NBC Sports Edge Forums

Julio Jones 2020 Outlook

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, fletch44 said:

Good luck. Chronic hamstrings injuries don't get better with age and neither do WR. 

WRs don't get better? (not that Julio even needs to get better to hit top 10 WR status)

I am saying that his 4th round price tag next year will be way too low for me to pass on because I still see him as a back end top 10 WR when healthy

I realize he won't play all 16 games but he doesn't need to

I owned zero shares of him this past year btw

Edited by mocha4313
7 hours ago, mocha4313 said:

WRs don't get better? (not that Julio even needs to get better to hit top 10 WR status)

Julio will be 32 next season. That's not ancient yet, but he's also not in his prime anymore. Injuries unfortunately is often a part of that.

This guy was on my do not draft list this year and he will be next year unless his price tag drops to about the 4th-5th round. Preferably fifth. At that point you can afford to take the gamble. But I doubt he drops that low. People need to see bad seasons over and over until they get the hint.

I used to draft Julio almost every year. This year was the exception (drafted Ridley instead).

Starting to think the wear and tear is catching up with him. 32 in about a month. He probably has a half year worth of elite play left in his body.

• Haha 1
On 12/30/2020 at 7:51 AM, poofinger said:

His sarcasm 

head 

Actually it wasn't sarcasm (though I get how it sounded like it)

I legitimately believe he is a top 10 WR on talent still and though I avoided him everywhere this year (thankfully) I think he has a really good shot of top 6-8 WR numbers again--at least good enough to be worth it in the 4th round

I realize he will not play a full 16 games--that is baked into his price though

Even this year he was on pace for 1370 yards before injury (With him being injured for many of the 9 games he played)--lets assume 16 games is an impossibility and say he only plays 14--still on pace for about 1200 yards

In dynasty he has gotten dirt cheap too

I bought for Gabriel Davis, a late mid to late 2nd round rookie pick next year and the last pick of the third round of the rookie draft this year

It's all about risk vs reward and I find that--or a 4th round redraft price tag alongside the likes of DJ Chark, Chase Claypool and Amari Pooper--to be a reasonable risk

To each his own though

Edited by mocha4313
3 hours ago, wahoos1 said:

2021 AJ Green 

Nah Julio is actually very productive when he’s on the field. AJ is cooked even when he’s healthy!

13 hours ago, wahoos1 said:

2021 AJ Green 

9 hours ago, Cdub2k said:

Nah Julio is actually very productive when he’s on the field. AJ is cooked even when he’s healthy!

Maybe Julio's end will be like Roddy White, who was somewhat productive for a few years until he finally hung up his cleats.  I don't think next year will be the year of a sharp decline though, barring more injuries.