what is going on with the Packers and Adams, and not what you would like to see (no value).

How is the matchup?

How does Adams perform coming off a injury?

How can one mitigate risk for a MNF game if he doesn't play?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, Breesus said:

They already lost Lazard. He said he felt good last week I expect him to play on Monday if he feels good.

Its the nfl no win is guaranteed, the falcons have a great offense. They need him to play, they’re competing for a #1 seed every NFC game is crucial

I have to take issue with this statement, the Falcons are guaranteed to try to find a way to lose this game.

33 minutes ago, brosephd said:

damn not sure whether to flex this guy or not. won't know if he's playing til mon? think im screwed if he doesn't play since everyone will be locked and can't drop. (ESPN)

Get yourself a Monday insurance policy. I'm going with Brian Hill. Who isn't a terrible stash in his own right considering how bad Gurley has looked. It'll FeelBadMan watching Adams explode on your bench.

Edited by JAG_challam
  • Like 2