NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Jacobs 2020 Outlook

Im expecting a bounceback game. Even in the last few games when he hasn’t blown up on the stat sheet has looked very good on the eye test. 

O-line issues, Ruggs/Edwards being unavailable just haven’t helped. Carr just can’t hang onto the ball either which isn’t really reflected in his stats given he hasn’t thrown an interception but has hurt the game flow

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FTFY

He's got the most rushing attempts in the league.  He's getting Trent Brown and Ruggs back this week.  Not worried at all.

CEH owner is going to enjoy the ride.  Now, back to your regularly scheduled Josh Jacobs programming.  

Posted Images

I think he blows up again when Ruggs and the linemen are back. Right now enemy defenses just need to stack the box and key in on Waller when facing the raiders.

Edited by harck

Those two TDs late in the game really saved this thread from becoming a burning building and jumped him up from 8-10 points to 20+ lol. Was not looking like a good fantasy day until he punched them in. Seeing a lot of good signs though for him moving forward -- finally a healthy O-Line and the return of Ruggs/Edwards should spread the field and open some more running lanes.

The only trouble is he's still seeing such a miniscule role in the passing game despite his talent for it as evidenced by game 1. Wish he'd get more passing volume, but can't have everything. I'll take the TDs.

Edited by harck
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, harck said:

I'll still be happy as long as Jacobs gets 15-20 touches per game and the goal lines. Jacobs sitting at 25-30 touches a game was unsustainable and risking injury.

Yeah I was worrying a bit about an injury that could knock him out multiple games. As long as he gets and converts the goal line work I'm coo wit it...

• Like 1

Anyone in redraft thinking about selling? 6 of his next 9 games are against top 8 run defenses. It also looks like he’s already exhausted and dealing with minor injuries. This dude has never came close to this many carries in his entire life. I just have a bad feeling about him moving forward. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Dislimb said:

Anyone in redraft thinking about selling? 6 of his next 9 games are against top 8 run defenses. It also looks like he’s already exhausted and dealing with minor injuries. This dude has never came close to this many carries in his entire life. I just have a bad feeling about him moving forward. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Good Lord no!  The Raiders are already done with the hard part of their schedule (on paper anyway); game scripts should heavily favor JJ going forward.

23 hours ago, Dislimb said:

I haven’t gotten a chance to watch him much all year, but I just traded for him. I wasn’t aware he was dealing with any minor injuries... can you elaborate?

I would think his arrow is pointing back up after the bye with their team getting healthier.

28 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I haven’t gotten a chance to watch him much all year, but I just traded for him. I wasn’t aware he was dealing with any minor injuries... can you elaborate?

I would think his arrow is pointing back up after the bye with their team getting healthier.

He had a shoulder issue before Week 1 that caused him to miss practice time. He had an ankle issue before Week 2 that caused him to miss practice time. He had a hip issue before Week 3 that caused him to miss almost all practices that week. Seemed fine between weeks 4-5 though. The shoulder issue he had early this year was a flare up of the same one that bothered him almost all of last season that caused him to miss 3 games in 2019.

He already has 106 carries this year (which leads the league) and the run defenses he has to face coming up are pretty tough.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, harck said:

He's had nicks and bruises on the practice reports, but looks great in games. Still running with force and hopping around. This BYE week timing is amazing for him and the Raiders as a whole.

3.6 ypc “looks great in games” to you?

I hope I’m wrong about Jacobs and that he stays healthy and balls out the rest of the year, but I see one too many red flags.

3 minutes ago, Dislimb said:

3.6 ypc “looks great in games” to you?

I hope I’m wrong about Jacobs and that he stays healthy and balls out the rest of the year, but I see one too many red flags.

When I say "looks great," I'm not looking at his fantasy score or box scores. I'm watching him play. And yes, he looks absolutely great. Anytime he's near the goal line, he scores, often plowing through 2-3 guys. He fights for every yard and looks explosive. His YPC is lower this year, but I'm going to toss that up to the Raiders offense being decimated from weeks 2 - 4. Two of their best tackles were out, Ruggs was out, Edwards was out -- so all teams had to do was double Waller and stack the box.

Edited by harck
  • Like 3
34 minutes ago, Dislimb said:

He had a shoulder issue before Week 1 that caused him to miss practice time. He had an ankle issue before Week 2 that caused him to miss practice time. He had a hip issue before Week 3 that caused him to miss almost all practices that week. Seemed fine between weeks 4-5 though. The shoulder issue he had early this year was a flare up of the same one that bothered him almost all of last season that caused him to miss 3 games in 2019.

He already has 106 carries this year (which leads the league) and the run defenses he has to face coming up are pretty tough.

Thanks. Hadn’t been paying attention to his practice reports at all bc I didn’t own him anywhere until now.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, harck said:

When I say "looks great," I'm not looking at his fantasy score or box scores. I'm watching him play. And yes, he looks absolutely great. Anytime he's near the goal line, he scores, often plowing through 2-3 guys. He fights for every yard and looks explosive. His YPC is lower this year, but I'm going to toss that up to the Raiders offense being decimated from weeks 2 - 4. Two of their best tackles were out, Ruggs was out, Edwards was out -- so all teams had to do was double Waller and stack the box.

Yeah...I believe it was that last run of the Chiefs game where a DL or LB locked up with him like 3 yards short of the 1st down but he just stayed up right and churned it out across the 1st down marker to ice the game...looked especially good on that one.

1 hour ago, harck said:

As a Raiders fan, I can attest to this. He lost Trent Brown, Richie Incognito, and Sam Young on the O-line and his play was affected by it. Losing Ruggs also allowed Safties to play closer to the LOS. A healthy Raiders offense is scary and they now get a Bye week to get even more pieces back.

• Like 1

Zeke, Kamara, Elliot, CMC, Cook, Henry, Aaron Jones... maybe Mostert? That's about it for me.

Hunt will lose value when Chubb comes back, though I'd put him over for the time being. The rest of the bunch like Jrob, Mixon, JT, etc... are on the same level or arguably worse.

Edited by harck
37 minutes ago, harck said:

Zeke, Kamara, Elliot, CMC, Cook, Henry, Aaron Jones... maybe Mostert? That's about it for me.

Hunt will lose value when Chubb comes back, though I'd put him over for the time being. The rest of the bunch like Jrob, Mixon, JT, etc... are on the same level or arguably worse.

What about James Conner?