NBC Sports Edge Forums

Julio Jones 2020 Outlook

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Daytraders2019 said:

On a different note- I’m lazy and on my phone- are there still significant splits between Julio on turf vs. grass (I.e. Carolina tonight?)

Since you’re on your phone, go to pro-football-reference.com, search for Julio, click on the tab for his career splits, and scroll down for the surface splits. 

4 minutes ago, Daytraders2019 said:

On a different note- I’m lazy and on my phone- are there still significant splits between Julio on turf vs. grass (I.e. Carolina tonight?)

Looks like he does slightly better outdoors

Untitled.png

Not to be greedy, but last night should've been a much bigger game. Very narrow miss on the TD pass in the corner of the endzone where he had to contort but it still hit his hands, then the fade that fell right in his hands but the defender made a nice play. I feel like if he tried to catch that like Hopkins/Golladay/Gronk often do hands outstretched it would've been six. Then the blurb mentioned a third endzone look that I apparently missed. 

Still a very productive night, don't get me wrong, but that had the makings of closer to 30 than 20. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL
2 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Not to be greedy, but last night should've been a much bigger game. Very narrow miss on the TD pass in the corner of the endzone where he had to contort but it still hit his hands, then the fade that fell right in his hands but the defender made a nice play. I feel like if he tried to catch that like Hopkins/Golladay/Gronk often do hands outstretched it would've been six. Then the blurb mentioned a third endzone look that I apparently missed. 

Still a very productive night, don't get me wrong, but that had the makings of closer to 30 than 20. 

Exactly what I was thinking. Oh well more good games to come

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

This is the exact definition of greedy LOL.

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

That was a great interview. I've never liked Julio Jones as a player...first it was one of LSU's big rivals in Bama and then he was drafted by the Saints biggest rival in Atlanta. Lol. In fact, this is the first year I've ever owned him in fantasy because I generally avoid all Falcons LOL. 

But this was a great interview...thanks for sharing :)

And Cleats is spot-on...he is a humble guy that goes about his business without being a showman or a diva. He plays the game the right way, and I'd become a huge fan of his if he went anywhere other than Atlanta :D. But he's definitely an easy guy to root for because of who he's been on the field and off. But that bird on the side of his helmet...<shudder>

Edited by Flyman75
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, JJ1223 said:

How do we feel about Julio with Ridley likely to miss at least a game?  Bigger target share also comes with more attention from opposing defense.

I think he's a sell. This is my all time guy too, look at my avatar lol. He's a top 3 WR until Ridley is back. He's a shutdown risk I think. I might keep him where I have him and go with it personally but if you can get a good return I think it's potentially wise. Atlanta is in a weird place with him and the franchise where they really aren't as far away as it seems and he hasn't started his major decline yet either. We know it's coming but they can probably afford to wait another year for sure and still get really good value for him. Everyone knows this team is way better then the record says. It'll be interesting to see how the organization plays this.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

I think he's a sell. This is my all time guy too, look at my avatar lol. He's a top 3 WR until Ridley is back. He's a shutdown risk I think. I might keep him where I have him and go with it personally but if you can get a good return I think it's potentially wise. Atlanta is in a weird place with him and the franchise where they really aren't as far away as it seems and he hasn't started his major decline yet either. We know it's coming but they can probably afford to wait another year for sure and still get really good value for him. Everyone knows this team is way better then the record says. It'll be interesting to see how the organization plays this.

Highly doubt they shut him down. Julio's playing for his place amongst the all-time receiving leaders right now. Can't see him sitting even if he's only at 90%.

1 minute ago, smeeze said:

Highly doubt they shut him down. Julio's playing for his place amongst the all-time receiving leaders right now. Can't see him sitting even if he's only at 90%.

I'm not saying it's certainly going to happen. I'm planning on riding it out. It's just something to think about if they continue to struggle. They could also recorrect the record some to what it should be and get hot down the stretch. He could be one of the most valuable players in all of fantasy going forward as well.