NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jalen Reagor 2020 Outlook

Casual fans overreact to a player's 40 yard dash time, just as you are doing.

It is one drill performed on one day.  Without pads, in a stadium full of scouts and coaches in a strange town.

Raegor was considered to be one of the fastest players in all of CFB.  I think the Eagles also liked his toute running, strength, and competitiveness.

In addition to the TD and the multiple EZ looks, Raegor also scored a 2 pt conversion in his first game back.  So the Eagles apparently plan to use him in a lot of different ways.

• Like 3
  • Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jerry Rice Jalen Reagor J-E-R-R-Y J-A-L-E-N Both are wide receivers WR1SZN CONFIRMED!!!!!!

You say Reagor has to fight for targets and list every single player on his team including an injured receiver, backup tight end and backup running back but then in the exact same post you mention Lam

Yes I'm biased but in my defense I've been a big fan even before the draft process. I would put Reagor at the very top of my rookie potential impact rankings.  Opportunity wise he's set to be a s

Here is somebody else take on Reagor this week:

Carson Wentz and Reagor had the bye week to become even more calibrated. The Eagles will look to feature the rookie receiver coming out of the bye week. Reagor is in a spot to become a fantasy difference-maker for the rest of the season. He has a plus matchup against the Giants secondary this week — New York’s defense has allowed some big games from top wide receiver scorers over the last five games:

Player Team Tgt Rec RecYd RecTD YPR PPR
CeeDee Lamb DAL 11 8 124 0 15.5 20.4
Terry McLaurin WAS 12 7 74 0 10.6 14.4
Greg Ward Jr. PHI 6 5 42 1 8.4 15.2
Mike Evans TB 7 5 55 1 11 16.5
Terry McLaurin WAS 8 7 115 1 16.4 24.5

Reagor can be viewed as a WR3 in Week 10.
  • Like 1

Normally I would wait to start but with byes and this matchup I’m tempted to throw him in the fire and face the consequences. Anyone else feel good about starting him this week? Only concern is goedart and alshon are back so not sure if that takes away his end zone looks 

1 hour ago, coleworld7 said:

Normally I would wait to start but with byes and this matchup I’m tempted to throw him in the fire and face the consequences. Anyone else feel good about starting him this week? Only concern is goedart and alshon are back so not sure if that takes away his end zone looks 

Alshon is washed and then some. He will get looks they didn’t burn the 21st overall pick on Reagor not to throw him the ball. Also Philly media is magnifying it since they’ve whiffed on WR’s in previous years, add in Jefferson who has had explosions taken one pick later. I’m throwing him out there for whatever that’s worth. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, coleworld7 said:

Ya same here. Idk if this veers too close to AC but there’s a good chance I sit moore in a bad matchup to roll him out.(not asking if it’s a good idea, just to help with potential valuation)

You gotta think the Eagles have mended up post bye and come flying out. So give me their first round pick in a juicy matchup.

Am I the only one who doesn’t get the low rankings for reagor though? I think hes looking to be a solid wr3 this week.(let’s hope I’m not giving his talent enough credit lol). 

10 hours ago, jgardner12 said:

Ya same here. Idk if this veers too close to AC but there’s a good chance I sit moore in a bad matchup to roll him out.(not asking if it’s a good idea, just to help with potential valuation)

You gotta think the Eagles have mended up post bye and come flying out. So give me their first round pick in a juicy matchup.

Am I the only one who doesn’t get the low rankings for reagor though? I think hes looking to be a solid wr3 this week.(let’s hope I’m not giving his talent enough credit lol). 

i too am surprised about his rankings this week. I held thru the bye and to be honest I thought his performance 2 weeks ago wasn’t bad for his first game back and he had 6 targets to fulghams 7 despite playing less snaps than ward. I am thinking he’s goin to play a lot more snaps this weekend and am hoping wentz has built up some rapport wit him over the bye. 

again the only concern is now are there too many mouths to feed after the bye? I’m not talking about talent but getting goedaet, alshon and sanders back has to mean something, which is why I wouldn’t have considered starting him without first seeing how they operate wit more options back, but unfortunately I have byes so 

10 minutes ago, coleworld7 said:

i too am surprised about his rankings this week. I held thru the bye and to be honest I thought his performance 2 weeks ago wasn’t bad for his first game back and he had 6 targets to fulghams 7 despite playing less snaps than ward. I am thinking he’s goin to play a lot more snaps this weekend and am hoping wentz has built up some rapport wit him over the bye. 

again the only concern is now are there too many mouths to feed after the bye? I’m not talking about talent but getting goedaet, alshon and sanders back has to mean something, which is why I wouldn’t have considered starting him without first seeing how they operate wit more options back, but unfortunately I have byes so 

Reagor is more of the team's deep threat, right?  Even with everyone back healthy I'd think Reagor would still get at least a few shots downfield.  But we'll see how this week plays out.

28 minutes ago, ZappB said:

Reagor is more of the team's deep threat, right?  Even with everyone back healthy I'd think Reagor would still get at least a few shots downfield.  But we'll see how this week plays out.

Gotta have the O-Line give Wentz some time for downfield shots to develop. Have my fingers crossed as I have Reagor in as my flex over Swift.

The Eagles seem to have some hope that Driscoll, Seumalo, and Lane Johnson will return from injury with the Bye week to solidify the O-Line.  I think Wentz is a pretty good QB when he can go through his reads and the pass rush doesn't get to him. The Eagles lead the NFL in most sacks allowed.  So any help on the O-Line would be good:

Team  Sacks allowed 
Eagles (3-4-1)  32 
Football Team (2-6)  28 
Giants (2-7) 28 
Bengals (2-5-1) 28 
Jets (0-9) 26 
Cowboys (2-7) 26 
Jaguars (1-7) 25 
  • Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

most routes, most targets, all is needed is competent QB & O-Line production. I would not be mad flexing Reagor for the rest of the season.

i think we should research the d-line of teams and only look to play reagor against teams that are bad at creating pressure. i can't be confident blindly playing this kid, when when wentz can't throw the ball...i just can't man!

On 11/14/2020 at 4:40 PM, herschel said:

fwiw, pat fitzmaurice (#1 expert on fantasy pros) has him wr38 which is +10 against expert consensus rankings....

In non-PPR he finished WR39 before the Monday game has been played, so that was some solid ranking!

• Like 2