Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Julio Jones 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JULIO JONES MISSING THURSDAY
PUBLISHED THU SEP 24 9:06:00 A.M. CT 2020  
(thehuddle) Atlanta Falcons WR Julio Jones (hamstring) was not spotted on the field during the early portion of the team's practice Thursday, Sept. 24.

Analysis: Jones is coming off a poor game (two catches for 24 yards on four targets) in Week 2 and now is battling a hammy issue. His progress will need to be monitored the rest of the week, but even a week out of practice wouldn't necessarily preclude him from playing Sunday. Stay tuned ...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lambfordinner said:

Any Falcons locals with status of this hamstring injury? Local Beat reporters sayin’ what? Have owned Julio in many years, he’s not a practice demon. Is this a tweak or pull? Any “Dirty Bird” insider insight appreciated.

Just gonna have to wait and see, probably won't know until Sunday morning whether or not he's going. I would definitely prepare for the possibility that he doesn't play.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I own Julio and I would rather they just have him sit this week and try to give him time to heal rather than him aggravate it and end up missing multiple weeks.  Hamstring injuries are arguably the worst for wr's

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sjm76 said:

I own Julio and I would rather they just have him sit this week and try to give him time to heal rather than him aggravate it and end up missing multiple weeks.  Hamstring injuries are arguably the worst for wr's

^Exactly! He’ll probably be out but won’t happen until Gametime. If plays, decoy incoming; fire up your alternate. Plugged in Hasta Laviska for tonight; heal up sweet prince!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gandalfthecat said:

The worst part is we've seen injured Julio play and go bonkers AND we've seen injured Julio play and be a decoy. 

It'll be a true coin toss. 

 

Definitely a toss-up. Personally, I wish they'd just sit him in this game...concerned about him potentially making this worse by continuing to go out there. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Flyman75 said:

Definitely a toss-up. Personally, I wish they'd just sit him in this game...concerned about him potentially making this worse by continuing to go out there. 

Long time Julio owner (first time caller) - I think that's the way it's heading this week. I have seen every variation of this dance over the last few years and all signs point to a big fat O on Sunday. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Long time Julio owner (first time caller) - I think that's the way it's heading this week. I have seen every variation of this dance over the last few years and all signs point to a big fat O on Sunday. 

 

If it means him healing up and being to come back and be his usual top 5 self, I'd happily accept him being out for the next week or two. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, herschel said:

if he plays, you have to play him right?


I really think it depends on your options. I'm just going to use myself as an example here (not talking about my team. No CSB'ing here), but if I'm choosing between him and Gallup, I'm leaning Gallup. 

Just my two cents. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...