Josh Jacobs 2020 Outlook

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FTFY

He's got the most rushing attempts in the league.  He's getting Trent Brown and Ruggs back this week.  Not worried at all.

CEH owner is going to enjoy the ride.  Now, back to your regularly scheduled Josh Jacobs programming.  

Posted Images

Dude says he spent all offseason on his receiving game... runs a great route today on a crucial down and makes a stellar diving catch... Aaaaand of course outside of that the Raiders just continue to ignore him in the passing game. His bane as an RB right now.

I'm not going to complain though, 14 points is completely serviceable in terms of RBs right now and he always has at least 3 goal line looks per game.

Still better than CEH and Taylor. Averaging right around the same numbers as Mixon. Hunt and Sanders haven't been exceptional. To be honest the only RBs that aren't boom bust right now are Cook, CMC, and Kamara (Jones when healthy, and even then Williams will vulture him quite a bit the rest of the year if he doesn't end up with COVID). Even Edmonds and Gibson struggled this week. Montgomery. This is the year of the WR.

Edited by harck
4 hours ago, harck said:

Dude says he spent all offseason on his receiving game... runs a great route today on a crucial down and makes a stellar diving catch... Aaaaand of course outside of that the Raiders just continue to ignore him in the passing game. His bane as an RB right now.

I'm not going to complain though, 14 points is completely serviceable in terms of RBs right now and he always has at least 3 goal line looks per game.

Still better than CEH and Taylor. Averaging right around the same numbers as Mixon. Hunt and Sanders haven't been exceptional. To be honest the only RBs that aren't boom bust right now are Cook, CMC, and Kamara (Jones when healthy, and even then Williams will vulture him quite a bit the rest of the year if he doesn't end up with COVID). Even Edmonds and Gibson struggled this week. Montgomery. This is the year of the WR.

Put some respect on RBson James Robinson

• Like 1

I watched almost all of the game yesterday.  I thought Jacobs looked good, and the Raiders run game looked good.  The only problem was Devontae Booker was getting just as much work as Jacobs, and Richard was mixed in on 3rd downs.

I hate to admit it, but Booker looked good as well... He has all season.  Hopefully the extra work for Booker was due to Jacobs knee/illness thing he had this week, but hard to tell. Their refusal to throw to JJ is frustrating... he’s a good pass catcher, but at least Jacobs is still the preferred goalline back.

1 hour ago, this guy right here said:

Currently RB10 in PPR. 14th and 12th RB taken in my two leagues.

Yes, but his overall rank is driven largely by two games that he scored 2 and 3 TDs in respectively. Outside of those two games he has put up low end RB2/RB3 numbers. Maybe I'm just jaded because I took him at 1.8 in a PPR league, in hindsight that was too early. Probably should've gone WR/WR at that draft position.

7 minutes ago, drisser said:

Yes, but his overall rank is driven largely by two games that he scored 2 and 3 TDs in respectively. Outside of those two games he has put up low end RB2/RB3 numbers. Maybe I'm just jaded because I took him at 1.8 in a PPR league, in hindsight that was too early. Probably should've gone WR/WR at that draft position.

That was earlier than he went in most drafts (I traded for him), but while he hasn’t exactly performed up to Top 8 overall status, you should be happy you avoided a lot of the other 1st Round land mines this year.

2 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I watched almost all of the game yesterday.  I thought Jacobs looked good, and the Raiders run game looked good.  The only problem was Devontae Booker was getting just as much work as Jacobs, and Richard was mixed in on 3rd downs.

I hate to admit it, but Booker looked good as well... He has all season.  Hopefully the extra work for Booker was due to Jacobs knee/illness thing he had this week, but hard to tell. Their refusal to throw to JJ is frustrating... he’s a good pass catcher, but at least Jacobs is still the preferred goalline back.

Yeah Booker has looked pretty good all year spelling Jacobs. An unfortunately big part of this is that defenses loosen up the box when he's in, Booker gets a lot of light fronts. I don't think it's necessarily bad that Booker spells Jacobs a bit more considering Jacobs still gets minimum 15-17 touhes per game (often much more) and goal line. It's just bad when Booker takes one to the house 20+ yards out like last night.

But yeah it's a shame how much Jacobs has talked about working on his pass catching and improving all off-season. It showed last night in that fake out release he gave a linebacker and then the diving catch. Tragedy they don't exploit this burgeoning strength of his, but I think they figure he already has a lot on his plate being asked to carry the ball upwards of 30 times a game.

We're still waiting on Brown and Incognito and another ace starting tackle was surprisingly out last night. Still have heard zip about Incognito. Brown I've heard is out at least another month. I'm just assuming these two won't play again this year, unfortunately. The big price paid for this weakened offensive line is more goal line stuffs. If he had Brown and Incognito up front, he'd be able to replicate the 2 TD performances of early season very easily with how much goal line volume he gets.

Edited by harck
  • Like 2

I'll happily eat my words calling him a bust. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come ROS. Also Booker is looking like a must own handcuff at this point, I'm think of blowing my entire remaining FAAB on him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Game was over by the 4th quarter anyway, they tried to preserve him as much as possible and when you have a backup that's balling out like Booker, as a coaching staff, why not I suppose?

Luckily I'd already won my matchup at that point but if it was close and saw 20+ points going to some other guy I would have been  in the fetal position losing my firking mind!!😫🤓

Look how amazing he looked in the pass game. All thanks to a Jalen Richard injury. Hopefully the raiders realize what they have and how much work he put in the off-season and continue to use him as a passing back.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, harck said:

Look how amazing he looked in the pass game. All thanks to a Jalen Richard injury. Hopefully the raiders realize what they have and how much work he put in the off-season and continue to use him as a passing back.

I agree, he looked good.  I don't understand when coaching staff limits a player to a one dimensional role when they have the skills to do more.  Hopefully, they expand his role as a pass catcher.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Kilo said:

I agree, he looked good.  I don't understand when coaching staff limits a player to a one dimensional role when they have the skills to do more.  Hopefully, they expand his role as a pass catcher.

Because Jon Gruden is a moron

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jpark211 said:

Because Jon Gruden is a moron

Seems like Richard's injury was minor, and if Gruden goes right back to Richard in every pass situation over Jacobs... man.

I don't even own Jacobs anymore, but the kid is clearly extremely talented at being a receiving back too and he's one of my favorite players. He put in a lot of work during the off-season and it shows. Giving linebackers fakeouts on the release and everything, making diving catches, and plowing for great YAC.

Not to mention it makes the Raider's offense so much more difficult to predict if Jacobs is in on passing downs. Richard is in? You know it's a 99% chance of a pass. Jacobs is in? Defense has to decide if they want to leave more men in the box and allows you to dual-threat punish. Lose lose, pick your poison situation. Just bring in Booker on a few more first and second downs to compensate Jacob's increased workload and continue to give him breathers. This should be a 2 RB offense, not 3.

Edited by harck
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm honestly worried about game script in this one. 

KC is all rested up and ready to fire on all cylinders and might put OAK in position to throw a lot, I shudder at the thought of Derick Carr being forced to throw. But if Gruden can let Jacobs stay in on 3rd downs then maybe our boy can put up points regardless of gamescript? But then there's Booker in the midst who's frankly pretty damn good. If Richard is in the mix again then I fear we're in trouble with Jacobs... What do you guys think? 

1 hour ago, Fantasy_Degenerate said:

I'm honestly worried about game script in this one. 

KC is all rested up and ready to fire on all cylinders and might put OAK in position to throw a lot, I shudder at the thought of Derick Carr being forced to throw. But if Gruden can let Jacobs stay in on 3rd downs then maybe our boy can put up points regardless of gamescript? But then there's Booker in the midst who's frankly pretty damn good. If Richard is in the mix again then I fear we're in trouble with Jacobs... What do you guys think? 

I think poop on a stick. Fire him up lets go !

Not but in all seriousness just gotta hope this game isn't a blow out. 

This feels like a KC revenge game, for the L the Raiders served them.

GL touches + hopefully a tuddie might save our day. 

Edited by RunCMC