NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jalen Reagor 2020 Outlook

9 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Who do you think the guy to add is, Arcega-Whiteside or John Hightower?

I was just wondering if anyone else had interest in JJAW. I do. Yes, he sucked last year, but that happens to rookie WRs. He was also playing hurt. Apparently he's having a good camp and I'm sure he learned a lot last year, between the offense and playing in the NFL. I thought he was a sleeper even before the Reagor injury, and now I definitely do.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jerry Rice Jalen Reagor J-E-R-R-Y J-A-L-E-N Both are wide receivers WR1SZN CONFIRMED!!!!!!

You say Reagor has to fight for targets and list every single player on his team including an injured receiver, backup tight end and backup running back but then in the exact same post you mention Lam

Yes I'm biased but in my defense I've been a big fan even before the draft process. I would put Reagor at the very top of my rookie potential impact rankings.  Opportunity wise he's set to be a s

40 minutes ago, aapox said:

I was just wondering if anyone else had interest in JJAW. I do. Yes, he sucked last year, but that happens to rookie WRs. He was also playing hurt. Apparently he's having a good camp and I'm sure he learned a lot last year, between the offense and playing in the NFL. I thought he was a sleeper even before the Reagor injury, and now I definitely do.

Was debating between adding Arcega-Whiteside and Hightower in a 16 team league and in the end chose Arcega-Whiteside because he has a year in the system whereas Hightower is a rookie.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, mikeflavaz said:

Worst part is yahoo has him Doubful instead of Out, so as of this moment, you can't move him to your IR spot.  Annoying...

Tell me about it , it's because teams haven't given out their official roster and injury reports yet. It'll happen sometime next week. My mans Jalen needs to marinate on IR 

i took him in the 13th round of a dk 20 dollar bestball tonight. #buyingthedip

If he is just aj brown and only useful 2nd half of season fine by me. Of course there is a risk he is totally useless all year but for a 13th rounder most of the time those are useless anyways 

Depending on your roster I would say hold it, likely you drafted him to be your WR5+. Timeline for return is around week 2. If no other gem end's up within reach through ww, you should keep it. After all, you've  drafted him for a reason. On JJAW and Hightower topic: both are too risky at this point in time (WEEK 0) and there are better lotto tickets off waivers.

Definitely hold, IR eligibility will come next week. You need to play the long game with this kid, don't expect immediate contribution to your fantasy squad even when he does return.  He's a mid to late season bloomer, so plan accordingly. 

Edited by RunCMC

NBC Sports Philadelphia's John Clark is "hearing it's looking good" for Jalen Reagor (shoulder) to debut Week 2.

Reagor is "doing very well in his rehab," according to Clark. The first-rounder went down in practice at the very end of camp and was initially given a four-week timetable. It sounds like he's going to beat that and could miss just the opener against Washington before a Week 2 showdown with the Rams. The Eagles are expected to roll with DeSean Jackson, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, and Greg Ward for the majority of the receiver snaps this Sunday.

He was dropped in my league, thinking of swooping him up but is he worth the stash? My last bench player is Bryan Edwards and I think he'll have a more immediate impact over Jalen. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, jeremyt7 said:

Given the nature of the injury, I see them slowly easing him back into the game to decrease the risk of re injury. 

Love him. I don't know if I should buy now or in a couple weeks. I just fear DeSean will get injured soon (before week 3 for example), which will make it too hard to grab him.

Yeah, same here he's available in our league but I'm having a difficult time deciding on who to keep between him or Bryan Edwards. Currently have Bryan Edwards stashed but I need to drop someone to add jalen 

Edited by jeremyt7
3 minutes ago, jeremyt7 said:

Yeah, same here he's available in our league but I'm having a difficult time deciding on who to keep between him or Bryan Edwards. Currently have Bryan Edwards stashed but I need to drop someone to add jalen 

I prefer Reagor to Edwards even though he's hurt. Guy is a perfect fit for the Eagles offense.

• Like 1

My kind of guy. Let's do it.  

Jalen Reagor (shoulder) returned to practice Wednesday.

To the surprise of the Eagles' beat writers, Reagor appeared to be "doing everything" at Wednesday's session, leaving some to wonder if he's actually going to play Week 1 against Washington. It had previously been reported Reagor was expected to miss the opener, but he's apparently made major strides in his recovery from a torn labrum. It's something that will likely require surgery after the season, but Reagor hopes to make it through his rookie year. We'll have to keep an eye on the Eagles' injury report this week.

Sep 9, 2020, 2:17 PM ET

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, jeremyt7 said:

His chance of reinjury is scary to me, he tore it in practice and they're saying it's going to require off season surgery. After getting cracked a few times, I don't see him lasting a whole season

He was dropped in a league and I picked him up as my end of bench stash.

Context matters: 3 WR / 2 flex league, but he has more upside than Bryan Edwards on a Wentz offense with not many receivers...

1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

He was dropped in a league and I picked him up as my end of bench stash.

Context matters: 3 WR / 2 flex league, but he has more upside than Bryan Edwards on a Wentz offense with not many receivers...

Yeah I have a 2 wr no flex in a 16 team league with only 5 bench spots. I have to decide between Reagor and Edwards. Honestly learning towards Edwards because opportunity and health. Reagor had the opportunity of a lifetime to step into a Wentz offense being the clear cut wr1 with a grace period to separate himself because of the eagles injuries at wr but unfortunately injured himself. Now with everyone getting back healthy and Alshon avoid IR I think this wr group is going to be a bit stiff than anticipated. Plus I think they're going to ease him back from his injury too.  

1 minute ago, jeremyt7 said:

Yeah I have a 2 wr no flex in a 16 team league with only 5 bench spots. I have to decide between Reagor and Edwards. Honestly learning towards Edwards because opportunity and health. Reagor had the opportunity of a lifetime to step into a Wentz offense being the clear cut wr1 with a grace period to separate himself because of the eagles injuries at wr but unfortunately injured himself. Now with everyone getting back healthy and Alshon avoid IR I think this wr group is going to be a bit stiff than anticipated. Plus I think they're going to ease him back from his injury too.  

Edwards. 

WAS defense isn’t good (better than some may think though)... but that CAR defense? Very possible to be the worst defense in the NFL this year. 

Even if Reagor is active somehow this week, you should not start him. Excited for him this year, but not in the first week or two

• Like 1