NBC Sports Edge Forums

Julio Jones 2020 Outlook

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess with him we have to wait until Friday to see what his status is, hopefully he gets a full practice in this week somewhere to clear it up early. Somehow I doubt it though, I don’t think he’s had anything other than limited practices all year. I been filling in for him with Lockett, but would love to have Julio for the playoffs. 

19 hours ago, Godeep said:

Guess with him we have to wait until Friday to see what his status is, hopefully he gets a full practice in this week somewhere to clear it up early. Somehow I doubt it though, I don’t think he’s had anything other than limited practices all year. I been filling in for him with Lockett, but would love to have Julio for the playoffs. 

My replacement plays Saturday.  I'm not taking a chance on Julio not playing or getting hurt in game.

“We’ll take Julio as far as we can take him each week to see if we can get him to play and be productive,” Morris said Wednesday. “If we can’t, we’ll just have to move on for that week and give him another opportunity the following week. We’ll see where he is this week.”

https://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-falcons/julio-jones-week-to-week-for-rest-of-season/TP32VBP22BDPDECQHWPCMKONFM/?outputType=amp

1 hour ago, Spyplane said:

“We’ll take Julio as far as we can take him each week to see if we can get him to play and be productive,” Morris said Wednesday. “If we can’t, we’ll just have to move on for that week and give him another opportunity the following week. We’ll see where he is this week.”

https://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-falcons/julio-jones-week-to-week-for-rest-of-season/TP32VBP22BDPDECQHWPCMKONFM/?outputType=amp

If this was just the regular season and Julio ended up playing, I wouldn't hesitate to start him due to well he's Julio and you don't want him blowing up on your bench despite the fact that he could lay an egg. But this is the playofffs man, I can't take that risk. Unless you're absolutely decimated with injuries, I can't imagine starting Julio even if he somehow (unlikely) gets the nod.

Edited by RoseLin23
1 hour ago, RoseLin23 said:

If this was just the regular season and Julio ended up playing, I wouldn't hesitate to start him due to well he's Julio and you don't want him blowing up on your bench despite the fact that he could lay an egg. But this is the playofffs man, I can't take that risk. Unless you're absolutely decimated with injuries, I can't imagine starting Julio even if he somehow (unlikely) gets the nod.

Well of course you don't slot him in today but I don't make decisions on next week right now. Like anything, it pays to wait and see...

• Like 1

Apparently he got some sort of special injection that helps with the healing process? I don't know if he plays this week but I sure hope he does. The only reason I can think of right now that he wants to come back is for individual stats and I'm fine with that. I hope he's gunning for 1,000 receiving yards in week 16. Come wit it now! 😎🤘

1 hour ago, Spyplane said:

Apparently he got some sort of special injection that helps with the healing process? I don't know if he plays this week but I sure hope he does. The only reason I can think of right now that he wants to come back is for individual stats and I'm fine with that. I hope he's gunning for 1,000 receiving yards in week 16. Come wit it now! 😎🤘

Yeah he got a PRP shot. He is obv serious about coming back and putting up some numbers...[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 2
52 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah he got a PRP shot. He is obv serious about coming back and putting up some numbers... [...]

I'm not a doctor, but from a quick Google these shots are not magic, correct?

https://www.healio.com/news/orthopedics/20200625/prp-injection-for-hamstring-injuries-yields-little-reduction-in-time-to-return-to-play

Study results showed the mean RTP time ranged from 21 days to 50.9 days with a mean reinjury rate of around 11.7% in the PRP group vs. 30.8 days to 52.8 days and a mean reinjury rate of around 12.8% in the control group. 

So next Sunday may still be too early for him, and they have nothing to play for, unfortunately.