NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Josh Jacobs 2020 Outlook

Boudewijn

2 hours ago, harck said:

Zeke, Kamara, Elliot, CMC, Cook, Henry, Aaron Jones... maybe Mostert? That's about it for me.

Hunt will lose value when Chubb comes back, though I'd put him over for the time being. The rest of the bunch like Jrob, Mixon, JT, etc... are on the same level or arguably worse.

Sanders??  

Def like Jacobs over Conner.  I’d put him above of Mostert as well.  Just wondering where Miles would fall.  There’s not many. 

Edited by Cleanface

Scary matchup this week vs TB. That run defense is dominant... I wouldn't be surprised if Jacobs is held under 50 yards on the ground just based on what Kamara, CMC, Aaron Jones etc. have done against them. He really needs a TD or two this week to have a good fantasy performance, since the receptions haven't really been a big factor so far this season. Still starting him obviously but I don't feel good about it.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, drisser said:

Scary matchup this week vs TB. That run defense is dominant... I wouldn't be surprised if Jacobs is held under 50 yards on the ground just based on what Kamara, CMC, Aaron Jones etc. have done against them. He really needs a TD or two this week to have a good fantasy performance, since the receptions haven't really been a big factor so far this season. Still starting him obviously but I don't feel good about it.

The TDs only come if the Raiders are up ahead (as seen in the CAR and KC matches). Let's just hope Gruden and co. spent their bye week figuring out how work around the TB defense and keep Brady off the field. 

On 10/19/2020 at 3:04 PM, drisser said:

agree.  Won’t sit him because the alternatives aren’t better.  But keeping expectations in check and considering starting higher boom/bust in my flex to compensate.

Welp. This really sucks for us Jacobs owners. I can't see him being productive at all this week with a backup line against a tough TB defense. Might also hurt him for next week as well depending on how long these linemen are out for. Losing Brown again is so huge, let alone anyone else.

• Thanks 1

Bucs are going to eat the Raiders alive. I’m starting Jacobs only because I’m forced to due to BYE weeks, injuries, etc. Just hoping he luckboxes into the end zone like Kamara did in week 1 when the Bucs D held him to 1.3 ypc.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Dislimb said:

Bucs are going to eat the Raiders alive. I’m starting Jacobs only because I’m forced to due to BYE weeks, injuries, etc. Just hoping he luckboxes into the end zone like Kamara did in week 1 when the Bucs D held him to 1.3 ypc.

Yeah I'm pretty much forced to start him and hoping for tons of check downs off of nonstop blitzing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, harck said:

Yeah I'm pretty much forced to start him and hoping for tons of check downs off of nonstop blitzing.

If that tweet you posted regarding some of the offensive lineman being out this week comes to pass, then man oh man. JPP and Barrett are going to feast.

If you have someone like D swift or A Gibson i Definitely suggest starting them over jacobs this week. 

that o line losing key players is going to struggle against the Tampa bay run defense. 

they been notorious for stopping big name RB 

even cmc doesn’t have big games against them. 

last year week 2 37 rush yds 2.3 ypc 

week 6 31 rush yds 1.4 ypc 

this year 

they held him to 59 

his saving grace was targets which Jacobs doesn’t get. 

unless gruden decides to give him more run on passing down work I’d say he’s a soy this week 

• Like 1

Yeah I might slide 

20 minutes ago, HOF12 said:

If you have someone like D swift or A Gibson i Definitely suggest starting them over jacobs this week. 

that o line losing key players is going to struggle against the Tampa bay run defense. 

they been notorious for stopping big name RB 

even cmc doesn’t have big games against them. 

last year week 2 37 rush yds 2.3 ypc 

week 6 31 rush yds 1.4 ypc 

this year 

they held him to 59 

his saving grace was targets which Jacobs doesn’t get. 

unless gruden decides to give him more run on passing down work I’d say he’s a soy this week 

Yep, it's definitely a really concerning game. The only way I see him producing is via check downs and bombs to Ruggs that end up in goal line rush TDs. I think if we here back that all the O-line aside from Trent Brown are OK to go, I'll leave him in. Otherwise, taking him out.

I just hope with his injury history and the nicks and bruises so far this season, he makes it out OK. This Tampa defense hits HARD.

Edited by harck
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, harck said:

I just hope with his injury history and the nicks and bruises so far this season, he makes it out OK. This Tampa defense hits HARD.

Exactly. Had to put him on my bench this week. Losing Trent Brown and potentially more was the final straw. I hope Brady and co. put up a big lead quickly and force the Raiders to pass, pass, pass all game. Let my boy Jacobs come out of this game alive for that nice schedule after. 

16 minutes ago, MKO3090 said:

Pick up Devontae Booker! I may be paranoid, but this could get brutal. 

Nothing's more brutal than starting Booker over Jacobs.

I think Jacobs will sneak in for a TD here and give a floor performance...still can't bench him unless you got 14-15 PPG alternatives. 

5 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Nothing's more brutal than starting Booker over Jacobs.

Don't start him this week, but have Booker on your roster just in case. What's more brutal than starting Booker is having nothing if Jacobs gets injured. The schedule is still soft whether Jacobs is out or not. We're getting to that time of year where you should start thinking about handcuffing your studs.

• Like 1