NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jalen Reagor 2020 Outlook

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jerry Rice Jalen Reagor J-E-R-R-Y J-A-L-E-N Both are wide receivers WR1SZN CONFIRMED!!!!!!

You say Reagor has to fight for targets and list every single player on his team including an injured receiver, backup tight end and backup running back but then in the exact same post you mention Lam

Yes I'm biased but in my defense I've been a big fan even before the draft process. I would put Reagor at the very top of my rookie potential impact rankings.  Opportunity wise he's set to be a s

12 hours ago, YoungDro said:

Jackson isn't a safe pick, he represents a lottery pick too.  We know you don't get floor with him, you get boom bust with week winning upside.  Drafting both of them may be more safe but that safe pick gets you Wentz potential #1 WR target. Getting a shot at an X WR going that late in an offense that has the upside of the Eagles is tough to pass

IMO Jackson shouldn’t be drafted.  A lot of chatter for Jackson but none for a guy like John Ross III.  Draft Reagor and leave Jackson for some other lucky guy or girl

6 hours ago, fyasko said:

IMO Jackson shouldn’t be drafted.  A lot of chatter for Jackson but none for a guy like John Ross III.  Draft Reagor and leave Jackson for some other lucky guy or girl

DJax is the team’s WR1 until he gets hurt. A no-brainer bargain at his ADP. The puff pieces on Reagor are nice, but he underperformed his last year in college, and the combine showed he was not the historically elite world beater athlete his worshippers claimed he was. 

Not banking on immediate production from a rookie WR.

On 8/28/2020 at 11:52 PM, fyasko said:

Why would you spend 11.7 for Jackson? He’s 33 not sure about anyone else but I’d rather play the rookie wr lotto than draft a bunch of safe picks.  I’m trying to build a championship team not “make it to the playoffs”.   Spend that 11th on something else, then grab Reagor at the end of the draft

I expect DJax to breakdown eventually but not necessarily right out of the gate like last season. Every week he plays healthy he will punch way above his ADP. If he makes it even a half dozen games before suffering his inevitable injury he could do some real damage as my WR3. After the injury I'll manage as events dictate. He's 33 as you say but still deadly when healthy and will get major targets in this very thin Eagles receiving corps

Anyway I was thinking something closer to #166 overall which is his ADP on Fantasypros. I probably wouldn't be on him in the 130s

4 hours ago, joshua18 said:

DJax is the team’s WR1 until he gets hurt. A no-brainer bargain at his ADP. The puff pieces on Reagor are nice, but he underperformed his last year in college, and the combine showed he was not the historically elite world beater athlete his worshippers claimed he was. 

Jackson is the number 1 distract or for the first 4 weeks until teams realize who the real number 1 receiver really is.  Desean is just a decoy 

• Like 1

For the price of both, I'm not sure whats stopping most people from picking up both Reagor and DJax and stashing them on the bench to see how this plays out. Unless you're in a super deep league, you won't need either guy to produce anytime soon barring any injury craziness with your WRs. 

Worth a note that the only full game Desean Jackson and Carson Wentz have played together DJax went for 8/154/2 on 9 targets. DJax is the guy to own early on, but once he inevitably goes down, Reagor should step up.

Also, I believe its worth a note that DJax is a player to draft in fantasy, but not worth supporting beyond that after his anti-semitic bs this offseason. 

• Like 2

I'm looking around at the Philly WR group and I'm realizing there's a very good chance Reagor is maybe the last WR standing at some point very early in the season. DJax won't make it past game 3 probably. Jeffery still isn't back from his injury last season. Goodwin opted out for the season. I wouldn't be surprised if Reagor is the WR1 by default by week 5. 

Out of the entire rookie WR class of 2020, Reagor is the one I like the best because he's in a great situation to have an immediate impact and success right away.

I own Reagor in a few leagues. I've been waiting until the double digit rounds to draft him, as early as the 11th. But I wouldn't object to low-key reaching for him in the 9th or 10th.

Edited by The Frayed Ends of Fantasy
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Are you starting Jackson week 1?  If yes draft away, if not, why are you wasting a pick?  

2 hours ago, yossarian said:

I'm looking around at the Philly WR group and I'm realizing there's a very good chance Reagor is maybe the last WR standing at some point very early in the season. DJax won't make it past game 3 probably. Jeffery still isn't back from his injury last season. Goodwin opted out for the season. I wouldn't be surprised if Reagor is the WR1 by default by week 5. 

im am quoting myself to say: This....did not age well. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1