Josh Jacobs 2020 Outlook

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FTFY

He's got the most rushing attempts in the league.  He's getting Trent Brown and Ruggs back this week.  Not worried at all.

CEH owner is going to enjoy the ride.  Now, back to your regularly scheduled Josh Jacobs programming.  

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Jubanton said:

yikes

Good lord. Whoever has the TB defense has a gold mine of points this weekend if the game is played. I guess you start Jacobs, but my my, this could be an ugly one.

Edited by FitzMagic
2 minutes ago, brooklynfinest42 said:

so in this event wouldn't the game just be pushed to Monday or Tuesday in likely hood? Than Raiders barring more positive tests can have most of there starters on O-line

The Seattle Seahawks and Arizona Cardinals will now be NBC’s Sunday Night Football game while the Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ trip to the Las Vegas Raiders has been moved to 4:05 p.m. ET on Fox.

If the game is moved again it would be Monday or Tuesday. Right now they were just worried about the primetime game slot being cancelled which they were slated to play in.

Tough spot to be in with Jacobs this week.  On the one hand, he's a featured back and in any kind of 12+ team league most people just don't have enough depth to bench a featured back.

On the other hand, Tampa run D hasn't allowed more than 34 yards rushing in the last 4 games to any one player they have faced.  And that player was Jamal Williams who had one long run for 29(think this may have been in garbage time too but not sure), but Aaron Jones was held to 15 yards on 10 carries which is insane.  If you have watched Tampa play lately- they have been beyond impressive facing the run, and now Oakland is going to start all bench players against their front 7?  

If their OL all come back I’m starting him over CEH in my RB2 (Zeke RB1). F it. Not going to let oh so scary TB dst worry me.  JJacobs is locked every week  

Fresh off a BYE, fresh off 2 TD game before bye, let’s roll JJ 🦾

old news? 
image.png

11 hours ago, Cleanface said:

If their OL all come back I’m starting him over CEH in my RB2 (Zeke RB1). F it. Not going to let oh so scary TB dst worry me.  JJacobs is locked every week  

Fresh off a BYE, fresh off 2 TD game before bye, let’s roll JJ 🦾

I wish I shared your confidence. TB defense is nasty. Jacobs has been TD dependent -- YPC averages per game are 3.2, 3.3, 4.4, 3.3, 3.7.  
The 4.2 targets per game help mitigate that a bit... but he was a borderline 'sit' for me even before the COVID news - largely dependent on your teams RB depth.
I'm struggling to choose two between Jacobs, Gio Bernard, and Swift. I'm tempted to roll with the lesser names, in rosier situations. 

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS
23 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

I wish I shared your confidence. TB defense is nasty. Jacobs has been TD dependent -- YPC averages per game are 3.2, 3.3, 4.4, 3.3, 3.7.  
The 4.2 targets per game help mitigate that a bit... but he was a borderline 'sit' for me even before the COVID news - largely dependent on your teams RB depth.
I'm struggling to choose two between Jacobs, Gio Bernard, and Swift. I'm tempted to roll with the lesser names, in rosier situations. 

Just gotta pray for a GL plunge, when up against a bad matchup

OK, I've been a little turned around here. Still a start to me because he's completely healthy and, more importantly, I think the team will adjust to their limitations given the full week notice. Perhaps he'll finally catch a lot of passes tomorrow? Makes sense to find a way to get one of your best playmakers the ball any kind of way.

16 minutes ago, MKO3090 said:

OK, I've been a little turned around here. Still a start to me because he's completely healthy and, more importantly, I think the team will adjust to their limitations given the full week notice. Perhaps he'll finally catch a lot of passes tomorrow? Makes sense to find a way to get one of your best playmakers the ball any kind of way.

Any word on Bryan Edwards being active? Having two of their best WRs (including Ruggs) would definitely make things easier for Jacobs

Just now, jpark211 said:

Any word on Bryan Edwards being active? Having two of their best WRs (including Ruggs) would definitely make things easier for Jacobs

Unfortunately, out. But there's still Ruggs, Renfrow, and Waller so... More targets?