NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tyreek Hill 2020 Outlook

51 minutes ago, LarryDavid said:

******** unreal. For anyone else that lost their matchup tonight on one of the craziest touchdown passes that never was.. and the other 50 yarder where he backflipped into the endzone, only to have it called back on a debatable holding call.. I send my deepest condolences.

The sick ride this one was tonight really was the cherry on top of ol 2020z 

Mahomes also missed him on a long one in the 1st quarter.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Make that 54 targets, 37 catches, 582 yards, and 8 TDs over his last four games. 14 total TDs in 11 games.  He IS the WR1

40pt games are nice.  But I much rather prefer this year's Tyreek.  I love how rotoworld writers still slip in the "boom or bust" line on him.  He's the most consistent player in the nfl right now.  

🤣 Question Cleats, do you get notifcations on your phone when King Hendry is mentioned

Posted Images

11 hours ago, LarryDavid said:

******** unreal. For anyone else that lost their matchup tonight on one of the craziest touchdown passes that never was.. and the other 50 yarder where he backflipped into the endzone, only to have it called back on a debatable holding call.. I send my deepest condolences.

The sick ride this one was tonight really was the cherry on top of ol 2020z 

He also has the 65 yard td called back against the raiders on a questionable call. Leaving 150 yards and 3 tds unrealized. Still having a baller year but crazy to think it could be that much better.

• Like 1

Love Tyreek on the field. Don’t love him off the field.

and F Andy Reid and whatever crackpot team he has up there in the booth for not challenging that touchdown he actually caught. Going to cost me, and I imagine countless others, the regular season championship 

• Haha 1

Another baller day from one of the three best fantasy WR going (only other debate I’ll listen to currently is Davante and DK) but he did pull up some and grab his hammy on the last touch of the day. It didn’t look serious by any means, hamstrings are tricking though. So just something a little unfortunate to monitor. 

1 hour ago, LarryDavid said:

Another baller day from one of the three best fantasy WR going (only other debate I’ll listen to currently is Davante and DK) but he did pull up some and grab his hammy on the last touch of the day. It didn’t look serious by any means, hamstrings are tricking though. So just something a little unfortunate to monitor. 

He did return to the game and run some routes but I don't believe he was targeted. Hopefully, the most electric player in the NFL will be OK.

Tyreek Hill didn't suffer a hamstring injury in Week 14 against Miami. 

Hill apparently cramped up at the end of a critical first down catch and run against the Dolphins. He reached for his hamstring after the play -- cause for concern for the most league's most explosive player. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said Monday it was a cramp -- nothing more. Hill is a locked-in WR1 for Week 15 against the Saints. 

Dec 14, 2020, 12:32 PM ET

2 hours ago, Pooskay said:

Lattimore vs. Tyreek

Who do y'all got?

Lattimore is very up-and-down. He has the talent to elevate when he is totally motivated and right, but dude just got beat yesterday for a TD by the corpse of Alshon Jeffery...Tyreek is practically un-coverable and was busy smoking --possibly--the best duo of CBs in the NFL in MIA. Saints are good on D, but there are holes in the secondary emerging and they have had an alarming tendency (mostly earlier in the the year) to give up the splash play thru the air. Tyreek is the WR1 this week imo.

As a saints fan who owns Hill I am torn. If the saints pass rush can get home they can hold hill to a modest game (10-20 points) but if Mahomes has time or escapes the pocket we have been prone to give up deep passes. To receivers far less talented than Tyreek. 

• 2 weeks later...

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020/12/23/kansas-city-chiefs-andy-reid-injuries-tyreek-hill-mike-remmers-clyde-edwards-helaire/

Obviously, fans are likely most concerned with the status of Hill, but this seems to be a preventative measure on part of the Chiefs. It all has to do with his hamstring, which seemed to be cramping up during the game.

“We’re taking Tyreek day-by-day,” Reid said. “His hamstring tightened up on him a bit during the game. I think he’s going to be fine I just want to make sure that thing gets a rest here today and then we’ll just see how it goes tomorrow. If he needs a rest tomorrow, we’ll rest him tomorrow. He went through the walkthrough and did all of that. I think he’s going to be OK.”

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/2131163/tyreek-hill

Hill (hamstring) is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Falcons.

That said, Adam Teicher of ESPN.com believes that Hill's 'questionable' designation seems "more precautionary than anything," with coach Andy Reid having said that he expects the wideout -- who was listed as a limited practice participant Thursday and Friday -- to play in Sunday's 1:00 p.m. ET contest.

40 minutes ago, Cleanface said:

I’m worried about the hammy issue + the “game doesn’t matter” scenario.  I can see him being limited bc of both.  Why play him significant time when he has a lingering injury, and the game is meaningless? 

Can’t do anything about it. You’re not gonna bench him unless they specifically say he’s out 

12 hours ago, Cleanface said:

I’m worried about the hammy issue + the “game doesn’t matter” scenario.  I can see him being limited bc of both.  Why play him significant time when he has a lingering injury, and the game is meaningless? 

This is my thought, as well. Reed may not want to push his star WR in a game they should win easily when we’re just a few weeks from their first playoff game. 

• Like 1