NBC Sports Edge Forums

Julio Jones 2020 Outlook

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Thought for sure it was vet rest. Mr Glass is definitely on my DND list next year. Beginning of the end for Julio this year I think, body just can't take it anymore. I feel like year in/year out he was questionable most weeks but ended up playing. This year he's actually missing a ton of time.

8 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Right thing to do. Let that heal this week so he can ball out next week and the ROS.

This does increase the odds of him being shut down though. We’ll just have to wait and see.

Edited by nonstopfan

I had Julio years ago and avoided him since because he's so flakey with the injuries and got stuck with him after bidding him up too much this year. Lesson learned on that. 

Would have preferred he sat last week or before instead of them rolling him out every other week to reinjure himself. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, bangarrang said:

Wow. Thought for sure it was vet rest. Mr Glass is definitely on my DND list next year. Beginning of the end for Julio this year I think, body just can't take it anymore. I feel like year in/year out he was questionable most weeks but ended up playing. This year he's actually missing a ton of time.

It's now his turn to be the Roddy White to Ridley's Julio. Time is a flat circle.

• Like 1
On 12/5/2020 at 5:11 PM, herschel said:

“For me, I’m so competitive that I always want to go and to keep pushing,” Jones said. “But sometimes I need to chill and get completely healthy so it doesn’t linger and I’m missing game after game after game. At this point right now, the hamstring is behind me. I’m healthy, and I’m ready to go.”

That didn't last long.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
2 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Awesome, I'll probably be without my 1st 2 picks for the playoffs. Gotta love fantasy. Never drafting older players again this has been ridiculous.

Agreed. I'm gunning for guys like DK, Jefferson, Lamb, and AJ Brown early next year. Young studs or bust. 

Doesn't help that the Falcons have nothing to play for, if they were in the hunt for a berth then Julio might be playing this week or next. 

• Like 1

HOF talents play into their early 30's at a high level. It sucks not to have julio for the fantasy playoffs though.

Falcons need to rebuild. Ship Julio to Miami, and let the Dolphins draft Devonta Smith. GB might want Julio for a year or two to team up with Rodgers and Adams. He should have options for another year or two. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, FavreCo said:

He's done. The guy can't go a game without wimping out with a leg injury. On routine tackles now he comes up limping.

I wouldn't really say wimping out.. he tried all season to put on for us. I give the dude a medal 🏅. I appreciated the ride even though it sucked some. Def showed me he's tough even when it appears not from the outside. Most dudes would tap out once it flared up , he kept trying to come back in. Never gave up

Yea sucks, it is what it is though. Hopefully still comes back if our teams make it out of this week as I’d still take WR2 production from him.

Guess we will just see how next week goes.

Edited by King Gonzo
12 minutes ago, FavreCo said:

He's done. The guy can't go a game without wimping out with a leg injury. On routine tackles now he comes up limping.

Love when guys on the internet say stuff like this. 😂

It's the same injury, but takes longer to heal the older you get. It sucks, but saying a guy like Julio is wimping out is comical. 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, afl5013 said:

Love when guys on the internet say stuff like this. 😂

It's the same injury, but takes longer to heal the older you get. It sucks, but saying a guy like Julio is wimping out is comical. 

Exactly. That guy has probably never left his couch, let alone suffer a major injury. 

Edited by Cardiak
On 12/9/2020 at 6:07 PM, King Gonzo said:

When did he re-aggravate his hamstring injury? Only thing I have seen is him tweaking his knee and coming out for a series.

well I guess it was more than a tweak this time he's been ruled out. So my eyes were not deceiving me last Sunday. He did re-aggravate the hammy