NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jalen Reagor 2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, TwoCan Sam said:

Reagor will definitely have his opportunities early due to lack of competition. However let’s be real here and temper expectations for all rookies given the lack of a normal offseason. If you’re deciding between a WR vet and a WR rookie, go with the vet every time until you have a legitimate reason not to.

CEH didn’t seem to notice the shortened offseason. 

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jerry Rice Jalen Reagor J-E-R-R-Y J-A-L-E-N Both are wide receivers WR1SZN CONFIRMED!!!!!!

You say Reagor has to fight for targets and list every single player on his team including an injured receiver, backup tight end and backup running back but then in the exact same post you mention Lam

Yes I'm biased but in my defense I've been a big fan even before the draft process. I would put Reagor at the very top of my rookie potential impact rankings.  Opportunity wise he's set to be a s

2 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Start him if you have no other options obviously but don't expect much with Ertz, Djax, and Goedert healthy. 

It’s been 4 years since Jackson cracked over 50 receptions on a season—that’s 3 catches a game 😂. My mind is blown that people keep bringing up Jackson haha 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TwoCan Sam said:

I knew someone would bring this up lol. Posting numbers as a rookie when you’re a RB is way easier than when you’re a WR. Plus CEH has the perfect situation to succeed.

But you said temper expectations for ALL rookies 🤔. And the Eagles literally had practice squad dudes starting at WR last yr. Now they have the same trash core but an old Djax. Reagor will eat 

5 minutes ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

It’s been 4 years since Jackson cracked over 50 receptions on a season—that’s 3 catches a game 😂. My mind is blown that people keep bringing up Jackson haha 

Oh I don't expect Djax to last long enough to get 50 receptions this season either. But it's week 1 and he's healthy so he's worth starting over a rookie WR that didn't get a normal offseason experience.

2 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Oh I don't expect Djax to last long enough to get 50 receptions this season either. But it's week 1 and he's healthy so he's worth starting over a rookie WR that didn't get a normal offseason experience.

That’s valid but it’s likely the rookie gets peppered with targets underneath as well. I could see him getting 8 targets. I think he’s worth a shot given my position also. Have to start 3 WRs and Sutton and Golladay are out for me. My options are Harry, Edwards, Amendola, Ayiuk, Djax...etc for my 3rd spot. If Djax doesn’t hit a home run he’s useless. I think the rookie has a more stable floor and much better upside season long. We shall see 

7 minutes ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

But you said temper expectations for ALL rookies 🤔. And the Eagles literally had practice squad dudes starting at WR last yr. Now they have the same trash core but an old Djax. Reagor will eat 

Ok minus the one outlier haha.

JJAW was a rookie last season and he was absolute garbage. Reagor is definitely more talented than him but for now I’m saying don’t be shocked if he doesn’t produce immediately. He could very well go off given the lack of competition.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, TwoCan Sam said:

Ok minus the one outlier haha.

JJAW was a rookie last season and he was absolute garbage. Reagor is definitely more talented than him but for now I’m saying don’t be shocked if he doesn’t produce immediately. He could very well go off given the lack of competition.

He’s definitely not a sure thing but I really like his odds compared to the field of rookie WRs. I think Wentz will have a really good yr too. Wentz is a better QB than someone like Watson. He’s had some tough breaks but I expect a really solid season 

Edited by Uncle_Ruckus
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

He’s definitely not a sure thing but I really like his odds compared to the field of rookie WRs. I think Wentz will have a really good yr too. Wentz is a better QB than someone like Watson. He’s had some tough breaks but I expect a really solid season 

Agreed. The only question mark surrounding the Eagles offense is the line. I will say Pederson taking over all playcalling duties will help. Groh was not ready for that.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, fawkes_mulder said:

Reagor could have a great year. Alshon out for several weeks, D Jax and Ertz ahead in pecking order for now. Will arcega whiteside ever be relevant? ward? Really hard to trust camp reports, but allegedly whiteside, a 2nd round pick, is gonna be more involved this year. Who knows... Could definitely see path to production, especially with Alshon out. But IMO there are some even easier ones.

I think the pair of rookie raiders both have enormous upside (edwards prob would have been a first round pick too, like Ruggs, but for the meniscus tear injury - which he seems to have recovered fully from). Aiyuk with an injured deebo and apparent connection (beat articles, smh, but I do think the kid's good) and Pittman alongside TY also have trememdous opportunity. Several rookie WR in good situations, just feel bad for the shenault, mims, etc. crowd in a bad situation.

Not trying to threads***, I like Reagor, I'm just not sure I like him more than some other rookie WR, but he's got a great opportunity too.

They all have competition ... it's a complete dart throw. Reagor definitely has the best QB throwing to him but I do like that Edwards kid, he might just have the easiest route to targets.

Aiyuk could pop off with Deebo currently injured , but when he's back you can't trust any of their pass catchers not named Kittle or Samuel. 49ers just don't throw the ball enough

Raiders have: Edwards - Ruggs - Waller (TE) - Renfrow in the slot

Colts : TY Hilton - Paris Campbell -Pittman Jr - Zac Pascal - Doyle / Mo Alie Cox at TE

It might take a few weeks or longer who knows, but Pittman Jr should leap frog everyone on the depth chart not named TY Hilton. 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

They all have competition ... it's a complete dart throw. Reagor definitely has the best QB throwing to him but I do like that Edwards kid, he might just have the easiest route to targets.

Aiyuk could pop off with Deebo currently injured , but when he's back you can't trust any of their pass catchers not named Kittle or Samuel. 49ers just don't throw the ball enough

Raiders have: Edwards - Ruggs - Waller (TE) - Renfrow in the slot

Colts : TY Hilton - Paris Campbell -Pittman Jr - Zac Pascal - Doyle / Mo Alie Cox at TE

Rare Mo Alie Cox mention!

9 minutes ago, TwoCan Sam said:

Rare Mo Alie Cox mention!

Hahah, I only mention it because the Colts love to run multiple TE sets. Trey Burton is even on the team but currently injured.

To reiterate, if you're going to gamble on a rookie WR : Edwards & Reagor are in the best situations imo

Excluding TDLamb + Jerry Jeudy 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Hahah, I only mention it because the Colts love to run multiple TE sets. Trey Burton is even on the team but currently injured.

To reiterate, if you're going to gamble on a rookie WR : Edwards & Reagor are in the best situations imo

Excluding TDLamb + Jerry Jeudy 

No Ruggs?

Interesting.

51 minutes ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

That’s valid but it’s likely the rookie gets peppered with targets underneath as well. I could see him getting 8 targets. I think he’s worth a shot given my position also. Have to start 3 WRs and Sutton and Golladay are out for me. My options are Harry, Edwards, Amendola, Ayiuk, Djax...etc for my 3rd spot. If Djax doesn’t hit a home run he’s useless. I think the rookie has a more stable floor and much better upside season long. We shall see 

I thought reagor was supposed to be a deep threat guy not a underneath guy. It’s all I’ve been hearing about here in eagles nation. 

And I don’t know how many targets he could get underneath anyway that’s where godert, ertz, Scott, and sanders are all being fed the ball. I’m not saying he doesn’t have the talent/opportunity to pull down 8 balls but I’d like to see it first.

also DJax had 8 catches against The redskins last year and only 2 of them were deep balls so he might be Carson’s favorite target even without a deep ball. Idk just food for thought.

The only thing I worry about is the pressure getting to Wentz before he can take the deep shot. He’ll definitely have opportunities to hit Jackson & Reagor downfield it’s just a matter of how often. The TEs and the RBs will probably see the majority of the targets this game.

11 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Just trying to lock in your predictions so I can bring them up after the season. 😉

I know you have bigger things on your mind, like if Henry will catch 40 passes this season or not 😜

It’s all love brodie

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

I thought reagor was supposed to be a deep threat guy not a underneath guy. It’s all I’ve been hearing about here in eagles nation. 

And I don’t know how many targets he could get underneath anyway that’s where godert, ertz, Scott, and sanders are all being fed the ball. I’m not saying he doesn’t have the talent/opportunity to pull down 8 balls but I’d like to see it first.

also DJax had 8 catches against The redskins last year and only 2 of them were deep balls so he might be Carson’s favorite target even without a deep ball. Idk just food for thought.

Reagor compares most closely to DJ Moore but faster. He certainly can take the top off a defense, but he’s strong for a WR and can make catches all over the field. He’s 206 pounds, so not strictly some 170-180 WR who can only run straight and fast but can’t move through contact. And Jackson’s 8 catches is probably the most catches (or in the top 3 games) Jackson has had in a single game in the last 3 years—making it an outlier. Jackson is 34, coming off major injury, with numbers that were sorely reducing. 

Not worried about Scott either lol. Reagor is the only WR on the team who can demand a strong target share. Every team has at least 1 WR who gets strong volume. 

• Like 1