NBC Sports Edge Forums

Julio Jones 2020 Outlook

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guessing Raheem Morris sat him down and said let’s go back to force feeding the ball to you 15 times a game and Julio said he was in, or something like that.  If I’m an interim coach, I’m trying to keep my superstars happy and working from there....

3 minutes ago, herschel said:

Guessing Raheem Morris sat him down and said let’s go back to force feeding the ball to you 15 times a game and Julio said he was in, or something like that.  If I’m an interim coach, I’m trying to keep my superstars happy and working from there....

Yeah there is something more to this whole thing. Coach Dan Q seemed clueless on this situation, was rotating Julio in and out and then had him running short stuff/flat routes against GB. The coaching change might be the magic elixir to get him going again?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, JediMasters said:

How can you confidently decide this after what happened in week 4?

No injury designation, he’s had 2 weeks to heal up. Obviously another tweak or re-aggravation is possible, but I’ll gamble on Julio’s 300 yard upside every single week and twice on Sunday.

• Like 3

In deeper 12+ team leagues, you have to play him.  I'm definitely starting him in my 16 teamer because my other options are Hunter Renfrow and Olamide Zacca-whatever his last name is.  Hopefully he really is healed, though, because if he tweaks it again, we're likely looking at another multi-week absence.

Edited by sjm76
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, herschel said:

^Perhaps Redzone targets were promised as well! Maybe Morris will dictate to Ryan to force feed him inside the 20 yard line! It’s been years since Julio was option #1 in the Redzone. Hope springs eternal.

• Haha 1
25 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

In deeper 12+ team leagues, you have to play him.  I'm definitely starting him in my 16 teamer because my other options are Hunter Renfrow and Olamide Zacca-whatever his last name is.  Hopefully he really is healed, though, because if he tweaks it again, we're likely looking at another multi-week absence.

Yeah it is pretty close to true, I have a 14 teamer where I am set with Golladay/Fuller at WR, but with my backs (Kamara/Carson) on BYE I can flex him over Preston...but I am still contemplating. It is pretty assuring that he is totally absent from the injury report, if he were a GTD then he would likely be a sit.

Bought low for this guy early this week with the intention of them sitting him one more week.  If he’s rolled out there with no designation I’m just not sure they don’t put him in decoy mode.  Just wierd he went from probably not playing to not even being questionable

4 hours ago, TeeGee60 said:

Bought low for this guy early this week with the intention of them sitting him one more week.  If he’s rolled out there with no designation I’m just not sure they don’t put him in decoy mode.  Just wierd he went from probably not playing to not even being questionable

To be fair, he was a game time decision last week. I'm starting with confidence.

4 hours ago, TeeGee60 said:

Just wierd he went from probably not playing to not even being questionable

I don’t think he was ever “probably not playing” this week. He was a GTD last week and has had 2 weeks to rest up.

1 minute ago, smeeze said:

I don’t think he was ever “probably not playing” this week. He was a GTD last week and has had 2 weeks to rest up.

Think he wanted coach fired...Then when Quinn was fired...he was healed.

• Like 2