NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jalen Reagor 2020 Outlook

I'm hoping to get him off waivers tonight. I think he will have a good game this week against the Giants.

After the bye, he and Wentz should have had time to work together. And I think the Giants Def can be thrown on if Wentz is not running for his life.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jerry Rice Jalen Reagor J-E-R-R-Y J-A-L-E-N Both are wide receivers WR1SZN CONFIRMED!!!!!!

You say Reagor has to fight for targets and list every single player on his team including an injured receiver, backup tight end and backup running back but then in the exact same post you mention Lam

Yes I'm biased but in my defense I've been a big fan even before the draft process. I would put Reagor at the very top of my rookie potential impact rankings.  Opportunity wise he's set to be a s

Maybe I’m wrong but I just don’t see the path to fantasy relevancy with him. Fulgham seems like the top target. Alshon is coming back. Goedert is already back. Wentz and the offense is below average and will be playing a bunch of low scoring games against other bad NFC East teams. I think he is worth a stash incase the talent is there, but he looks like a #3 or #4 option in a bad offense. If I’m taking a chance on a rookie, think I’d rather have Pittman.

Edited by LionKid90
  • Like 1

I've had Alshon on my team in prior years. Are the Eagles interested in playing a talented, injury prone 8 year vet, or are they looking to see what their high draft choice can possibly do.

I guess I am not a Fulgham believer yet. Here is a guy who has been on multiple practice squads over the last few years. He has been on Det, GB and Phil within the last year. And all of a sudden he has been fantasy relevant with Wentz and the Eagles. I could be wrong about Travis, but his is an unusual path to stardom.

In my mind, Reagor is much more talented and should have a steady role with DeSean Jackson gone.  Jalen had 6 targets in his first game back and a touchdown. They even game him a carry in that game. So I think they want him involved in the offense. 

With matchups against the Giants, Browns, and Seahawks, there should be plenty of opportunities for him to produce. They just need to keep Wentz from having to run for his life and making stupid decisions.

• Like 3

I'm not forced to start him so i won't, but i have high hopes for him. He has a very sexy schedule so the only thing stopping me from plugging him in is seeing what his involvement will be in the offense. His first game back looked promising! If he can produce again and stay consistent, I'll be happy to flex him the next 2 weeks in what should be to smash spots.

Edited by Nappyroots
  • Like 1

Found this analysis on the web for the matchup with the Giants for what it is worth:

James Bradberry has been a shutdown level corner this year, but with the rest of the Giants secondary being subpar, receivers can find ways to beat them (Terry McLaurin). Even so, Bradberry will likely go after Travis FulgHAM most of the game, which lets Reagor face highly-exploitable defenders. In the first matchup, Fulgham had 11/5/73/0 while Greg Ward had 6/5/42/1. That Ward line is more than reasonable to expect from Reagor.

• Like 4

Not directly relevant, but I'm curious. This guy was viewed as a burner who did anything but at the combine, who also had a MUCH worse year his final year of college than the one before, yet still was essentially a mid first round pick. For those who follow college more closely, why was he so highly drafted?

Edited by BGDDYKWL
16 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Not directly relevant, but I'm curious. This guy was viewed as a burner who did anything but at the combine, who also had a MUCH worse year his final year of college than the one before, yet still was essentially a mid first round pick. For those who follow college more closely, why was he so highly drafted?

Despite the slower than expected 40, he still possessed those mouth-watering NFL Combine intangibles coaches love:

+ Oily Hips

+ Elite Wiggle

+ Tight skin

spacer.png

• Like 3
52 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

his college qb sucked. barely completed as many passes as he threw and threw 5 less ints than tds. But i'm pretty sure scouts are doing more than looking at stats from sports-reference.com when evaluating talent. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Made a speculative add based on his mouth watering schedule, draft pedigree and the fact the eagles schemed up some plays for him his first game back. It seemed the eagles were desperate for playmakers but with the emergence of Fulgham and Alshon and Goedert coming back I just hope Wentz will still look his way. Not gonna lie I envisioned an OBJ-esque second half of the season when he blew up his rookie year.. which is a pipe dream but you never know. 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, TroutFister said:

his college qb sucked. barely completed as many passes as he threw and threw 5 less ints than tds. But i'm pretty sure scouts are doing more than looking at stats from sports-reference.com when evaluating talent. 

Sure. But we had some real studs in this draft. I was just wondering why a guy who flopped both his last year in college, and also badly flopped at the combine, was drafted so high. Seems like a slower DJax. 

Claypool, just as an example, had a much better year in college, is much bigger, much stronger, AND faster. It's not just sports-reference.com. It's literally every measure you can use. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Claypool, just as an example, had a much better year in college, is much bigger, much stronger, AND faster. 

You're getting hung up on forty times. Reagor can run just fine if you watch any of his tape. Prior to his 40, there was a lot of debate pre-Combine about whether he or Ruggs were the fastest in the country. 

I didn't watch the whole game, but he got three endzone looks and a touchdown in his first game back. They need him and they want to use him and his schedule looks great.

Edited by Macgregor
  • Like 2
8 minutes ago, Macgregor said:

You're getting hung up on forty times. Reagor can run just fine if you watch any of his tape. Prior to his 40, there was a lot of debate pre-Combine about whether he or Ruggs were the fastest in the country. 

I didn't watch the whole game, but he got three endzone looks and a touchdown in his first game back. They need him and they want to use him and his schedule looks great.

I'm not discounting your second point, because it's valid. But I think it's fair for me to highlight his 40 time when that was supposed to be his claim to fame. Without that, I just don't see a top 20 pick. Not to mention his agility tests at the combine were terrible.