NBC Sports Edge Forums

Anthony McFarland Jr. 2020 Outlook

On 10/8/2020 at 1:46 AM, CABLE87 said:

Seems like every big run he had there were gaping holes. He didn't make anyone miss or run anyone over until the last run. Any play that wasn't well blocked he doesn't move the pile for any extra yards.

Decent stiff arm and has some speed I'll give him that.

Edited by Dirtywater97
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"He has merited more playing time," said Tomlin. "He has had some really good practices. This is a difficult environment for young guys to establish themselves and get the type of feel that you are wi

18:21 For Anthony. I'm high on him. Started the year dealing with a concussion I believe but I think we will keep seeing more of this guy. If Connor gets hurt, I think it will be his job and not Snell

I grabbed Gibson first, then traded up to also grab McFarland They're entirely different players and I like them for entirely different reasons and scenarios. Eg one of the scenarios I see is th

5 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

🤔, think you have the wrong guy in Conner having altercations with Tomlin. Never seen or heard anything of that nature.

SNF this season & last year on National broadcast, Conner yelling at sideline; then benched? Perhaps it wasn’t Tomlin, but, he said the wrong thing to someone & rode the pine for it. I could be wrong. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Seems like every big run he had there were gaping holes. He didn't make anyone miss or run anyone over until the last run. Any play that wasn't well blocked he doesn't move the pile for any extra yards.

Decent stiff arm I'll give him that.

He’s not a bulldozer but he runs tough enough imo. Check some of his college tape if you haven’t. He’s a big play waiting to happen, crazy explosive. Idk about this year unless Connor goes down but I see him being the RB that gets most of the work next year in Pitt. Took him only a few weeks to leap Snell (who has played well himself)

Edited by BxBOMBERs28
  • 1 month later...

Steelers have become a pass heavy team, I think McFarland has a shot to earn a solid role with Connor out the next 2 games. If you have the bench space I’d definitely stash him to see how he looks today, you never know.

Edited by Breesus
3 minutes ago, FooserX said:

If you guys had to pick now - Snell or MacFarland for the ROS?

Snell if you're desperate. Conner has been an RB2 in this pass happy offense so I would imagine the ceiling for Snell and McFarland is right around there. Ben could just pass even more.

2 hours ago, LSUtiger said:

Was planning to add him today but Yahoo just moved him to waivers before today’s game kicks off, when he’s been a FA until then (per usual before a game begins). Da fuq? 

Yahoo seems to have fixed the waivers issue.  You have about 19 minutes to grab him, if you want.

1 minute ago, Last Rebel said:

He got some run and looked explosive, but it seems like Snell is still the main backup?

Yeah, McFarland's the one to throw back in the water if you held both to see who would pan out as a potential week-13 start, I think.

I added Snell, but I'm a Terps fan and don't understand why they aren't using Mcfarland over Snell. Mcfarland has Kamara-like qualities and is clearly better for this offense. Maybe the coaches realize that some day soon, but for now, for fantasy, it's Snell if Conner is out. 

• Like 1

Wow... I've never seen a more obvious example of a single play ending an NFL player's career. That big drop was terrible though. Again, I'm a Terps fan, I'm rooting for this kid, but as a gambler, it's just not going to work out for him. 

25 minutes ago, zorndogs said:

Wow... I've never seen a more obvious example of a single play ending an NFL player's career. That big drop was terrible though. Again, I'm a Terps fan, I'm rooting for this kid, but as a gambler, it's just not going to work out for him. 

Lol what? The 4th down play where Ben missed the throw and it would have been an insane catch by McFarland? Yeah, okay. 

1 minute ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Lol what? The 4th down play where Ben missed the throw and it would have been an insane catch by McFarland? Yeah, okay. 

No that was a bad drop, the ball touched both his hands multiple times, if he can't play over Benny Snell, it is over.

2 minutes ago, zorndogs said:

No that was a bad drop, the ball touched both his hands multiple times, if he can't play over Benny Snell, it is over.

Lol okay bro. Ben’s already came out and admitted that play was on him that McFarland ran a great route he just has to make a better throw. But I guess he’ll be cut next week now. 

Just now, JoeJoe88 said:

Lol okay bro. Ben’s already came out and admitted that play was on him that McFarland ran a great route he just has to make a better throw. But I guess he’ll be cut next week now. 

agreed.

that throw was pure arse by Benny Slobbo ... the whole sequence was bizarre ... having Spanky isolated on a LB who was late to recognize the play should've been an easy six - Ben choked this one away. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, zorndogs said:

Dude, he had to reach back over his head behind him to get his hands on the ball. It was a crappy throw. He had his man easily beat too and if Ben made a good throw and led him it's a walk in TD

• Like 1